DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello All

Brohanga

Hello all,

It is a pleasure to be here. The name was given to me by members of a former band and I guess it stuck. I have been playing TESV for just over a year now. Have used many mods and am eager to learn how to create my own. I have lots of great ideas for mods (or I think so anyway). I have built a house and placed it in game with stables for the horses. Can't seem to get the chopping block to work right though...lol. Hope to make new friends here as well as be a friend. 

2015-10-18_00002.jpg

• Upvote 3

Yes the chopping block does have the animation marker. I just typed "chopping block" in the filter and found it that way. The picture above was taken before the chopping block was added so it is not visible. It's between the corners of the stable and the house. I can re-post a pic if you like. 

I did get it to work. I thought it might have something to do with a chopping block mod that I use (don't know if I can mention that mod here) so I disabled it and tried again to no avail. After I re-enabled it I decided to go back a few saves to finish re-arranging Windstad. When I arrived back at the house the chopping block worked as expected. The only thing I can think of is that the save I went back to took me out of the cell the house is in.

Is there something to the current save being in the same cell your mod is in and creating/making changes?  If so, then it might be best practice to do a save that is NOT also in the cell you are working on after you go in game to check your work? Food for thought I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. Getting ready to try my hand at navemeshing. Wish me luck.

Later

Edited by Brohanga

For testing always use a save that has not seen your mod before! Keep this save and don't overwrite it.
Best would be to have a save outside your interior cell and enter your cell from the outside after you have made changes.
Also it is recommended to test your mod without any mods installed that make changes to the game like the one that you described.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tips Tamira. I figured as much about not having a save that's in the same cell after that worked. I will start fasting to WR or maybe Robber Gorge to do a save after checking/testing my work. On having the mods installed during testing, I can just go into data at startup and un-check them so they don't load and not have to uninstall them, right?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the tips Tamira. I figured as much about not having a save that's in the same cell after that worked. I will start fasting to WR or maybe Robber Gorge to do a save after checking/testing my work. On having the mods installed during testing, I can just go into data at startup and un-check them so they don't load and not have to uninstall them, right?

Thanks again.

Un-checking mods sadly does not a totally clean job, especially scripts will remain in the savegame. I suspect that placed furniture can stay there too.

If your test mod is not dependent on vanilla game quests, you can have a real clean test save from the start screen (where you can choose "continue, new, load" etc.): type in the console

COC [ID of your interior cell]
or
COC Riverwood
The latter will bring you to the signpost outside Riverwood. Of course you can choose any other named location or use COE [cell coordinates].
You will have for testing a basic level 1 Nord warrior character that has not even seen Helgen. Of course, fighting with this low level char can be a bit stressful :D

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome!

I like to help when possible.  My projects are crashing a lot, so I end up trying to help others while I figure out my own mess.

I hope the tutorials and courses are helpful for you.

You can also not bother unloading mods by just COC to your cell when your are in the game launcher at the continue/load/new/save/quit menu.

It will launch you as a level 1 fighter and you can check all your changes just fine.