DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How to make a scripted Oblivion elevator

andersonsmith969

Hey guys, I'm the author of acclaimed Oblivion quest Fall of the Ayleids.

I want to add a scripted elevator to my mod, but the collision does not move with the mesh!

This means that the player will stand there--in thin air--while the elevator mesh moves downward. I know there are meshes that DO work, but I want to know WHY.

I've looked ALL OVER THE PLACE for an explanation on how to make a mesh with moving collision. I have my own mesh, I just need to know what to tweak.

Does anybody know??

I figured it out!

At long last, through painstaking nif comparison, it's very easy. Here is how it is done:

1) Open up the nif's collision

2) Click on  bhkrigidbody(T)

3) Scroll down to the four modifiers that begin with Motion System.

4) Select the following options in the sliders: MO_SYS_KEYFRAMED for Motion System and MO_QUAL_KEYFRAMED for Quality Type.

That's it!

Now your mesh and its collision will both move appropriately, allowing you to utilize any sort of custom mesh as an elevator or moving platform.

Some have said animated meshes will work...but it is only because they have these properties.

There. Just solved 10 threads. Hope this helps anyone still modding Oblivion (I certainly am!)