DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello TES Alliance

DrengrHundr

My name is DrengrHundr,

I just signed up today, and wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the alliance, but a long time gamer. New to modding, but not the idea of it. I hope to become a vital and productive member of the society here, be able to one day teach as much as I hope to learn.

Well Ladyonthemoon that is the $60,000 question, as I have grand idea's without grand capabilities; :confused:  I intend on utilizing the school that y'all have here along with some information that I had found from DarkRider quite a while back on CS basics. There are already so many good mods out there that it is going to be hard to compete, especially just getting started learning to mod, but also in my opinion, and I don't mean to sound blasphemous here, but there are some extremely ridiculous crap out there too if we are gonna be honest with ourselves.

I want to make something that is gonna actually enhance the game, and game play. Not something that seems like you are running around in God Mode all the time, otherwise what is the point right? I will admit, that I find myself having to do this occasionally when I am in a dungeon after I have cleared it and now have 1786lbs worth of loot to tote back to town with only a 325lbs carrying capacity, but the fight is always done regularly, often times at the expense of a few save games because I got my dumb ass killed!

Maybe a comic sidekick you know, the whiny yet reliable and very proficient follower. Follower: " I dunno boss, don't think we should be this deep underground. If we were meant to be in the dark this long The Nine would have given us night eyes. "  Player: " Just shut up, stop your complaining and take the lead in that tunnel over there. I pay you to fight, not make noise like a 5 year old girl. Now go. " :anyone:

• Upvote 1

Hello and welcome DrengrHundr. :cookie4u:   I liked Duke Patricks mods for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Very deep and challenging, but with the capabilities to achieve the means to deal with the increased difficulties. Emmas mods are also very nice.

What ES game/s will you want to mod for?

Probably Oblivion to start. This rig that I am running wont handle Skyrim. my gaming rig that I was running was a desktop, and in the middle of a fairly viscous battle, smoke began to boil from the back of my machine. :pc:  Apparently the fan on the processor on my video card seized up, and the thing burned up; with a quickness!!! Took a few other minor parts with it, nothing that can't be fixed, I just have not gotten around to doing it yet; so I broke out the laptop, played Morrowind for awhile, got bored with that then got into Oblivion.

• Upvote 1

... also in my opinion, and I don't mean to sound blasphemous here, but there are some extremely ridiculous crap out there too if we are gonna be honest with ourselves.

The course here is very comprehensive; pity you can't mod Skyrim for now.

I hope you don't count my mods among the "ridiculous crap" you mention. :P When you say "out there" you mean here or everywhere or both?

Have not gone through anything here and taken a look. Nexus mods has some pretty insane stuff out out there though; has left me scratching my head during a "WTF" moment a time or two. :huh: Or better yet, you fine one that looks decent, download it, and it wont work because there are files missing; that is when you wanna find the author and say "hey, dude......:2guns:"

• Upvote 1