TheBawb

(WIP) the shire

42 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, TheBawb said:

Yes, that is correct. A long list of requirements is something I've been trying to avoid. The goal is to have the shire require nothing except Skyrim :)

Way to go! :D

More land editing, as usual. Thankfully though, I've only got about seven or eight hours left of the landtexture/grass overhaul, then we can finally move on. :dance:

Through recent tests I've noticed that I'll need to adapt some of the trees to their new land textures. So I'm liable to start working on that next.

106haok.jpg

30ji3o0.jpg

8B7657862BE2B816FF58C78F89DB916ED8CD0234

5659892F131AFB2471315B2F4C0BB8BB2A7BA921

72352C604CB8A91DB176046D7191841D569CB27A

Aside from landscape editing, I also designed the Ranger Base interior. Room bounds, clutter, navmesh, idle markers etc have been added, making this interior only a few bug-tests shy of complete.

10n6mvt.jpg

Kelretu from the Nexus was kind enough to get start designing some Halfling outfits for us as well. Male variant is close to complete, and looking pretty good so far.

3624945-1454701084.jpg

And of course, I've been busy with more dialogue writing, and other various other behind the scenes tasks. VA hunting will be put on hold until I have an adequate amount of lines, and finish up some other projects. Thanks for reading, and have a pleasant week. :wave:

Edited by TheBawb

37 minutes ago, ladyonthemoon said:

There are parts of the Ranger Base interior that are not inside room bounds. ;)

Ahh, good eye. Just finished creating the room bounds, and hadn't looked close enough at it yet. I appreciate your observation, and I'll get right on that. :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, TheBawb said:

Ahh, good eye. Just finished creating the room bounds, and hadn't looked close enough at it yet. I appreciate your observation, and I'll get right on that. :thumbsup:

It's important that you make sure nothing sticks out of the room bounds. :)

I don't see the North marker?

:doh: Well I had to forget something, otherwise I wouldn't be a level designer. :P Outside of cluttering or its initial design, I may have rushed the dungeon a bit, had a lot to do that day. All the same, still appreciate your pointing these things out, it's saving me a fair amount of time. :)

4 minutes ago, TheBawb said:

:doh: Well I had to forget something, otherwise I wouldn't be a level designer. :P Outside of cluttering or its initial design, I may have rushed the dungeon a bit, had a lot to do that day. All the same, still appreciate your pointing these things out, it's saving me a fair amount of time. :)

Glad I can help. A new pair of eyes is always useful! :D

This is an awesome project and I am looking forward to see the next stage. 

8 hours ago, rona said:

This is an awesome project and I am looking forward to see the next stage. 

Thanks.  Always nice to hear this kind of feedback. :D

Apologies for the delayed update, work on the mod itself has been entirely busy, and I fear I have not had enough to time to keep everyone informed on the progress.

I've finished the landscape overhaul, and I've begun adding the final detailing to the borders and regions. (No pics this time, in a bit of a rush) Unfortunately my latest endeavor ended up somewhat like this:

2ui82he.jpg

Yeah, turns out my PC can't handle the power. Display driver crashes followed by the CK. So looks like I'm going to do it by hand. Guess I'm in for another few weeks of excitement.

But aside from landscape reports, I've been doing a ton of work with dialogue and VA coordination. My main writer has fallen on busy times, and I've been picking up the slack in that area. Which has me writing the dialogue for about two quests per day or so. Tiresome, but enjoyable still.

With the VAs, we tackled combat lines this week. And between the nine of them, we've got an informed guesstimate of about 1,200 combat lines that have been acted out/will be finished up within the next few days. A round of applause to my writers and VAs please :clap:So as you can tell, lately I've been mostly focused with the VAs and writers, and less so with the esp.

I know there's more we did that I should cover, but just I can't think of right now. Anyway, I'm sure it will come to me sometime in the dead of night, as that's how these things generally work.

Until next time.

Well, it's been forever since my last update but for future reference; if I'm not updating the thread it's likely because I'm too busy working on the actual content. :P

But that may sound like a feeble excuse, so allow me to elaborate;

Over the last few months we've written and acted out 21 main quests, 60 side quests, and six additional quests (to be acted out shortly), as well as expansive generic and combat lines, all totaling over 4,500 lines of dialogue. Long gone are the days of the small project this once started out as.We've modeled each quest to be player driven, and ultimately change the ending of the story depending on what choices the player makes as he runs through them.

Obviously VA coordination and writing have been my main priority over these past few months, so I've shoved implementation and navmesh off onto the back burner. But with the writing complete, and VA work soon to follow I can once again return these parts.

Another milestone has been passed, and the winter release still looks plausible. But I couldn't have gotten here without the countless hours the VAs and writers spent on this project. I don't mean to brag, but I'd wager I've been given the unique opportunity to work with the most talented VA/writing crew out there. (okay, I lied. The bragging was fully intentional) But in all seriousness, It really has been pleasure working with them.

Don't know when I'll be able to update y'all next, but until then, may the hair on your toes never fall out. :salute:

It's been far too long since my last update but this project is still active!

Just finished editing the overall progress, and filmed a questline Trailer, shown below;

Hope you enjoy!

Greetings,

I created this account for the purpose of asking this message.

Following your progress with interest, and noticing your trailer announcement at the end of last year; have you any update on releasing this? ;) It stated it would be published last month. Hope it is going well, or that you have some progress for a reply. It looks splendid thus far with the landscape and detail.

Regards.

Such a beautiful landscape and suddenly it's all burning and destroyed! I was crying :)

The trailer is amazing. I 've read the books of Tolkien a hundret times and it's so cool to see this come to life. Great work and thanks for sharing.