Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TigerCubofPNW

[SKY]A Question About the Dread "Gray Face"

Hello...

Yes, so, grey face. We all hate it. Of course the solution for creating your own NPC is simple and straightforward. But a problem occurs, at least from what I've seen.

Randomly Generated Characters.

I really loved  Immersive Bandits, for example, but the random NPCs all had the gray face issue and that was so distracting I couldn't deal with it. I've run into it with other mods that use random NPC gen. My question is, as I ponder a mod that will alter random NPCs (and thus run me into this issue), is there a fix for this?

This doesn't happen if you use "lvlxxx" npcs, only if you create new npcs. Did you inform the mods makers about that? Are the facegen files present in the bsa?

This doesn't happen if you use "lvlxxx" npcs, only if you create new npcs. Did you inform the mods makers about that? Are the facegen files present in the bsa?

Really? I assumed, since I've now run into a few times, that it was inherent to the "put random character here" thing. Like, if you go in and edit all the stock bandits, say, even if you did the Export FaceGen stuff, it wouldn't matter because when it's generated in game, it screws everything up. Because, you know, if you even glance at an NPC you have to re-export the face gen data.

I will have to investigate further. As complex and immense as Immersive Bandits is, I would have figured they wouldn't have forgotten the basics.  Or maybe it's just my Skyrim being a bitch.

When was this Immersive bandits mod last updated? The dark face bug hasn't always been there.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I know I downloaded it over the summer and there is apparently a new update. But of course this isn't the proper place to do troubleshooting on that mod (which is actually Organized Bandits, sorry). It's just one of the bigger mods where I encountered it so I used it as an example. The other mods I encountered it in were more slapdash. I was just seeing if there was a trick that needed to be done and there doesn't seem to be. So thank you.