DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Bethesda: A Cesspit of Endless Theft and Greed

mlee3141

Bethesda is destroying the modding community with their joke of a platform, and their willful negligence of Modder's rights and concerns everywhere. After about a week, they have done nothing to address the issue of thefts on their platform, save for a DMCA policy that requires us to file complex legal documents every time our work is stolen! This situation is obviously not enough, and they have decided to spurn, and blatantly disrespect and disregard all modders with such statements such as calling us "hackers", and dehumanizing us with such tactics as segregating their respective platforms for the PC/ XBox1/ PS4, refusing to show modder's names on the downloads page at betheftda.aids, and ignoring (even encouraging, with their segregated platforms) the active culture of piracy on their site.

Now, you would think they've done enough damage to the modding community already, but no! They've taken things a step further in the throes of endless greed, and decided to make a quick cash-grab with their highly destructive and invasive "re-master" of Skyrim! I have every confidence that the upcoming "re-master" will not only break the millions of mods for Skyrim already out there, but it will offer no new features of worth whatsoever (such as a new story/ main questline, or a 64 bit exe), but instead, will use this as an excuse to open the floodgates to the console crowd, and throw the toxicity of paid modding on top of that! They plan to announce this at the E3 convention on Saturday, and when this is officially confirmed, I'm done with modding and the Nexus forever.

All of my mod pages will be nuked, and all of my future projects will not be published (even team efforts; I'll make things clear from the start.) I will still leave my website up though, and stay in touch with my friends from the Nexus. I find it very sad that it had to come to this, but I want to leave before the storm of the century hits. Things will get worse, I'm sure, when bethaidsda.FYouHackers start taking down sites like the Nexus to stifle out competition, and keep modding under their boot of tyranny and oppression. I won't be there to fight them on this, although I would dearly love to, but I'm sick and tired of all the drama and pure exploitation of the modding community.

Now then, what can you do to fight Bethesda in my stead? Make your voice heard! Boycott them! Flood them with complaints! Stop buying their games, stop uploading your mods to Bethesda.net, stop being silent and post exactly what you think of their wanton destruction on their "official" site! Share the experiences of modders like me who had to go through hell on earth, thanks to Bethaidsda, and are taking down their mods in droves, or retiring from modding altogether. Step up, and become a new generation of free modders, unbound by any but our own hearts and minds; driven onward by mutual respect! Don't let our sacrifice be in vain! As long as the free spirit of a true modding community remains, then we shall never truly die. Long live free modders everywhere!

Edited by mlee3141

TES Alliance has been and always will be home to free modders of all generations. As long as there are people who, for the pure love of the games, create, share, and teach, then there is nothing that can destroy the spirit of the modding community. 

Let's try to keep some perspective. Bethsoft's roughshod efforts at moderating their new hosting platform is not a sign of the End Times. Certainly, file a DMCA takedown if your work is stolen. Do avoid hosting anywhere you dislike. But there isn't any reason to let the actions or inactions of others ruin your enjoyment of the hobby.

While I appreciate your passion, we don't allow these kind of threads as they tend to start fights, so I have to lock this, sorry. :toast:

• Upvote 2