DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Obl] Anyone know anything about Enchantment Mastery Mod

DrengrHundr

Does anyone happen to know anything about the Enchantment Mastery mod located on Nexus Mods Oblivion?

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/24915/?

I installed it with NMM, but am unable to get it to function correctly. According to the post:

• When accessing the enchanting menu, please wait until the "EM: Ready To Enchant!" message before selecting an item or Soul Stone! If you try to do so before the message, you won't see any of your enchanted items in there.

Also, according to the readme file:

Maximum Enchantments                             =
;= This is the maximum number of enchantments you'll be able to enchant an item =
;= with, at a particular skill level. If Dangerous Magic is enabled, then, this =
;= is the maximum number of enchantments you can safely enchant on an item      =
;= without risking anything.                                                    =
;================================================================================
    Set EMME1 to 1        ; (1)   Maximum enchantments availiable at novice level.
    Set EMME2 to 2        ; (2)   Maximum enchantments availiable at apprentice level.
    Set EMME3 to 3        ; (3)   Maximum enchantments availiable at journeyman level.
    Set EMME4 to 5        ; (5)   Maximum enchantments availiable at expert level.
    Set EMME5 to 7        ; (7)   Maximum enchantments availiable at master level.

What I am wondering is, why I have not seen the  "EM: Ready to enchant" message; as well as what does the levels refer to? Is this mastery in specific schools of magic or what? Any advice is much appreciated, I would love to get this working properly, and not have to either remove it, or replace it with something similar.

Digging through my folders, I did find OBSE. Now as to whether it is working or not, I cannot say, because I am unfamiliar with what all it is supposed to do. I know it is a script extender which is useful in modding, but am unaware of the uses in actual gameplay. I will also definitely check into the Advanced Magecraft  that you suggested.

OBSE is just a utility to extend the scripting capabilities of the engine. The normal scripting language is extremely limited, for example it does not even have arrays, event handlers, user-created functions or any other more advanced thignies, so OBSE exists to offer those more advanced thingies to mod makers. Mod makers can use the new features offered by OBSE to make their mods more efficient, more straightforward to create, more complex, or all of them at once, for example. Users need to also run OBSE for the new features to actually be there for the mods to use. Just like SKSE for Skyrim.

If you have a Steam version of Oblivion, you do not need to run obse_loader.exe, in fact, if you run it, it will throw an error about you having a Steam version. Just make sure you have all the things in the game folder (like the obse steam loader dll file) and launch the game via Steam, OBSE should then be loaded automatically. So obse_loader.exe is not the way to launch a Steam version of the game. When you are in the game, you can try to see if typing "GetOBSEVersion" in the console gives you anything, I have not tried it myself, but if it does work, that might be an easy way to check if OBSE really is loaded.

And I have no idea about the mod you asked about, sorry.

Unfortunately, no. My version of Oblivion is game of the year edition, complete with all major DLC's. My cousin actually had it and stopped playing. It can be either installed in Russian or English. I have it on my Steam account as a non-Steam game though. 

Another question, which is better to use, OBMM or NMM? I have some mods that do not quite come together right, and from what I was reading on the Steam forums, OBMM has some features that could be more beneficial than NMM? Pro's & Con's anyone?

Depending on which mods in question here, a load order sorter might be just the ticket. BOSS, or LOOT.

NMM is still in development, has most of the features of OBMM... but, I don't think it supports the omod format for mod installation... but, don't quote me on that...

OBMM has the omod installers, but, I am not aware that any further development is happening there. I think most folks are switching over to NMM compatible, or, BAIN (Wrye Bash) installers. Of course, there are still a fair few mods out there that are still in OMOD format...... Don't know if they will get updated to something more recent or not though.

That said, I frequently have multiple tools installed for one game.... and I just use the one that works best for what I need to do at the time.

That Wrye Bash, I read somewhere that it was part of OBMM, cant remember where though. Understood that NMM is still a beta program, although I does seem to do the job very well. Have not really had to many issues with it, just here recently a couple of my mods were not functioning as advertised. The enchantment mastery, and Battlehorn Castle Upgrade, in particular. May just uninstall them and see about putting them in manually; don't really like doing it that way, as I am afraid that I am going to put the wrong pieces in the wrong spot ya know.

Wrye Bash is it's own standalone program, that has been around Since Morrowind. :) It is also useful for creating the 'bashed patch', which is required for mods to work correctly... (this relates to "The Rule Of One"..... lots of info on this out there on the web. :) )