DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Sky] About Talking Activators

dolphin66th

Is it possible to make one a merchant?  Say, a talking skull or a crystal ball that can sell you crafting supplies?  Or would I have to make the object a custom race so I could create an NPC?

Edit: Also, if I wanted it to have the draugr or skeleton glowing eyes effect, how best to go about doing that?

Thanks!

Edited by dolphin66th

Doubtful, as you cannot add a talking activator to a faction needed for merchants. So it would have to be a custom race thing.

The draugr glowing eyes is part of the mesh. It also includes a magic effect (abFXDraugrEyes) and scripting which I presume turns the effect on and off.

Okay thanks :)  I kinda thought so, but worth asking all the same.  I suppose I could write the "what have you got for sale" dialogue but I wouldn't know how to link the activator to an inventory.  Easier just to make it a custom race so I can make an actor - that way I can make him a trainer too ;)

• 1 month later...