DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Create your own lore!

fredlaus

Create your own lore!

I had to read Snorre again (only excerpts) to find some reasons to -whys, -wheres and -whens around our saga - the story of mankind:-)
The most interesting aspect is the similarity between cultures.
-We have developed in different directions.
We seem to have a common affection to a tree - different species but a tree.  
We believed in the same inhabitants, caretakers, in or around the tree, only symbolized with different creatures.
If one living creature didn't suffice a new one was created to match the beliefs.

I urge you to do the same - or our phantasy stops here - stuck in someone's lore.
This is not a hate message to offend anyone's lore but to clarify the richness around a new lore, a new consciousness, a new tribe, a new world, a new car....

Are you sure you understand my post?

I perfectly well understand your answer but many of the posts here refer to lore in different ways?

I also accept I am a little off focus here on TESA - so I guess I will rettreat for a while and evt come back later :-)

5 minutes ago, fredlaus said:

Are you sure you understand my post?

I perfectly well understand your answer but many of the posts here refer to lore in different ways?

I also accept I am a little off focus here on TESA - so I guess I will rettreat for a while and evt come back later :-)

You don't need to retreat. People use wrong words as it comes to "lore". Lore is official stuff; fan fiction or fan creation, if you prefer, is lore seen by fans. It's important for the newcomers that we clearly establish the difference or they will believe that any fan fiction they read here and there is actual lore. ;)

• Upvote 2

Definition of lore

1 archaic :  something that is taught :  lesson

2 :  something that is learned: a :  knowledge gained through study or experience b :  traditional knowledge or belief

3 :  a particular body of knowledge or tradition

ref: merriam-webster.com

Who are you protecting from what?

• Upvote 1

I will delve into that at some point :-) Thank you very much, don. I am a bit confused and will take a break to have an open mind for afterwards or before that. Just playing with words.

See you later!

I started to read the fiction about the escape from Riften and I can't find back to it?

I got as long as they saw the daylight :-)

Edited by fredlaus
I forgot :-)
  • Upvote 1

Actually anybody can create lore. When Bethesda creates lore it becomes official, or canon

This is what most people say...but what happens when one of the creators of lore/canon for early ES games leaves the company but still creates ES lore? 

You get C0DA from Michael Kirkbride. Is it fan fiction? Lore? Canon? Whatever it is, it's really cool. :)

• Upvote 2

I am not sure I can follow you here. There are so many 'misleading facts' that binds my understanding of 'lore' to something I haven't even read about atm.

My message to anyone is this; don't bind your creativity to other's understanding of 'lore'. If you are able create your own lore.

I feel you guys and gals are putting me in a box which I can't comprehend?

Maybe that's why I feel isolated within TESA. I push and push my work to show my face and will at least. I don't care for nr. of downloads, I guess I 'joined' TESA the second time to get some community feeling. I am sure many of you have that feeling, but it is not around my obsessions. Pity.

I absolutely have no idea around owner,s rigths, copyrights, law, whatever attached to the subject. I understand Bethesda is a big factor in this - too big even. They can never manipulate me - and I hope you too stick to your own, free ideas. I have already read some proofs of that :-)

Is there an easier way to copy my files here on TESA than copying one by one from my site? I need the stuff because I have spent a lot of time rewriting everything - because it hasn't been updated in some time.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply. It really means a lot to me!

• Upvote 2

:pints:

The only way to copy files to this site is to. . . copy them. :lmao: Unless I'm forgetting another way.

Meanwhile I urge you to check out Kirkbride's C0DA website. LINK  From the sound of your first post - freedom to create new lore - I think you might like it.

• Upvote 1

I had other things to do so I just finished the main story. Wow. MK (Michael Kirkbride) is definitely out there. It's why I really like trying to understand his writing. I don't understand it, really. :D  But that's why I love reading him.

MK's Lore: Something Men did destroyed Nirn, but Vivec and the other top gods saved the Mer (and others) and swept them all to Masser. They live underground there, up on the moon. Can't really go into detail about the story because of spoilers... :lmao: but it's perfectly weird and awesome. I guess the artist who was going to do the graphics part of the graphic novel C0DA was supposed to be pulled out or something. That's a shame because it would have made for a wild comic. 

Game plans...me? hehehe :no: I want MK to make a standard video game about his new setting, but he won't do it, I'm sure. Hope he does more than write, but Bethesda/Zenimax would probably be angry.

I want to try to find a sequence to read the rest of the issues.

Lady N, if you come around, I'd love to hear if there is a chronology to them.

4 minutes ago, fredlaus said:

How do you catch the ethereal in a game - without getting blubby I mean?

Yep, that's the problem. I think it's what's shown but isn't explained that preserves the ethereal. Hard to do in a game where you want a financial return...

2 minutes ago, fredlaus said:

The comics can easily become obvious. This started something in me - but I love flying high :-) Mentally that is not by drugs .-)

That's MK's effect on me too! :dance: Makes me want to start writing wild things. 

suddenly I get a lot of allies here :-) The ethereal is not an impossible idea to visualize, but I guess larger companies get easily scared by the the unseen in such large portions.

Imagine the nord saga, an endless line of ethereal events, but hey are neatly clad in Snorre's Saga (as an example). Very digestible! I love the saga as you maybe understand, but that is my version that stilll resides in my head - for me only :-)

• Upvote 1

This is nice (excerpt form TESLore): Michael’s C0DA is also very self-aware (though yours doesn’t have to be). The superhero scene isn’t there for some in-universe purpose, it isn’t there because in the future Tamriel has TV, or because it’s a drug trance of Jubal’s or anything like that. It is there to use the medium (a classic superhero comic/Marvel movie) to set a tone and paint a picture. Rather than explaining in a thousand words how the Dunmer feel about Almsivi and their relation to them, it says, “Ever watched Avengers? Yeah, like that.”

• Upvote 1

We all do. we lost a lot of our natural and naivistic understanding of phantasy after we were "baptised". No offence to religion, but some new conciderations are needed!

Embrace phantasy with mathematics or chemistry whatever. :-) Thank you very much anyone. It has been a pleasure!

I thank you all for making yesterday a memorable experience for me. I am full of ideas and thoughts to day and I need some time to get focused enough to continue my "CRUSADE" :-)

Thanks to Captain grond for taking care and showing interest!

-And so many allies in a short period of one's life! He, he!