DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

FCOM 2016 installs

ocoini

Hi there !

Just though I would share what worked for me. And also for archiving purposes - seeing as many FCOM guides are hard to find and know if they are updated.

This guide is NOT from 2016 - But it did work (for now) for me and it was the latest one I found on the internet.

nUbee's Newbie Guide for FCOM
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8BTIQGFFmHPWmNCbVdSUXFDRXc/edit?pli=1

Regarding the files VERSIONS nUbee writes:
- I did not use all the files he used. I used any UPDATED versions I could find if there were any.

like Wyrebash, OBSE, Game Patches/Unofficial Patches, and for the FCOM mods aswell - I ignored any reference version number he suggested to this point. Just tried to patch everything to the latest version I could find. Example: Martigans Monster Mod (MMM) - This has an update - and I used the

My FCOM install came After I had installed any graphical/prettification mods, like textures/Character/body Overhalls and, also had some few other smaller mods.

With all of this above taken into account. My report of my install: It crashes SOMETIMES. Perhaps once every two hours, at random times.
(I'll come back to edit this post if I find that this changes as I play more or if i notice something that my build is unplayable.)

However I plan to install more mods also ontop of this... :)

If you try this guide - I think it's likly you will have an even more stable FCOM than I have if you do this on a clean oblivion install.

Please do post your own guides, and experiences with other FCOM install guides!

Here's nUbee's Newbie Guide for FCOM guide - for archiving purposes on this forum::

(please a mod, could you place this text under here in a spoiler button, I dont know how to do it, thank you :))

nUbee's Newbie Guide for FCOM

Introduction

This guide is intended to help those who have never installed FCOM on their Oblivion install.

Many players feel the process of installing four overhauls is a daunting and confusing task.

The reality is that all you need is a little patience and know that if something goes wrong, it

can be fixed, and that you learned something in the process. I will do my best to be as clear as

possible in the steps provided.

One of the great things about FCOM is that there are so many ways to customize your game.

There are many, many mods out there that are compatible with and compliment FCOM. But

since this is a newbie's guide, I will give you the steps for a basic installation.

When downloading mods, I recommend you create a folder (e.g. “OblivionDLs” on your

desktop) and place all downloaded material into that folder. The more organized your files

are, the less stress there is. In case you don't have it already, you will need to download and

install 7-zip. It's a free archive creator/extractor that will be able to extract just about any

archive you come across. It's also needed for making a modified archive of our own. This

guide will assume you have it.

Most of the required material can only be downloaded from tesalliance.org and

nexusmods.com/oblivion/. You will need a login at these sites for downloading.

1. Install Oblivion and DLC

1.1: To start off with, make sure you are installing FCOM on a clean install of Oblivion. That

means that no other mods or files should be installed when starting this. So if you have

Oblivion installed already, it might be easiest to just uninstall it and remove the

Oblivion folders from:

C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\My Games

and

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local

1.2: Now install Oblivion. For Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users, install the game into a

directory that is not in C:\Program Files\. Instead, install it in a new folder such as

C:\Games\Oblivion

This way you won't be bothered by UAC and have problems later down the road.

Last Revised May 10, 2015

nUbee 2

1.3: OPTIONAL: (GOTY users, ignore this)

If you installed oblivion from an older disc version (e.g. collector's edition, original

release), and plan to install Shivering Isles, download and install the 1.1.511 patch first.

This patch includes fixes to the Textures.bsa and launcher which are not included in

the Shivering Isles 1.2.0416 patch.

1.4: OPTIONAL:

Now install Shivering Isles. The Installer will automatically install everything in the

right location.

1.5: If you have the Game of the Year Edition, skip this step. All others, install the latest

1.2.0416 patch. If you have Shivering Isles installed, download and install this one.

Otherwise, get this one.

1.6: OPTIONAL:

At this point, you can install any DLC including Knights of the Nine. For an FCOM

install, it doesn't matter which ones. None are required.

1.7: One more thing. This may not be essential, but it's probably best to run the game at this

point so that the oblivion.ini is generated. All you need to do is start the launcher,

launch the game, start a new game, then quit. No need to save.

nUbee 3

2. Install Required/Useful Utilities

2.1: Download Wrye Bash. I could write pages on what Wrye Bash does, so I'm going to

recommend reading the official documentation if you want to know everything it can

do. Just know that it's one of the best things to happen to Oblivion since the game came

out. You'll want to download the “Wrye Bash 305 – Installer” (or latest) version in the

MAIN FILES section.

