DarkRider

[GAME] Witanlore: Dreamtime

42 posts in this topic
From Druid Gameworks...

CoverSmall_zpsetc6ohky.jpg
banner_zpseicvygzy.png

SteamTitle_Storyline_zpsaglgaddp.png

Witanlore: Dreamtime is a single player, story-driven, Adventure RPG for Windows PC, being developed on Unreal Engine 4.

In Witanlore: Dreamtime, you assume the role of a young Ursine brave whose destiny has not yet been determined. Guided by the clan seer, you embark on an astral journey into the spirit world to stand before your patron deity and receive divine messages about your destiny. However, there is something far less benevolent than a goddess waiting for you in the mists...

Find yourself swept up in the chaos of an ancient battle for power, the outcome of which hinges on your decisions and a weapon that could lead us all to salvation or ruin. The path you take and the choices you make will determine the story’s outcome and alter the very fabric of the world.

Dreamtime is expected to release on Steam semi episodically with the first episode retailing for around $6.99 USD. The official publish date is yet to be set but the project is NOW IN BETA and our goal is to have it on the digital shelves early this year!

SteamTitle_Features_zpsiylnhgri.png

• Detailed, Realistic Open World to Explore
  • Story-driven, Role-playing Focus
  • Totem System - Level Up Your Spirit Guide for Buffs & Bonuses!
  • Choices & Consequences - What Players Say & Do Matters!
  • Fully voiced, Non-linear Dialogue
  • Extensive Main Quest & Numerous Side Quests
  • Rich Cultural Histories & Lore to Discover
  • In-depth Player Character Customization
  • Recruit Companions & Allies
  • Unique Dungeon Diving & Rewards - No Pointless Loot Dungeons!
  • Multiple Weapon Styles with Tribal Bonuses

SteamSlide_World_zpst4ufabdy.png
SteamSlide_Character_zpsjysszqqh.png
SteamSlide_Journey_zpsesrgyh68.png
SteamSlide_Totem_zps5bl5wcnj.png

Our Progress So Far...

Banner_Dreamtime_zpszqg9y2bh.jpg

Banner_Media_zpsychu9zrz.jpg

©2014-2016 Druid Gameworks

The Team at Druid Gameworks

2016_TeamPic_zpsqkysesrl.png

Previous Work
This is our first retail title as a team, but have a combined 50+ years of game modifying experience authoring some of the Elder Scrolls Community's favorite titles like:

OurMods_03_zpsumetmzhv.png

18 minutes ago, ladyonthemoon said:

Three women...

Not sure what you're trying to say here. If you're implying Druid is unfair to women in hiring that's definitely not true. :shrug:

We're an equal opportunity employer. We simply don't get many applications from women. Game development, like game playing, is still largely dominated by men unfortunately. That said, Druid has always hired the best candidates who apply, and would never hire a male candidate over a female candidate if she was more qualified. ;)

12 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

Not sure what you're trying to say here. If you're implying Druid is unfair to women in hiring that's definitely not true. :shrug:

That's not what I meant either. Just noticed, three women; and I didn't count how many men.

That's cool, your comment just wasn't very clear one way or the other. :)

5 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

That's cool, your comment just wasn't very clear one way or the other. :)

I think it was meant to reflect my perplexity on the matter (and I think it did the job pretty well). I have theories as to why so few women are in the game making business but I'd rather keep if for myself. ;) Well, I'll give up a clue: education.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

For a limited run only you can snag the FIRST Official Witanlore: Dreamtime Graphic T-Shirt on TeeSpring from now until August 21!!! :dance:

https://teespring.com/Witanlore

Tspring_zpshg3itvz5.jpg

The t-shirt is made with high quality materials and features a full color graphic of the Witanlore: Dreamtime cover design. Its available in six different shirt colors and a variety of sizes!

TspringColors_zpsbes6kseh.jpg

Purchasing a T-shirt not only helps support Dreamtime's continued development but it also helps us spread the word about our game and her upcoming release! If you've been looking for some swag and a way to help the game gain traction with fans we'd really appreciate if you helped us reach our TeeSpring goals! Please help us share our TeeSpring link!

https://teespring.com/Witanlore

I just saw this in my e-mail when I got home. I`ll be looking into this for sure.  :coolup:

For the last couple weeks Ive been working on the final draft of Dreamtime's various menu UIs. These are WIPs of the final main menu design. A video clip plays in the background creating some nice movement and eye candy. :write:

GameStart_zpsaccqvsln.jpg

MainMenuTest_zpsjv070zri.jpg

Options_zps6oxg38zc.jpg

Ep1_Final_UI_Keybind03_zpsy1cscg8e.jpg

11 hours ago, DarkRider said:

For the last couple weeks Ive been working on the final draft of Dreamtime's various menu UIs. These are WIPs of the final main menu design. A video clip plays in the background creating some nice movement and eye candy. :write:

Looks good! :)

On September 26, 2016 at 6:36 AM, ladyonthemoon said:

Congratulations! :clap:

(I hate the presentation though: "Veteran Elder Scrolls modders...")

Thanks. Its tough when the media asks you to describe yourself and your project in a single tweet.  :lmao: 

Making a commercial game it's really hard to get a following to build if you present yourself as "Unexperienced unproven indie dev", it also wouldn't honestly reflect our experience. Our long term work as modders for the Elder Scrolls (some of us have been modding since Morrowind) is our experience, we have a base of fans from those years of modding public releases. It's who we are, and we're proud of that. Sorry it's not your cup of tea. :shrug:

3 hours ago, DarkRider said:

... It's who we are, and we're proud of that. Sorry it's not your cup of tea. :shrug:

It's not a matter of cup of tea, it's just that it pulls you back to what you were: modders, not professional developers. It would have been better to just say "Druid Gameworks present" and then describe further where you come from and your experience in an article. The name Druid Gameworks is barely visible on the Steam page. It's your brand new studio that counts, not "a bunch of Elder Scrolls modders". :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Our brand is at the start of every trailer at the top of the page and in several spots as well as authoring the page. Excluding it from a single tag line won't hurt us, especially since it's been part of our endeavor all along. :)

Being a bunch of ES modders is something special about our team and it means something to our fans who frequently post that they loved our mods and can't wait for the game. Appreciate the feedback, but I don't think the two things need to be exclusive. :toast:

The Marines have a name for recruits who come from the enlisted ranks to climb to officer status... Mustang... I had a friend whose father rose to the rank of captain.... not an easy task in the marines... or anywhere else for that matter..... You go, mustangs!!!    :coolup: 

OiX_zpss6rzxqqw.jpg

Hey Guys, just thought we'd give a heads up that we'll be attending OrlandoiX on October 15th-16th in the indie pavilion. We'll have some fun swag to give out and we'll be debuting our playable demo! If you're in the Orlando area stop by and check it out! We'll be releasing the demo publicly online the following weekend so if you miss the event you can still give it a play soon!

OrlandoiX Day One! :dance:

OrlandoiX_Day01_Tall_zpsysiioz5y.jpg

OrlandoiX_Day01_Wide_zps2qntqodm.jpg

It was such a thrill to have players exploring our world at our first trade show exhibit! Resting up for Day Two now! :D

Witanlore has certainly got a freshness I like very much. Being difficult to avoid.

++++++

Edited by fredlaus

A peek at one of the finished totem animal assets!

WolfTotem_Asset_zpsmbdh7mm3.jpg

Our free demo should be shipping tomorrow so check back for the link! biggrin.png