DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Weird Merchant Issue

dolphin66th

On 11/11/2016 at 10:02 PM, dolphin66th said:

I scrapped the NPC, made a completely new interior, exterior, actor, chest.  I deleted everything related to the old NPC and reloaded the CK before packing the BSA.  Same steps followed as all the other merchants I've made.  I go into his shop, activate and.... same issue!  Merchant only works when I've added the merchant perk to the player.  *whacks head*  I'm so confused....

By experience, I know that using a duplicated vendor npc to make a new one doesn't work, even if you have removed everything in it. It's better that you create a completely new npc to make your merchant.

My NPC himself wasn't duplicated - only the vendor chest.  I've done this multiple times with many different merchants - no problems til now.  I'm wondering if it's the Dark Elf voice type (although that shouldn't be a problem, there are other merchants with the dark elf voice in Skyrim).  As you suggested before, I installed a second copy of Skyrim to test my mods on - still having the same issue.  I'm debating scrapping the entire mod and starting over as now that my dialogue issues are resolved I want to redo a few other NPCs as well - but I haven't quite reached that level of frustration just yet ;)

[solved]. 

I found this tutorial from Darkfox127 that helped.  Apparently, when you use the VendorItemsMisc option for the faction, the "Not Sell/Buy" box has to be checked.  I'm not sure why it worked, but this seems to have solved my issue.  Just in case anyone else is looking for an answer to this problem.

Thanks everyone for trying to help!

16 minutes ago, dolphin66th said:

[solved]. 

I found this tutorial from Darkfox127 that helped.  Apparently, when you use the VendorItemsMisc option for the faction, the "Not Sell/Buy" box has to be checked.  I'm not sure why it worked, but this seems to have solved my issue.  Just in case anyone else is looking for an answer to this problem.

Thanks everyone for trying to help!

All the general stores merchants have that box ticked; taking a look at their form list provides the answer. :)