DrengrHundr

[ Obl ] Help finding an object

30 posts in this topic

The table is too big, it's in the way of the person that will use it, you should scale it down a bit. And it's not a bed table, it's a table that can be used as a bed table. You need to get used to this very fast, nothing is to be taken literally in level design. ;)

Ok, appreciate it. size it so it does not interfere with the person shown in the getting into bed position.

Aren't bedside tables usually containers in Oblivion?

In any case, you should do yourself a favor and download the CSE. It adds search features to the object window (and to a bunch of other sections), the ability to create prefab libraries (very, very useful), performance and stability improvements, a vastly superior scripting interface and even achievements (which I've found hilarious!). For me, it made all the difference and that's why I recommend you try it and see what's like. If anything, it'll save you hours of searching and will transform the object window into a useful tool rather than an obstacle you have go through to get what you want.

If for some reason you'd rather not use the CSE, you can access the "Find Text" function within Edit menu of the normal CS (Edit -> Find Text). It works similarly to the one found in CSE, but it's slower and looks for strings in the active window so make sure you've the object window selected before using Find Text (if Render Window is active you'll have to close and re-open with the appropriate window selected). It's important to note that in the normal CS, it might help you find the item you want, but it won't allow you to drag and drop it from the Find Text list to the Render Window.

Note: the CS's height map editor doesn't seem to work correctly outside the XP compatibility mode which will cause the CSE's improved scripting interface to crash. I'm new to the Construction Set, so I don't really know if that feature ever worked reliably. I had plans for creating some test game worlds with it but after unpredictable results I decided not to pursue them. It might get fixed in subsequent versions of the CSE though, since it's regularly updated.

2 hours ago, ASnakeNeverDies said:

Aren't bedside tables usually containers in Oblivion?

They can be whatever you want actually, like in real life. Offering ready made furniture bridles the imagination. ;)