DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Scouting out this Place

mlee3141

Well, I'm looking for a new file host, and this place seems quite nice. Independent, and fast, with no bigger Skyrim projects to overshadow all others. I wonder, how reliable are the downloads and uploads here? Even bigger sites like Google Drive and One Drive like to corrupt downloads halfway on me. Also, how long is this site likely to be up, and what security measures are in place to counter ad-based virus attacks and redirects?

While I'm at it, how does this place make revenue, if any?

Sorry if I'm being inquisitive, but I got burned by the Nexus, Mediafire and Google Drive, so I'm a bit more wary now. Some clarification would be most appreciated!

• Upvote 1

Hi there, mlee! I have the best experience with nexusmods. Your issues are a sad business for us all these days. I will not elaborate more on that.

I started out here on TESA in 2011. I left for the nexusmods. Had some big fights in the beginning. Even banned myself and so on.

Came back (actively) to TESA last year and found all my mods from 2011 in good shape. That tells me something about decency - which is not very common these days.

TESA can be a little slow. They are large egoes like me, but they are here for any discussion or elaboration of any kind, gamewise.

DarkRider seems to have put some effort into the security which includes new servers - but this is not free.

If you join, donate and become an active colaborator here on TESA.

TESA is very much needed as a counterpart to the sites you yourself allready have mentioned.

I wish you the best with whatever decision you choose.

• Upvote 2

Hello and welcome mlee. I joined up here in `09 when there were less than 500 members. TESA was founded basically as a teaching site where we learned, shared , and taught. We`ve had lumps and bumps and growing pains, but the team has managed to stand the test of time. Back then if someone had told me that I`d build my own PC one day, I`d have laughed at the absurdity .... but when the time came, the fine folks here helped me do just that in 2011 and Bessie was born.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, donnato said:

Hello and welcome mlee. I joined up here in `09 when there were less than 500 members. TESA was founded basically as a teaching site where we learned, shared , and taught. We`ve had lumps and bumps and growing pains, but the team has managed to stand the test of time. Back then if someone had told me that I`d build my own PC one day, I`d have laughed at the absurdity .... but when the time came, the fine folks here helped me do just that in 2011 and Bessie was born.

Was that REALLY FIVE years ago???? Holy smoke......

• Upvote 1