DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello there.

MikeTheRaider

Hi there, I'm Mike the Raider, (also known as PoliteRaider). 

I've recently started modding for Fallout 4 but I absolutely love the Elder Scrolls series as well. I'd often considered modding Skyrim, but kept procrastinating and making excuses. Fallout 4 being released was a great way to motivate myself by starting with the game when it was released to keep myself moving. There's a lot of challenges modding it because it's such a new game and not everything is out yet, but that's also a lot of fun too. I'm still learning how to create mods although I've created a couple so far. 

I've been seeing people mentioning TES Alliance on some other sites and it looks like a good place to learn a more about modding, so I thought I would sign up and learn a bit more about this community.

It's great to meet you all.

• Upvote 2

Thankyou everyone.

There are definitely still a lot of unknowns and I'm looking forward to the official tools becoming available (later this month was Bethesda's estimate). However as a beginner there's been so much to learn that even without the creation kit I've found it good to get started on learning as much as possible now.

Naturally there are risks (and there always will be at least some risk with modding), but I try to be as careful as possible while still accepting those risks and acknowledging that I'll almost certainly have to start afresh soon. If the risks I take now teach me how to make more stable mods for others in the future, I think it's worthwhile. Just as long as I don't let myself pick up any bad habits now or set my unconfirmed assumptions in stone.