2.1.1: Start the installer. Click next

2.1.2: Install Locations. It should automatically locate your install folder. Oblivion and

Wrye Bash [Standalone] should already be checked. Leave everything else

unchecked. Click next.

2.1.3: Choose Components. Check any to your liking and press install.

2.1.4: Once it's done installing, click next.

2.1.5: Oblivion should be unchecked (not ready to run yet). You can view the readme if

you like. I'd recommend taking a look at it at some point to get yourself more

familiar with the many useful features of Wrye Bash. You can leave the "Delete

files from old Bash versions" checked. Click close.

2.2: Download Better Oblivion Sorting Software (BOSS). This utility makes you forget about

having to worry about what order your mods should load. Reduces headaches by 90%

or more. Download the "BOSS.Installer.exe" (or latest) file in the Download

page.

2.2.1: Start the Installer. Select your language (I'm assuming English, since you're

reading this guide) and click OK.

2.2.2: Click next.

2.2.3: Install Location. C:\BOSS is the default, so leave it at that and click Install.

2.2.4: Once installation is completed, click next.

2.2.5: No need to run BOSS yet, so uncheck that box. View the readme if you'd like.

Click Finish and you're done.

2.3: Download Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE). Some of the fixes from the Unofficial

Patches require the use of OBSE. Plus if you plan on installing other mods, many of

them require OBSE as well.

2.3.1: Unpack the OBSE zip file.

2.3.2: Copy the files "obse_1_2_416.dll", "obse_editor_1_2.dll", and

"obse_loader.exe" and the folder “Data” into your main Oblivion folder (same folder

with Oblivion.exe). STEAM USERS: copy the file “obse_steam_loader.dll” into your

main Oblivion folder as well.

nUbee 4

3. Unofficial Patches

Although installing the Unofficial Patches are not required for FCOM to run, it might as well

be, since these patches fix just about any bug you could think of that was present in the

original game.

3.1: Download the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP).

3.1.1: Open up Wrye Bash, either from the Start Menu (if you checked the box during

the installation) or from C:\Games\Oblivion\Mopy\.

3.1.2: Re-size the window if need be and select the “Installers” tab at the top. It will ask

if you want to enable Installers. Select Yes.

3.1.3: After refreshing, the Installers page will be open. Now Copy or Move the UOP

archive file you downloaded to C:\Games\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\. The

folders should already exist after having opened Wrye Bash.

3.1.4: Back in Wrye Bash, the Installers page should automatically refresh and you

should see the archive you moved.

3.1.5: Single-click the UOP package so it's highlighted. Four .esp check boxes should

populate the “Esp/m Filter” window box on the right. Uncheck the “UOP

Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp”. We don't actually need that installed.

3.1.6: Right-click the UOP package and select Install from the context menu. Don't

worry about any OBSE DLL Warning windows that might pop-up. Just select

Yes.

3.1.7: The box next to the UOP package should turn green with a plus. Now, onto the

next one. Leave the Wrye Bash window open.

3.2: Download the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch (USIP) Manual Installer version. Only

use if you have Shivering Isles installed.

3.2.1: Copy or Move the archive into the Bash Installers folder. Same as you did with

the UOP archive.

3.2.2: Right-click the USIP package in Wrye Bash and select Install.

3.3: Download the Unofficial Official Mods Patch (UOMP) Manual Installer version. Only

use if you have any DLC installed, including Knights of the Nine.

3.3.1: Copy or Move the archive into the Bash Installers folder. Same as the others.

3.3.2: In Wrye Bash, select the UOMP package and uncheck any of the .esps for the

DLC you do not have installed. For example, if you don't have Horse Armor

installed, then uncheck DLCHorseArmor – Unofficial Patch.esp. You can

check which ones you have installed by selecting the “Mods” tab and looking

through the esp list.

3.3.3: Right-click the UOMP package and select Install.

nUbee 5

4. Francesco's Leveled Creatures/Items

4.1: Download Francesco's Creatures and Items V5B1 and grab the V5B2 Update as well.

4.2: Put both archives into the Bash Installers folder and go back into Wrye Bash (Installers

Tab).

4.3: In case it's not already in order, make sure the Order (2nd column in the list. You may

need to resize the column widths) for the V5B2 Update package is a greater number

than the V5B1 package. You can rearrange them by click, drag and drop.

