DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Sky] Using Idle markers & Horse marker?

IronBlockGames

Two questions for this:

One, is there away to make a follower use idle markers you place around? Like if you have a dog they may use the laying idle, or a human follower use like warm hands and so on? I've placed idle markers here and there but there never used. So far the only thing I seen on using idle markers is with basic npc's and linking them.

Last... is there any marker for your house? Like if you are not mounted and you fast travel, is there away to say "your horse goes here" vs it popping in right beside/on top of you and clipping you around? I read you use an XMarkerHeading for it, but I don't see a means to link it to your horse. There is a HorseMarker but I don't think it's used.

Edited by IronBlockGames

Last... is there any marker for your house? Like if you are not mounted and you fast travel, is there away to say "your horse goes here" vs it popping in right beside/on top of you and clipping you around? I read you use an XMarkerHeading for it, but I don't see a means to link it to your horse. There is a HorseMarker but I don't think it's used.

You must put a heading marker where you want your horse to stay and define it as "horse marker" in the location form you created for your place.

1) If you mean when they are not following you, ie: wandering around your house, they will use idle markers with any default sandbox package that allows use of idle markers. If you mean when they are following you, the only NPC that does that is Dawnguard's Serana, and that's made up of a specific quest (DLC1NPCMentalModel) and packages. You can dissect that if you want.

2) DarkRider has a very good tutorial on Creating a Stable that explains horse markers. Scroll down to about the middle of the page.

1) If you mean when they are not following you, ie: wandering around your house, they will use idle markers with any default sandbox package that allows use of idle markers. If you mean when they are following you, the only NPC that does that is Dawnguard's Serana, and that's made up of a specific quest (DLC1NPCMentalModel) and packages. You can dissect that if you want.

2) DarkRider has a very good tutorial on Creating a Stable that explains horse markers. Scroll down to about the middle of the page.

The horse marker one didn't seem to help.. that's designed if you're adding a new horse into the game to already be there. But your existing horse to say port into the stables when you fast travel? Or maybe even head there when you dismount near by? While the tutorial is great... I can't link a horse to the marker sense I'm not using a custom horse.

Also that kinda meh.. I was hoping followers would use markers if you just stood around. Guess I can still add some for people who use the mods that can make any place a home.

You must put a heading marker where you want your horse to stay and define it as "horse marker" in the location form you created for your place.

See that is what I keep finding, but nothing says HOW to. As I said before, I see no way to link it to your horse. All I read on sites about it is you nuse XMarkerHeading. But nothing has gone into saying how you link it to your horse. I see nothing for it under any tab that even mentions a horse.

Edited by IronBlockGames

See that is what I keep finding, but nothing says HOW to. As I said before, I see no way to link it to your horse. All I read on sites about it is you nuse XMarkerHeading. But nothing has gone into saying how you link it to your horse. I see nothing for it under any tab that even mentions a horse.

It's because you don't need to link the horse marker to the horse. It's automatic, once you have added the horse marker to the location the horse the player is currently riding will be linked to it, provided that the player owns the horse.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

The horse marker one didn't seem to help.. that's designed if you're adding a new horse into the game to already be there. But your existing horse to say port into the stables when you fast travel? Or maybe even head there when you dismount near by? While the tutorial is great... I can't link a horse to the marker sense I'm not using a custom horse.

Er, what I'm understanding then is you want to modify horse behaviour? It's a game mechanic that the horse follows you everywhere.

What you want is something like Convenient Horses does (I think), giving horse commands to stay put somewhere, or travel somewhere, or idle somewhere. I'd think that would require digging into the playerhorsescript and/or creating a new framework for horses. That's going to change things for all horses, not just one.

It's because you don't need to link the horse marker to the horse. It's automatic, once you have added the horse marker to the location the horse the player is currently riding will be linked to it, provided that the player owns the horse.

See once again, How do I make XMarkerHeading into a horse maker?! Just placing the marker alone does zip, zero, nada. I can't find a means to tell it to link to the horse!

Er, what I'm understanding then is you want to modify horse behaviour? It's a game mechanic that the horse follows you everywhere.

What you want is something like Convenient Horses does (I think), giving horse commands to stay put somewhere, or travel somewhere, or idle somewhere. I'd think that would require digging into the playerhorsescript and/or creating a new framework for horses. That's going to change things for all horses, not just one.

I just want it so when you fast travel with your horse it don't appear right on top of you or beside you. I've been pushed into the ground or had the horse clip through a wall from being to close in some locations. I've seen it before where you travel to one spot and your horse spawns in its own little area (if you're not mounted).. even if it ends up running back to you at least it's not smushing you into the ground.

See once again, How do I make XMarkerHeading into a horse maker?! Just placing the marker alone does zip, zero, nada. I can't find a means to tell it to link to the horse!

Did you create a location for your place? The horse marker is defined in the location form. It's all explained in the lesson 4. There is even an image of the location form. Just under "World Location Marker Ref" you have "Horse Marker Ref" and the button "Select Horse Marker".

Put the horse marker wherever you want it to be, then open the location form, click on the button "Select Horse Marker", then on the button "Select Reference in Render Window". Select your horse marker and save. That's it; that's all you need to do so that your horse, the last owned horse the player used, travels to the marker when you use fast travel.

CK70.jpg

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Also that kinda meh.. I was hoping followers would use markers if you just stood around. Guess I can still add some for people who use the mods that can make any place a home.

I don't believe the default follower packages allow the use of idle markers. Follower overhaul mods, like AFT, use modified packages which allow the use of said markers. The best way to test yours is to plop an NPC which uses idle markers into your cell and see what they do.

Followers cannot use idle markers and furniture, unless they are made like Serana, as Hanaisse already explained.

They can with AFT, which is why IBG's issues are perplexing. AFT adds the idle ability to followers, much like what Serana has, but you can toggle that if you want.

It sucks that they can't by defaulkt. Really who thought that be a good idea to have them just stand around in place all day?

Aye. I guess Beth thought having your followers wander around while following you would be annoying. They changed their mind with Serana though. 

Anyho.. I have like two more questions to ask (unrelated) I don't reasly want to flood this place with my topics x.x

Pfft. If you don't ask, we can't answer. :P