DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Crash on using one tab in the kit.

Ashenfire

I just re created my mod for the 5th time, not to mention the 'mini' re creations.  This means my mod is 2 years old with nothing to show for it

because of these hideous errors that sneak attack me.

This time, I want to open a dummy book and click on 'leveled items' tab so I can spawn a book I created.

I can't.:pc:

Why is my kit crashing when opening this tab?  This does not happen if I only load the master files.  It happens in my mod.  I did not make any fancy item

that would cause this. I have a faction mismatch, but I don't see how that comes anywhere close to being a problem for this.

I don't know what to do in TESV edit other than create filters and press 'check for errors'.

Sadly, with my bad luck, I somehow lost the 20 phases I saved, just to protect me from this dreadfulness.  If I can't fix, I have to start over.:help:

Frankly, it could be anything. You know that you don't need to remake your mod entirely each time something goes wrong? The CK creates backups of your plugin each time you click on the "save" button. The folder is next to the Data folder in the Skyrim directory. :)

You should  make a verification of the CK in Steam. Right click on Creation Kit in the list, go to "properties" and then the tab "local files"; click on "verify tool cache". If something is missing, Steam will repair it. If you use a third party program to make scripts, save the "ScriptCompile.bat" in "Papyrus Compiler" first.

I make more versions than the backup because I notate with notes, scripts, pictures; what I did at that time. I had like 20 with that one because the DATA/backup one was not enough.  It was the first place I looked when things went wrong.

None of my dilemma would have mattered if I hadn't lost my notes during computer maintenance.  My own fault.  I just 'winged' it and now it bit

me in all the wrong places.

I only compile with the KIT.  I am sure my cache is clean since I re installed steam, but I am going to do what you suggest.  JUST in case.

This girl is confused.  I tried some things, even re installed.  Nothing changed.

I had a feeling it was only because of my mod.

I don't want to just make my book appear, but also other clutter based on levels.  My book is not for beginners.  So I wanted something else

to be placed in my cell until it determined the player leveled up properly.

I believe that if I click on something and it crashes my kit, I should not trust the mod and wonder what else will go wrong.

I guess I have to start over.  I am glad that I at least used clipmate to store all my dialogue.  Saves me at least a week.

Edited by Ashenfire