DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[ Obl ] Help finding an object

DrengrHundr

I am working on trying to get the homework and extra credit for lesson 1 in Oblivion school. I can not find where the dang bedside table is located. Someone told me that there is supposed to be a search feature for the object window, and I will danged if I can find that either. I see the one for the cell view window, but this does me no good at all. I have tried the net to find a way, and apparently noone in cyberland knows either. I refuse to turn this assignment in incomplete, please help!

Ok, thank you. will give it a try. is just frustrating that I cant find some of the things that I want to; if there were actually a search on the object window somewhere, now that would be very helpfull. As I said, I absolutely refuse to turn in an assignment incomplete, or half-assed. :pc:

1 minute ago, DrengrHundr said:

Ok, thank you. will give it a try. is just frustrating that I cant find some of the things that I want to; if there were actually a search on the object window somewhere, now that would be very helpfull. As I said, I absolutely refuse to turn in an assignment incomplete, or half-assed. :pc:

If you know the id of the object you are looking for, for example "commonbedtableblabla", you can find it in the list directly:

1. go to the "container" category in the list on the left (like in the CK),
  2. move the mouse pointer into the list and type the first letters on the keyboard "commonbed..." without the quotes; the first word that correspond to what you typed will be highlighted, making the search easier.

That way, you will avoid to search other cells. ;)

Yeah, figured that part out. Problem is though, am not sure of the right terminology for various things yet. If I need middle class items, then I type MC, or Middle; it shows some things, but am often unsure of which category to search in at times. Confusing, but I will get a handle on this. LOL  :D