DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Vereta's CS Questions

Vereta

I decided to create one thread for my questions because I'm totally soaking up the study hall.

--

Q: What the heck is this about? (link)

A: A Dev error.

--

Q: What is the IC brick wall called in the CS? (The brick walls that are in the IC along with other places.)

A: ICHStonewall01. (Figured it out.)

--

Q: How does path gridding work? If a red node is underneath something is it needed?

A: Answered

--

Q: Is the Manabloom flower from SI?

A: No.

--

Q:I have a door aligned perfectly in the CS, but ingame it's somewhere else. (above.) How can I fix this?

A: Answered

--

Hmmm, I'll need a few more details. Obviously you're trying to add a custom creature to the CS, but what's the background of the creature. Does it have a unique skeleton?WT

Actually, this popped up when I loaded up the Aleswell exterior. I'm not trying to add a custom creature.

I suspect this warning means that there is a special idle pack that is supposed to be attached to a particular creature, but it can't find the creature it belongs to. Did you delete any creatures from the existing Aleswell, like sheep?  :)

If you haven't deleted any creatures than it might be a dev error, in which case hit Yes to All and move on. The game is full of Dev errors, not much to worry about!

Don't worry about the study hall either; It can handle your question load!!  aa_biggrin.gif

I suspect this warning means that there is a special idle pack that is supposed to be attached to a particular creature, but it can't find the creature it belongs to. Did you delete any creatures from the existing Aleswell, like sheep?  :) If you haven't deleted any creatures than it might be a dev error, in which case hit Yes to All and move on. The game is full of Dev errors, not much to worry about!Don't worry about the study hall either; It can handle your question load!!  aa_biggrin.gif

I did not delete a single creature so that means it is/may be a Dev error.

To find out what object is called what, simply find it in the world!  aa_biggrin.gif

In this case, i assume you're looking for the walls that surround the Waterfront, IC and Arcane University?

Then, in your Cell View window, bring up the World Space view. Let's say we want to go to the Waterfront then. But the list can't find that.  The Waterfront isn't a child worldspace so you will have to use the Tamriel Worldspace instead.  Once you're in the Tamriel Wordlspace, click on any cell, and then type in ICWater - now you should be in the waterfront district.

The Wall here is named ICWaterfrontWall02.  And doh, i just noticed you had answered it...

Oh well, in the future you shouldn't have any problems finding objects  aa_biggrin.gif

Andy

I know you found this one, but for future reference, if you have trouble finding objects you can also use the Find Text feature. Click Edit>Find Text, when the box opens click on the Objects tab. Then tyoe in a key word that will help you find what you're looking; in this case you could have typed "wall".

The CS will then load up a list of all objects containing that key word. It can narrow your hunt considerably!  :)

I know you found this one, but for future reference, if you have trouble finding objects you can also use the Find Text feature. Click Edit>Find Text, when the box opens click on the Objects tab. Then tyoe in a key word that will help you find what you're looking; in this case you could have typed "wall".The CS will then load up a list of all objects containing that key word. It can narrow your hunt considerably!  :)

Awesome! Didn't know that, thanks. :woot:

Hmm, I tried loading the Aleswell exteriors and didn't get any errors. If you want post your ESP and I'll see if I can track down the problem.WT

Aleswell was unedited when I opened up Aleswell's exterior. There was no .esp. I'll send it anyways.

(link)

By the way, I'd appreciated if you can tell me what to improve on the layout. I want it to feel enclosed and friendly. I haven't added clutter yet because I wanted you're guys opinions.

: How does path gridding work? If a red node is underneath something is it needed?.
Hmm not certain I'm understanding this right but here goes. You never want your red (or blue) points under or inside anything tne NPCs can't walk through. To get from one end of the interior to the other they'll walk from point to point like a connect the dots drawing. If any of your points or the lines connecting them are in a solid object they'll get stuck.

I'll have a look at the esp when I get home from work.

WT

----Edit---
Hey if you meant does the elevation (Z axis) of the point mater, than acording to the Wiki no it doesn't. Being kind of anal I always place them at floor level so I've never tested the statement myself.

Manabloom, if memory serves, has two versions. I'm unsure if any of them is From SI but i know that atleast one of them is Vanilla.

They are just different colors. I want my mod to be as compatible as possible.

@ WT - I'm anal like that to.  aa_tongue.gif

Err. I gave you an answer, there's nothing more to it than checking out which one is which.  Bring up their respective info tabs and see in which cells they are placed...

How does path gridding work? If a red node is underneath something is it needed?

Pathgrids must be above the level of the floor, or your NPCs will follow the path and fall through the floor.

Is the Manabloom flower from SI?

No, the Manablooms are Vanilla flowers. If you're not sure right click the object and choose Use Info to see where the objects appears in game. If a SI location appears in the list, it is from SI.

I have a door aligned perfectly in the CS, but ingame it's somewhere else. (above.) How can I fix this?

Have you linked this door? Sometimes if you don't link the door it will float. It's a glitch. Just delete the door, save, add a new door, link it to it's interior/exterior, and save again.

:P

How does path gridding work? If a red node is underneath something is it needed?
Pathgrids must be above the level of the floor, or your NPCs will follow the path and fall through the floor.

Is the Manabloom flower from SI?
No, the Manablooms are Vanilla flowers. If you're not sure right click the object and choose Use Info to see where the objects appears in game. If a SI location appears in the list, it is from SI.

I have a door aligned perfectly in the CS, but ingame it's somewhere else. (above.) How can I fix this?
Have you linked this door? Sometimes if you don't link the door it will float. It's a glitch. Just delete the door, save, add a new door, link it to it's interior/exterior, and save again. :P

Thanks a lot!