DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Ok so I know this is possible because I've done it before, but it doesn't seem to work now. 

So my friend and I are working on a mod, he is the owner am a contributor.  I've done some edits to his work-he does the exterior and I do the interior.  When he updates his mod, it just updates the uploaded mod (that is hidden of course).  Yet when I upload my changes to the mod, it always uploads as a new mod rather than updating the one that I am a contributor to.

How we used to do it was that we would just choose the same file and add our changes when we did something, and upload the archive to steam.  It would say 'getting details on published files'  and the title would appear and then it would update.

Now it still says 'getting details on published files' but no title comes up after that and it uploads as a new mod.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to know this as well. I'm a contributor for a fairly large mod, but the owner bailed and people keep asking me when I'm going to update it. He hasn't been online in a year or so, and lots of people are disappointed that it's now basically a dead mod. It would be great if we could get some help on this.

5 hours ago, HeyYou said:

If you are trying to upload to Steam, probably the Steam forums would be a better place to ask......

There are less intelligent people there than I'd like. I spend more time explaining trivial things to them than I get answers to complex issues. I've found more help here in ways to get around the CK and Steam than I ever did on Steam itself. I'm not docking the suggestion, but I'm not very hopeful of the outcome.

7 hours ago, VanScythe said:

There are less intelligent people there than I'd like. I spend more time explaining trivial things to them than I get answers to complex issues. I've found more help here in ways to get around the CK and Steam than I ever did on Steam itself. I'm not docking the suggestion, but I'm not very hopeful of the outcome.

I don't hang out there, and haven't uploaded anything there either, so, I have no clue what the community is like. Judging from what you have to say, I am thinkin' I haven't been missing anything. :D