DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Any Way to Add a Perk to a Race?

sp0ckrates

Hi. So I hope someone knows how to add a perk to a race.  I'd be willing to share any scripts or meshes or textures with the one who helps me out. I have more than 50 mods on the Steam Skyrim workshop. 

My question: Is there any way to add a perk to all NPCs of a certain race? If it can't be done with normal Papyrus script or the Creation Kit alone, can it be accomplished with a script extender? 

Why I want to add a perk to a race: I have a collection of mods calked Amazing Race Tweaks, which adds new powers to each race. I'm releasing a new edition of each of the mods, which gives the same powers to NPCs, but I want to make changes to the race only.

What the issue is: I'm trying to add an ability spell to the Nord race that applies a perk, which in turn applies a spell that fires when the Nord NPC strikes another actor. the spell applies the perk to the player, but fails to apply the perk to the NPCs. I confirmed this by adding the perk to a Nord NPC character and observing that the spell fires when the character strikes another actor. I then removed the perk from the NPC and the spell did not fire. Since it does not work for the NPC if the perk is not added to the character, I'm thinking the spell (which is added to the Nord race) is not applying the perk to the NPCs, as it does for the player.

Again, I'd be willing to give one of my scripts, models or textures to someone who helps me out. Thanks in advance. 

Thanks for the reply, RabidGears. Yes, sorry for being clear as mud! To test, I did add a perk to an actor in the game, which did fire the contact spell when the NPC having the perk hit another NPC, causing the NPC to drop his weapon and fall to the ground, as I wanted. But I don't want to do this to every actor. It would take too much time and cause conflicts with mods that change NPCs.

But when I try to add a constant effect spell to the Nord race, with a magic effect that applies a perk, which in turn fires a contact spell on hit, the game does add the perk to the player character, but doesn't add the perk to any other character having the Nord race.

From what I've read after starting this discussion, dynamically adding a perk to any character  but the player always fails. So now I'm looking for an alternative way to get NPCs to use a spell that fires on hit, since I can't use a spell or script to add a perk that accomplishes this.

Edited by sp0ckrates