DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Converting your meshes for SSE

Tarshana

Longtime fan of Tesalliance; I have learned a lot from these forums. Time to give back.

First Step: Download https://github.com/jonwd7/nifskope/releases/tag/v2.0.dev6

In the upper left hand corner you have to File - Open and find the nif you need to convert. 

EVsHexu.jpg

Go to Spells - Batch - Add Tangent Spaces and Update

A6GHzqX.jpg

Make sure texture paths are correct. Some files have NiAlpha properties for when the DDS file has an alpha that needs to be read.  Usually you will see it under the main texture path and most modders here are familiar with this. Chunkmerge still works for updating SSE models, it is better to update your tangents before adding collision I noticed. 

The new Nifskope tools makes our meshes look super bright for some reason but in game they are slightly less saturated. I had to go and manually change a lot of my normal maps and redo the specular lighting in Nifkope. 

More information found here: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

If any  modder wants help in conversion please let me know. I can help convert and send a file, no credit needed I just want to help :) 

• Upvote 3

Thank you for the information, however, I feel I must clarify an important point; Not all meshes require conversion.

Most meshes made for original Skyrim will work just fine in SSE, especially statics as they already have tangents. I know I've been told my mods work just fine and I've done nothing to them. If there is a problem mesh, or any meshes with skinning (clothes, armor, hair) running it through the SSE Nif Optimizer tool (linked in the second post) is the best option. :)

15 hours ago, Hanaisse said:

Thank you for the information, however, I feel I must clarify an important point; Not all meshes require conversion.

Most meshes made for original Skyrim will work just fine in SSE, especially statics as they already have tangents.

I can confirm this. Therefore I made an additional line to most of my uploaded Skyrim resources that they may be used in SSE too and that they should work without problems.