Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tigersong

[SKY] animal behavior

How does one go about changing the behavior of animals in Skyrim (besides using Kyne's Peace, naturally)? I ask because to my mind it seems ridiculous for every wolf in the land to stop what it's doing, come after you and fight you to the death (usually the wolf's). To that end I started a mod called Calmer Critters, but I'm uncertain on how to proceed.

Editing WolfFaction doesn't seem to help; wolves still attack as normal. Should I edit the animal's aggression setting as well?

Edited by Tigersong

In the actor tab, under AIData, you can adjust the Wolf's aggression, assistance, and confidence. If you only want the wolf to attack when attacked, you can play around with the wolf's faction(s), Setting the player to Neutral or Friend.

Thank you, Bawb! ...It looks like this one already changed the wolf faction.

Edited by Tigersong

Come to think of it, if your mod adjusts the wolves behavior to be less aggressive, perhaps it would be wise to tweak the "CreatureWolves" loadscreen text, which states:
"The wolves of Skyrim are feral, savage beasts, and hunt in packs to take down any prey available... be it animal or man."

Just an idea :P

Will altering the loadscreen cause the game world to randomly explode? Where is it stored?

I'm afraid we won't be seeing any explosions today, at least not from this :D

it's located in miscellaneous, under "Loadscreen". Alternatively, you can just search for "CreatureWolves" in the search bar.

I would be tempted to increase the number spawned, give 'em a fighting chance. :)

This sounds cool. In the Immersive Creatures Mod (which is so awesome) the modder added wolf cubs and saber kittens. !!! I just couldn't.:( It was so sad!! Thankfully, the modder lets the user stop the wee ones from spawning. That was messing with my head!

This one wonders if it's possible to tweak the AI so the bigger creatures would only attack if you get near their young...

Probably, but it might require some scripting. Basically attach a small script to the cubs that checks to see how close the player is to them, and if they're too close and the mother is nearby, have the mother and any others attack the player. Though changing the aggression setting might work as well.

How would this one attach the changes in behavior to a perk or power? For instance, suppose he made a perk that stops deer from fleeing when the player approaches.

You can get that perk from reading all ten of the standing stones along the way to High Hrothgar, TS. I'd look to see how Beth did that for your perk.