DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Missing Lod Textures on Mountains

Qaxe

Hello. After Googling my guts out, I've finally come here seeking some help.

I am following this LOD generating tutorial by LadyOnTheMoon, and have generated LOD. It looks very nice except for the purple mountains. I am aware that this means I am missing textures. During the process, the CK generated many .dds files for my LOD, and they are there in my Skyrim/Data/Textures/Terrain/WorldSpaceName folder and the WorldSpaceName.Objects.dds and the normal / _n version, are in my  ...Terrain/WorldSpaceName/Objects folder. So I have textures, I just don't see them in game.

- I used the Source files provided in the tutorial, and followed the tute to the T. Everyone always says that, but whatever. I started over from scratch this morning, and have the same results. Wonderful distance, with purple mountains majesty.

- I'm on Windows 8.1. When following the tutorial I didn't have other programs running or touch the computer. 

- I'm not using custom textures, just trying to generate LOD for generic mountains in my world-space.

Does anyone have "the answer"? It would be appreciated. 

20161020210645_1.jpg

Edited by Qaxe

No no, I'm a grown-up. I don't have mods installed when I work on my own mod. Ha. Grown-up that plays with video games...ehem. Jokes aside, I use Mod Organizer for the rare occasions I actually play the game, and keep the Data folder clear for working on my mod.

After using this tutorial, and failing three times, I tried the Oscape method and ended up with similar results. Purple mountains. Oscape didn't create either the MyWorldObjectsLOD.dds or MyWorldObjectsLOD_n.dds files, so I had to grab TES5LODGen to make those. Once I did that, I had lovely, plain ol' mountains. I'm not sure if it would have worked out better if I'd used TES5LODGen with your method, but after 12 hours on this today, I'm just glad to have a working LOD. It's a big mod, so nothing goes fast over here.

LadyOnTheMoon: I enjoyed the clarity of your tutorial and your images, even if the method didn't work out for me. Thanks for sharing your time.

Qaxe

Oscape does not generate object lod files; the ideal combination for a LOD is Oscape for the terrain LOD and TESVLodGen for the Objects and trees. The CK will do objects and trees but it is very buggy and often makes a hash of it, including giving you purple mountains.