DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Papyrus OnOpen help

tobiasfrost

Hello,

I am a beginner and attempting to learn by modifying an existing mod for my own use.  I'm working on Additional Player Voices.

If I'm looking at the mod correctly, it creates a hidden quest and attaches its scripts to it, and they trigger the sound descriptors/effects on certain events, such as unsheathing weapons, firing an arrow or bolt, health thresholds, and so on.

What I'm wanting to do is add to this so sounds play when chests are opened.  I am just unsure of how to write the script for it.  I can find examples around but they all seem to be written with the intention of attaching them to a specific chest created for a unique purpose.

Would it be possible to have a sound trigger only on opening certain chests such as boss type chests?

I'm starting to think this just isn't possible, at least not the way the mod currently does it.  The mod adds a spell with multiple magic effects with the scripts attached to them.  They work off oneffectstart, onanimationevent, onhit, onspellcast, oncellload, ontrackedstatsevent, and so on, but can onopen be used in this way?

• 2 months later...

(I know this is an old thread but...)

There's no reason this would be impossible.

First you need the code from here: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Play_-_Sound

Then what you will want to do is go to a chest in the CK, say the NobleChest01. Add a script, create a New Script, use your OnOpen Event, the code mentioned above, be sure to fill in the properties, scream at Papyrus a little, have cookies, compile the script into submission and voila. All Noblechests01 will now play that sound onopening.