4.4: Right-click the V5B1 package and select Wizard.

4.4.1: An installer wizard will pop up. You can review the overview of the mod. When

you're ready, click next.

4.4.2: Shivering Isles. Select yes or no if you want Frans features in the Shivering Isles.

Obviously if you don't have it installed, select No. Otherwise, select yes and click

next.

4.4.3: FCOM Install. Yes, otherwise you would not be reading this guide. Click next.

4.4.4: You may read what will be installed to get an idea of what Francesco will add.

When ready, click next.

4.4.5: If you're installing the SI version, you have the option of Chance of More

Enemies. Check the box if you wish and click next.

4.4.5.1: Select the chances of having more enemies and click next.

4.4.6: You may click Back and make changes to any options if you want. Otherwise,

check the box “Apply these selections” and “Install this package” (if not

selected). Click Finish.

4.5: Right-click the V5B2 package and select Install. No need to use the wizard.

4.5.1: Select OK to the INI Tweaks window that pops up.

4.5.2: V5B1's package box should turn yellow. Everything is fine. Install successful.

nUbee 6

5. Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

5.1: Download Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (OOO). Go to the Download page and download

“OOO135a.7z” and “OOO135aBSA.7z”.

5.2: Move the downloaded archives into the Bash Installers folder.

5.3: Go into Wrye Bash (Installers tab), then select the “OOO135a.7z” package. Uncheck the

esp with the Knights of the Nine name in the window box on the right. Uncheck the “No

Daedric Items” esp as well. Now right-click the package and select install. Do the same

with the “OOO135aBSA.7z” package as well.

6. Oblivion WarCry

6.1: Download Oblivion WarCry. We'll want the “Oblivion WarCry EV Opti.7z” and

“WarCryEv.7z” archives.

6.2: Move both archives you downloaded into the Bash Installers folder.

6.3: In Wrye Bash, right click each of the WarCry packages and select install.

7. Bob's Armory

7.1: Download Bob's Armory. Get two more files: “Bob's Armory Oblivion.7z” and

FCOMBob's Armory Oblivion Opti.7z”.

7.2: Just like WarCry, move the archives into the Bash Installers folder.

7.3: And like previously, in Wrye Bash, right-click the packages and select install. These

mods are easy to install aren't they?

nUbee 7

8. FCOM: Convergence

8.1: Download FCOM: Convergence. In the Download page, fetch these archives:

• FCOM Convergence 1.00.7z

• FCOM_Convergence.7z

• FCOM RealSwords Resources.7z (optional)

• FCOM_EntropicOrderRebalance.7z

Since “FCOM Optional Add-Ons.7z” is not required, I won't be including that. If you

still want any of the esps included to be installed, please read the documentation or ask

on the official forum.

8.2: Move the archives into the Bash Installers folder.

8.3: Back in Wrye Bash, highlight (single-click) the package “FCOM Convergence 1.00.7z”.

8.3.1: If you do not have Knights of the Nine installed, uncheck

FCOM_Knights.esp in the window box on the right.

8.3.2: If you did not download the “FCOM RealSwords Resources.7z” archive,

also uncheck “FCOM_RealSwords.esp”.

8.3.3: Uncheck the “FCOM_SpawnRates” esps. If you want, you may check

only one of them. These esps control the spawn rates of monsters and

NPCs. So if you want fewer enemies in your travels, you may wish to

check SpawnRatesReduced OR SpawnRatesSlightlyReduced. If you want

fewer, but stronger enemies, then check SpawnRatesStronger. Remember

to only check one of them. If you want standard spawn rates, leave them

all unchecked.

8.4: Highlight the package “FCOM_EntropicOrderRebalance.7z”. In the esp/m filter, only check one

esp. If you want more difficulty, check the Hardcore esp, otherwise, check the Rebalance esp.

8.4: Right-click each FCOM package and install them.

nUbee 8

9. Martigen's Monster Mod (MMM)

9.1: Download Martigen's Monster Mod 3.8. From the Download page, get these:

• MMM 3.8 ReadMe and Version History.rar (for your reference. You'll need it.)

• MMM38.rar

• MMM38BSA.7z

9.2: Move the archives “MMM38.rar” and “MMM38BSA.7z” into the Bash Installers folder.

9.3: Rename the BSA within the “MMM38BSA.7z” archive.

