DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creating an Automatic Variants package

Jac

I asked this over on the AV page on the Nexus, but never got a reply, so I'm hoping I can get some help here.

AlienSlof has given me permission to package her retextures in an AV package, but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. I tried the package wizard, but it doesn't want to work for some reason - it keeps mentioning NPCs for some reason. Anyway, Slof has her textures set up this way:

Dog:

dog.dds

dog_n.dds

dog_s.dds.

I'm assuming with her dog retexture I can just drop everything into a Dog folder and call it a day, right?

Where I'm having issues is with things like her wolves and sabercats. For wolves, its:

wolf.dds

wolfblack.dds

wolfred.dds

wolf_b.dds

wolf_n.dds

wolf_sk.dds

I know the b, n, and sk files should be in the "main" folder for wolves, but where would I put the other three files? I think the wolf.dds file is used by both the wolfblack and wolfred retextures. She also included pelts, so I'd need to know where those go in relation to the other files as well.

Her sabercats are setup similar to the wolves, except she has regular and snow versions, as well as new parts, which I believe include new eyes.

My other problem/question is what to do about her skins that include meshes. Can AV handle new meshes as well as textures? For example, she made a new horse mesh so she could have asymmetrical horses. With the mesh, her textures would look strange. She also decastrated the stallions (they're not erect, but you can tell they're male), so if AV can handle it, I'd like to add both in as an option rather than making the user pick between the two. She did the same thing with the Dawnguard huskies and the regular trolls that I would also like to include as options, but without the meshes, they'll look strange. If I can't assign particular textures to particular meshes with AV, then I'll leave those options out.

Before anybody suggests it, I've already looked at three different packages, but none of them were set up the same way Slof's was aside from the dogs, which is why I'm confused. Thanks for any help.