DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Custom Armor issue Again!!

TigerCubofPNW

8 minutes ago, TigerCubofPNW said:

Hana, hope you see this. You're my only hope.

My custom armor is fine in CK. It's fine in game on an NPC. If the player puts it on, it's invisible! I don't know how that's even possible. I confirmed the armor is checked "playable."

It's probably a problem with the ArmonAddon. Or the race, if you are using a custom race for your player.

4 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

It's probably a problem with the ArmonAddon. Or the race, if you are using a custom race for your player.

I am using a custom race for my player. But I am using a custom race for the NPCs too. Basically, all the variables are the same for the NPC and the Player, but it works on the NPCs and not on the Player. Which is basically insane.

I have now tested this with armors I didn't make but I did create the esp that brings them into the game. All of them are invisible on the player, visible on NPCs. So something I am doing in the AA or Armor set up is messed up but the only thing I can figure is the "playable" box, but that's checked.

I copy a similar piece of armor in the CK, change the file paths, make sure the appropriate body parts are selected in AA, tell it to allow the custom race to use them and nothing. So someone hopefully has an idea. If it were invisible for the player and the NPC, I would be less confused, but this makes no sense to me.

3 hours ago, Hanaisse said:

Is your mod available for download anywhere? Or can you PM it to me? I can look it over for you and see if I can figure out what's going on if I have a closer look.

It's not just a "click this button stupid" sort of thing? :(:(:(

That's really disappointing. I was hoping this sort of thing happened to noobs like me all the time and you could just point me to my mistake. Sigh... I begin to tire of the endless "It should work but doesn't" Creation Kit Skyrim stuff.

I appreciate the offer, Hana, but the mod has a bunch of dependencies and specialized tweaks and it's just not feasible to pack it up. So I'll just... I dunno. Go burn things? Or maybe nap.

I wish I could tell you there's a magical answer, but there isn't really. Especially if you say it's fine on NPC's just not the player. Are these NPC's the same custom race as your char? I assume some mod added custom NPC's?

The only reason I've come across invisible armor is incorrect skin partitions, either in the meshes, or the CK, or both not being equal. But that would affect the NPC's too (if they are the same custom race). The other remote possibility I can think of is your char is wearing something else that is blocking the slots the armor uses?