DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Amazing Details!

Khettienna

Bethesda game artists have really nailed down some amazing details in Fallout 4.  Just in the first bit of gameplay, I've been really struck by a few things: the lighting, the animations, and the placement of objects in scenes.  Check out this trash can brazier's lighting effects!  And have you noticed how your dog's ears move independently, and he can leap on opponents to push them to the ground just like a real dog?  No more death-by-ankle-biting!  And have you seen the insides of his ears?!

And check out this NPC, whose placement and posture definitely give off a "lonely watchman" vibe.  There is so much more sensitivity in the design of this game than I've ever seen.  It's inspiring to me both as a designer, and a player.

Have you all found anything similar?

Watchman 1.jpg

Watchman 2.jpg

Dog.jpg

Brazier.jpg

I will be better able to contribute my thoughts once I stop tinkering in Sanctuary! But I will say that I am loving the weather variations in this one. Audrey got caught in a nuclear rainstorm and even though it was terrible for her health, it was just dazzling to behold, what with the shivering silhouettes of dead trees on the pavement and racing clouds overhead, and the blanket of smothering fog that rolled through the town. AWESOME!

I think Fallout 4 is amazingly polished right out of the box. I really didnt expect it to be this good, this early on. There are a few minor bugs, but nothing that cripples gameplay.

Think of where it will be in a couple years with mod support! 

And yes..... the radiation storms are awesome! Its pure hopelessness, wrapped in a freak storm! LOVE IT!

I can't wait to see what people do with quests and AI, myself, in terms of adding new content.  Anything added is going to be just that much more amazing for having such a great foundation to build on.  Can't wait for some amazing stories to unfold!

Edited by Khettienna

Latest "detail" that I love: Inon Zur's soundtrack. It has the same evocative, spacious quality that Mark Morgan's soundtrack had for Fallout 1, but it also has moments of intense melodicism that remind me a bit of Arvo Part.  I'm also pretty keen on the classical music station. Even though it has way too much Romantic era stuff for my tastes, it's a fitting tribute to Boston's history of great classical performances, as the home of Tanglewood, the Pops, etc.:)

Also, the artwork for all of the books and magazines is fantastic!

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/19/2015 at 2:26 AM, IronBlockGames said:

Man this makes me wish Fallout4 would run for me. It gets as far as starting a new game then loads a bit and quits.

Video drivers are up to date, tried in full screen and windowed, lowerd all settings to lowest or off, nada. game wont run. :(

May be because of the high graphics.

• 4 months later...