DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Using CK with Mod Organizer

TigerCubofPNW

So, I made the big leap to Mod Organizer and mostly it just rocks. However, it's made using CK a little... weird.

Issue #1 - I have a script that I can't alter the properties on. I am able to edit the script's source, and I can edit the properties on other scripts I wrote, but when I try to edit the properties of this one script it says it's unable to load the source. I looked around and that is supposed to mean it can't find the PSC file. I looked and sure enough, it's right where it's supposed to be. Right next to the PSCs for the scripts it's not having an issue with.

I saved, re-opened, nothing. I saved the mod, re-opened, still nothing. I never encountered this before so I am assuming it has something to do with how MO handles things. Hoping someone has some ideas.

Issue #2 -- what are you supposed to do with the files created in the MO overwrite folder? I've confirmed that they are not the updated versions of the mod's resources, merely copies. Not sure why Mod Organizer even does that. The one thing in there that is needed is the ESP file, which for reasons passing understanding is DELETED from the mod's main folder--and an explanation for that I'd love to hear.

Happy new year!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2016 at 7:07 AM, somnomania said:

I use MO and the CK, but I don't launch the CK from within MO, maybe that's your problem? I've never had a single issue like you're talking about, at least not for reasons that could clearly be blamed on using MO.

Welp, looking at this page clearly at least the issue with MO removing the esp from the mod folder is a thing.

I have no idea how you can run CK outside Mod Organizer. When I do that, it has no idea that I have any mods outside the Steam plugins I use. There is nothing I can see to manually direct it at the mod folder.

And now (the reason I am revisiting this issue) it won't let me add meshes and textures. I put them in the Meshes/MyMod folder in the mod's folder in MO, CK sees they are there, but when I say to use one, CK has a stroke and crashes.

Does anyone have any magic they can help me cast here?

Copy your mod's assets to your main Data folder, run the CK, then move everything back to where MO expects your mod to be. I have to do this whenever I modify or add scripts to Morte and it seems to work okay. I did a shortcut by renaming the scripts to Morte scripts and making a new folder called scripts with just the vanilla scripts in it. When I want to mess with Morte, I rename both folders, do my ck work, then change 'em back. It seems to work okay  so far.

2 hours ago, Jac said:

Copy your mod's assets to your main Data folder, run the CK, then move everything back to where MO expects your mod to be. I have to do this whenever I modify or add scripts to Morte and it seems to work okay. I did a shortcut by renaming the scripts to Morte scripts and making a new folder called scripts with just the vanilla scripts in it. When I want to mess with Morte, I rename both folders, do my ck work, then change 'em back. It seems to work okay  so far.

Are you saying to run CK through MO or to run it outside MO?

On 1/27/2016 at 5:39 AM, TigerCubofPNW said:

Welp, looking at this page clearly at least the issue with MO removing the esp from the mod folder is a thing.

I have no idea how you can run CK outside Mod Organizer. When I do that, it has no idea that I have any mods outside the Steam plugins I use. There is nothing I can see to manually direct it at the mod folder.

And now (the reason I am revisiting this issue) it won't let me add meshes and textures. I put them in the Meshes/MyMod folder in the mod's folder in MO, CK sees they are there, but when I say to use one, CK has a stroke and crashes.

Does anyone have any magic they can help me cast here?

I launch it through Steam, and if for some reason I need to look at some other mod's .esp in the CK, I just make a copy of it in Skyrim's Data folder. As for my own resources, they're in the Data folder as well, and to use my own builds in the game via MO I just tick the box next to the unmanaged mod file in the list. It sees all .esp and .esm files in the Data folder as unmanaged, including the DLC for the game.