DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Greetings all!!!

Euther

Greetings all,

I would like to introduce myself. I have been playing Oblivion more then 500 hrs. I have many MODs installed, and would like to start getting involved more in the MOD community.

Not being a developer (even though, professionally, I am in the IT technical market space, I am starting my new campaign offering voice acting.

Recently, I took on the challenge of making all voice quest files for the home/quest MOD Glenvar Castle. I did this to 1) educate myself and 2) make this mod more enjoyable for me. Adding more immersion into the game is a new “kick” I am on as of recent. Besides, I really did not feel like reading at the time.

So, after completing the 2 quests, I offer my files to the MOD creator for some criticism. Not expecting much, (I expected to be blown off, frankly) I was very surprised by his review. He strongly suggested that I release it to the public. And so I did.

If any of you are interested in the Glenvar Castle Voice Add-on, click the link.

So, wanting to take voice acting on more seriously, (I cannot figure out “lip sync” for the life of me) I found this place, where I hope to get involved and add something in a small way to this community.

Regards,

Euther

Welcome Euther

It's always nice to have another Voice Actor here in the Alliance.

Personally, i loved the Glenvar Castle mod, the quests were great - and i'm certain with voice acting they will only be better!

Andy

Welcome to the VAP and to the Alliance, Mate!No worries, I WILL be adding a lip synch tutorial as soon as time allows!  aa_biggrin.gif

Hey DarkRider, maybe some pointers then... I almost through my keyboard around the room a few times... Creating Wav, converting them to MP3, seeing the lip files no grow to more then 1K is size...

Very frustrating... :)

Ah, that's another issue entirely. Do the lips start to move, then stay open or closed while the rest of the line is delivered? As if frozen?

Hmm... I had to go back and dig up an old save... The lips start (open), then close after one second. then do not move again. I am using the latest CS, as I was told the lip sync is broke in that. I did try to install the older version, but had issues, open up mod files... That's what I remember anyways..

Wierd...

Euther

Usually that weird freeze up is an indication that the line is actually too fast for the lip synch software.

I don't know... I different paces for different characters, not faster or slower then the vanilla Oblivion lines…

All were down as WAV files from with CS. then proceesed into MP3's via other tools.

Crap, I was going to attach 3 mp3 files, but failed to see an upload file icon.

Euther

Outa curiosity, how deep is your voice? I might have a little project for you. Let me know if your interested.

Um... on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being Barry White) my wife says  5 or 6. But, that is measured against the great  Barry White.. :)

I have posted some samples from the voice add-on I just put out. See if this helps... Also if you would, please let me know if there are any issues downloading it... I am new to this free file share thing... ;)

Glenvar Castle Voice Samples.rar

Regards,
Euther

Edit: BTW, I am intested.....   aa_wall.gif
Edit 2: I also added a few more samples for another MOD I am working on:
More Oblivion MOD Voice Samples 1
More Oblivion MOD Voice Samples 2

• 2 weeks later...

hi,been playing oblivion for a while>I do some modding,mostly for myself and friends.Needed info on getting voice files added to a mod.was pointed in this direction,hope I can get all the info I need.I also just started voice acting.was told I have a sexy voice,not sure how true that is!.. aa_tongue.gif

Welcome to the Alliance! The Voice Actors Project is a VA club we host here as a modders resource. If you want to join the VAP, click on USERS>VoiceActorsProject>Join Group and I'll add you to their ranks!

Once your a VAP member you can view all of the VAP forums including workshops on creating voice files and the Archive where you can create your own file!

hi,been playing oblivion for a while>I do some modding,mostly for myself and friends.Needed info on getting voice files added to a mod.was pointed in this direction,hope I can get all the info I need.I also just started voice acting.was told I have a sexy voice,not sure how true that is!.. aa_tongue.gif

Welcome aboard... PM me if you like. I am not a mod'er, I do voice files (w/LIP), as well as testing... If you need assistance in getting voice files done, Point me to a d/l link for your MOD or email me the .esp file with instrurctions pointing me toward what NPC and which dialog line.

Best Regards,
Euther