DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Calling a reference

jamochawoke

Hey there. I'm asking for someone else since I'm way more familiar with TESScript than Papyrus. But I was wondering how I would do this in Skyrim?

In Oblivion if I wanted to activate two references on a script stage I would first setup the references as persistent by giving them names in the editor worldspace and then selecting the persistent reference checkbox in its properties. Then I would write a script fragment in the relevant quest stage to enable those objects.

I know in Oblivion you just write 

enable x

enable y

in the script fragment section of the quest stage. I told him that he should be able to do something similar in Skyrim. So he said he setup the objects, gave them editor names, then wrote this fragment in his quest stage:  

x.enable

y.enable

He said he then got a papyrus compiler error. Turns out you have to call a variable and set that variable to the reference, but I don't know how to do this. Any help? Trying to do this as simply as possible, ie: walk in cave, hit the primitive marker he set up which triggers the quest stage update, objects get enabled on the quest stage.

Edited by jamochawoke

So he said he setup the objects, gave them editor names, then wrote this fragment in his quest stage:  

It's (almost) correct as long as he defines his references as properties. He should explain himself what he wants to do and post his script here so that we can help more efficiently.

The right syntax is:

x.enable()
y.enable()

Edited by ladyonthemoon