DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Decorating Ideas: Using items not as intended.

IronBlockGames

(Sorry if this isn't the place for this, didn't really see anywhere else it fit)

Decorating Ideas: Using items not as intended.

So one of the big thing's about Modding Skyrim; rather you're working on a player home, or the next big dungeon; is decorating the place up, filling it with furniture and clutter. But what if you have an idea for something but the game don't have such an item? You could look through resource packs, but what about using what the game gives you to create something by mixing and mashing objects in a way they were not intended?

I thought it be nice to put together some object ideas that Modders could take inspiration from, rather they don't know how/don't want to use outside resources,  just want to make something different, or just get a good idea to fill a dull space.

So how about we all get together and share some of our fun Item combo's and creations?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fun Kitchen Counter + Storage:

http://i.imgur.com/zep3fRq.png

• The table it's self is made up of 2 CommonCounter01 stacked on top of one another, with the bottom one turned backwards to form a solid base as well as pushed up into the top one to control the height of the shelf for the rest of the stuff to scale and fit into.
  • The drawers on the left are made of a EndTable01 scaled down to fit on the end.
  • The door beside it is a RTNarketStallDoor01 scaled to fit, that makes for a nice sliding door.
  • On top of the counter, I have another EndTable01 scaled down to about half size and pushed down so only the top drawer shows.
  • The shelf is a CommonBench01STATIC scaled down to fit the thickness of the End tables top with one end sunk into it.

• Upvote 1

Nice idea for a thread! I used to smash things together all the time, but that was for my Morrowind game, and many years ago, so I don't have any pictures. This is what makes modding so creative, and for me, so frustrating. So I learned Blender to be able to make what I needed, and for a short time as I learned, I was VERY frustrated. :lol:

I hope others come by and show off their DIY combos.

As I don't have the skills currently to edit 3D models, I've done quite a bit of this :D My favorite creation has to be my Halfling Cart though. (Which is kinda like a gypsy cart, so the player can enter an interior cell by using the door.)

w1ebk9.jpg

I used WRIntLoftWallDivider01 for the walls, WHIntWoodLogVerticalThin01 for the roof, and WHIntWoodLogVerticalThin01 for the wooden planks. The wheels are a static version of a WagonWheel, and the wooden pieces sticking out of the front are actually all that's showing of the CartFurnStatic01 which is cleverly hidden behind the other meshes.

The window is an Splanter01 with a retextured BlackPlane01 in the middle to give a yellow glow. The door is the only custom mesh here, and surrounding it (so it fits better) is a retextured version of an ImpTowerRing01. To give the finishing touches I added WRIntLadder01 for stairs, and threw a static shovel and wall shelf on the side.

• Upvote 1

This is how I made the watering place in the basement of my first house mod :D

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JLD-iX-ND7tBO7m_-qxckxCFLCnzsD7qR454jiW1kGM?feat=directlink

SFirePlaceStack01 for the water supply
DweCivWarWallChimney01 for the main structure of the water outlet (is deep black inside!)
DweCivWarWallEndcap01 for the sides
NordicMetalGrateX01 for the grate where to place the buckets

• Upvote 1

Noble Cabinet With Shelving/Storage

Take a NobleShelf02 and place a RifRmSmSecretCabinetDoor01 in front of it but leave the door part sticking out. Make a new instance of the door to change the name when hovered over in game.

Inside a NobleCupboard01 can be scaled to 0.8500 to fit nicely onto one or as many of the shelves as you desire.

Common Bunk Bed
http://i.imgur.com/AWSLN8G.png
This can work with any kind of bed/post/stair. But here is how it is done as shown:

Two CommonBed (left or right depending on what side you'll be getting in)

4 SignRTPost01 for the four posts pushed inside the beds own corner posts, their default size is ideal for the height of the bunks.

RifRmSmSecondFloorStair01 at 0.5200 scale makes up the stairway, rest it against the top bunk at foot or head of bed.

• 5 weeks later...