DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Misc Merchant and Apothecary merchant trouble (all of tamriel with my new mod)

ThoraSoldier

Hello Everyone!

I have a rather unique problem in a large mod I am about to release. (Pushed back now..sigh) I have created two merchants in a custom cell. I can't get them to sell me anything. they have no inventory, I have no inventory, they have like 14$ and my coc character has 147$. I recently got them to work by putting them to the exterior cell and having all their daily activities  point to interior cell. Don't ask my why this worked but it did. (If i place the merchants in the custom cell they dont have inventory and neither do i)

I tested fully in game and found out arcadia, belethor and Lucan have the same problem as my mod merchants had. I checked everyone and nothing has changed except that i added my two merchants to the jobmerchantfaction and their merchant factions respectively (blacksmith and misc plus their custom vendor factions) I've got no idea whats going on and I have a old version of my mod that has alot of the new updates missing which makes me sad so I don't want to have to go back to that one and redo alot of my hard work. Does anyone have any idea what I should do? Is there a way to fix this or has anyone had this happen before? I followed the merchant creation tutorial to a T so I don't know whats happening. 

Maybe I screwed this one up badly somehow? My older version works but it was made a month ago. a month straight day and night of work would have to be redone. Id rather not have to. Any guidance is appreciated :)

ScreenShot0.bmp

ScreenShot1.bmp

7 hours ago, ThoraSoldier said:

I tested fully in game and found out arcadia, belethor and Lucan have the same problem as my mod merchants had. ..

Your problem is not related to your mod then (unless it modifies them; if not don't change anything in your mod and check everything else). And, never test you mods with other mods installed in your game, always in a completely vanilla game, with only the three dlcs, if you have them, and the high resolution packs.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Welcome to TES Alliance :wave:

Can't see your screenshots, getting an error (pretty sure bmp is not an acceptable format on this forum), so not sure what you're trying to show.

So, a few things;

- Never coc into a cell you're trying to test. Using coc doesn't allow scripts and events to start correctly. Have a clean new character (meaning a character that has never been subjected to your mod before) enter the cell properly.

- Where did you put the merchant chests? Is it in this same cell? Are these new custom chests for each merchant? If you copied any part of the vanilla game you could have contamination, such as the affecting of the vanilla NPC's.

- Do your merchants have the proper AI packages to offer services? No idea what tutorial you followed but have you looked up others that may have different advise?

- Did you create a new unique services faction for each merchant to set up their vendor details? (for example, Belathor has ServicesWhiterunBelathorsGoods). I stress unique because this is where you point to the merchants chest.

Just a few things off the top of my head to get you started on troubleshooting. Good luck.

7 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

Your problem is not related to your mod then (unless it modifies them; if not don't change anything in your mod and check everything else). And, never test you mods with other mods installed in your game, always in a completely vanilla game, with only the three dlcs, if you have them, and the high resolution packs.

I've tested recently with no other mod and if my esp was checked then it didn't work. I did some digging in Tes5edit and found some buggy material in my esp and I deleted references that I didn't touch in game (thats where I found files regarding arcadia, belethor and such) because apparently its logged in the esp files any alterations I did during my troubleshooting and apparently I did some changed to them as vendors but it doesnt show up in creation kit. I returned them to vanilla settings based on the skyrim.esm  and everything seems to be fine now.

6 minutes ago, ThoraSoldier said:

I've tested recently with no other mod and if my esp was checked then it didn't work. I did some digging in Tes5edit and found some buggy material in my esp and I deleted references that I didn't touch in game (thats where I found files regarding arcadia, belethor and such) because apparently its logged in the esp files any alterations I did during my troubleshooting and apparently I did some changed to them as vendors but it doesnt show up in creation kit. I returned them to vanilla settings based on the skyrim.esm  and everything seems to be fine now.

Good! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Hanaisse said:

Welcome to TES Alliance :wave:

Can't see your screenshots, getting an error (pretty sure bmp is not an acceptable format on this forum), so not sure what you're trying to show.

So, a few things;

- Never coc into a cell you're trying to test. Using coc doesn't allow scripts and events to start correctly. Have a clean new character (meaning a character that has never been subjected to your mod before) enter the cell properly.

- Where did you put the merchant chests? Is it in this same cell? Are these new custom chests for each merchant? If you copied any part of the vanilla game you could have contamination, such as the affecting of the vanilla NPC's.

- Do your merchants have the proper AI packages to offer services? No idea what tutorial you followed but have you looked up others that may have different advise?

- Did you create a new unique services faction for each merchant to set up their vendor details? (for example, Belathor has ServicesWhiterunBelathorsGoods). I stress unique because this is where you point to the merchants chest.

Just a few things off the top of my head to get you started on troubleshooting. Good luck.

Thankyou very much for the warm welcome! I've been a part of the Skyrim nexus for a long time but when it comes to actual help it doesn't seem like they can do much for me so i appreciate the replies!

The screenshots were just showing that both lucan and my inventories were empty when I initiate the "what do you have for sale" option.

- See this is the kind of good advice I like. Other people have said to coc in game to test cells out but I';ve found exactly what you ahve stated. That it doesnt load scripts properly so I did so with a new character in actual gameplay and ahve solved alot of bugs that way.

-I put the merchant chests inside the custom store cell (both npcs inventory) The chests were duplicates that I had renamed and had altered slightly as to keep the same basic stuff that other merchants may have but then added a few items that are abundant in my world. (i have a mine in my city) would you recommend making new chests completely? would that eliminate some problems you think?

- Yup both merchants as well as my other 20 npcs have the proper ai packages, factions and in case of the merchants custom vendor factions that point to the chests in my cell. All of the tutorials seemed to point to the same thing except for the ownership of the jobmerchantfaction and their respected factions (jobblacksmithfaction etc) Every tutrial says differently so I think thats where some of problems stem from. 

I have cleaned my mod and have gone snoopuing around in Tes5edit and have found some root problems that I remedied. the merchants in game now work but i have done a clean removal of both my custom merchants and anything referenced to them to start again properly. My mod no longer screws with misc or apothecary factions in game :) it never changed the blacksmith factions though (weird)