9.3.1: In the explorer window, right-click the “MMM38BSA.7z” archive and select

“7-Zip” → “Open archive” in the context menu.

9.3.2: Once inside the 7-zip file manager, right-click on the file “Mart's Monster

Mod.bsa” and select Rename.

9.3.3: Rename the file to “FCOM_Convergence_Mart's Monster Mod.bsa”

9.3.4: You may now close the 7-zip file manager.

9.4: Back in Wrye Bash, select the package “MMM38.rar” and right-click anywhere in the

window box of esps. Click “Deselect All”.

9.5: Now this is where things get complicated. There are many ways you can customize

MMM to your liking. There is no best way, it's all to each person's taste. If you want to

know what a plugin does, consult the readme you downloaded. Also, be aware that

many of the esps included here are NOT compatible with FCOM. If you don't know

what you want or you don't care, you may check the esp/esm listed below:

• Mart's Monster Mod.esm

• Mart's Monster Mod – More Wilderness Life No Gates.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – Extra Wounding.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – Hunting & Crafting.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – Diverse Creatures Expansion.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – Diverse WaterLife.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – Mummies.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – RadiantAITweaks.esp

• Mart's Monster Mod – Shivering Isles.esp (If you have SI installed of course)

These will work, but remember that this is only one way to set up MMM. Please consult

the readme and forums for information on each plugin. Additional plugins can be

installed later, but make sure to run BOSS and rebuild the Bashed Patch (more on that

later) after any changes have been made.

9.6: Now right-click the “MMM38.rar” and “MMM38BSA.7z” packages and install.

nUbee 9

10. Load Ordering and Bashed Patch

Congratulations. You've just completed a basic FCOM install. But there are a few things that

need to be set up before we can enjoy the game.

10.1: If you're not already there, Open the Mods tab in Wrye Bash. You should see a bunch of

esp and esms in the list.

10.2: At the top of the window, just below the tabs, you should see a bar labeled “File”. Right-
click that bar and select “Load” → “All”. It might take a little while for all the files to be

checked.

10.3: Now at the very bottom of Wrye Bash, you should see some icons, starting with a green

box, a red box, and then possibly several others. If you mouse over any of them, a

tooltip will show up. Look for the one that has a tooltip that says “Launch BOSS”. It

should be an icon with the oblivion symbol and BOSS in front of it. Click it and launch

BOSS.

10.4: A window will eventually show up. Feel free to review the Recognized Plugins section.

When you are done, close the window.

10.5: Back in Wrye Bash, looking at the mod list, you should see “Bashed Patch, 0.esp” as the

last mod. Right-click that esp and select “Rebuild Patch”.

10.6: If a window titled “Deactivate these mods...” pops up, make sure all esps are checked

and click OK.

10.7: You'll now see a window with two sections. The important stuff should already be

checked. You can make further adjustments/tweaks by checking boxes. If you don't

know what it does, don't check it. Consult the Wrye Bash readme for more information.

Moving the mouse over a box/tweak will also give you a short description. Again, if

you're unsure, just leave everything untouched. The defaults should be good enough,

although do check them out in your spare time. Some of them are really useful. Click

“Build Patch” at the bottom of the window when you're ready.

10.8: Building a patch can take some time, especially if you have a lot of mods installed. So

get a drink and be patient. Once it's completed, a summary window will pop up. Click

OK.

With that, you are done! Everything in your mod list in Wrye Bash should have a check-mark,

a plus sign if the mod name is green, or a dot if the mod name is purple. Click the Oblivion

symbol at the bottom, and enjoy the greatness of FCOM.

nUbee 10

11. Suggestions and Further Notes

Feel free to play around with Wrye Bash. A lot of new players are intimidated by it because

there are so many features. Nothing will harm your computer in any way. At worst, you may

need to reinstall Oblivion, but that's highly unlikely. Definitely play around with the tweak

settings in the Build Bashed Patch. Some can really make your game more enjoyable. You can

also make some oblivion.ini edits by going to the INI Edits section. For more info on the

development of Wrye Bash, visit the Wrye Bash forum thread.

This guide is not official. For the best support, please visit the FCOM forum thread.

If there are any confusions, problems with this guide, including typos and sentences that need

rewording, or if you have suggestions on how to improve this guide, please contact me at

forums.nexusmods.com or forums.bethsoft.com. My username is nUbee at both sites.

nUbee_FCOM_Guide2.pdf