The_Good_Doctor

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

The post apocalyptic career for you!   6 members have voted

1. 1. Where in the Wellstone area would you most like to work?

• Fort Hospitaller
    • The Studios
    • The Market District
    • BoS HQ
    • Northstone District

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
624 posts in this topic

Where would you most enjoy working?

Fort Hospitaller: For healthcare providers and corpse enthusiasts alike!

The Studios: Where movie patriots and movie buffs go to turn their dreams into a fictional big screen reality!

The Market: You run Barter Town!

The BoS HQ: Make the wasteland great again!

Northstone: Why fix all this broken shit when you can use it to make something new?

The map:

Colonel could you please lock the other one when ou see this or Centurion's post on the other thread?

BTW, next time we have a chat to that length, take it to the actual OOC thread. That was off topic for the off topic discussion 

On the topic of the poll, I would probably not work for the Brotherhood. There really shady (crucifying, inquisition, and other crazy shit) Maybe be a post-apocalyptic bar tender.

Edited by bigbossbalrog

39 minutes ago, bigbossbalrog said:

BTW, next time we have a chat to that length, take it to the actual OOC thread. That was off topic for the off topic discussion 

You're absolutely right. Damn, I usually catch it when we get to doing that. 

Anyway, it's Fort Hospitaller for me. Seems like a fun place. And I've always wanted to mess with a fresh cadaver. The ones at school looked like draugr.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

You drive home for a few hours and you miss the whole damn debate. 

I'll make my comments brief. I think Haafingar would be really upset to have Elisif executed a couple years removed from the civil war, especially since she's done nothing wrong. And because claiming to do so in Ulfric's name is pretty strange considering he let her lived and married her. He clearly didn't think executing her to be the right move, and thought allying with her to be an even better move.

Now, I don't think it would be full blown rebellion, but withholding military and monetary support is a definite possibility. Allowing them to pick their Jarl might help but I don't know that it would do all that much. 

And finally killing her in High Hrothgar when Tullius, Ulfric, and Elenwen could all get together and respect the neutrality of the place seems not only dishonorable but cowardly and in complete violation of a tradition even the Thalmor honored. I don't think that would go over well, and I think the Greybeards would eat seriously pissed off their home was turned into a headsman's block. Especially since it would seem like Elisif was lured out by the prospect of the moot. And I don't think the idea she's a prisoner and her throne is her cell to be at all accurate since she didn't lose any power or influence within her city and hold.

All that said, I imagine it'll be handled well with the consequences appropriate and the dangers recognized. But Baldur definitely shouldn't take such a step lightly, and I'm not sure the benefits of such a move outweigh the downside. 

I lied, that wasn't all that brief, but I wanted to weigh in anyway. 

Though they don't have any military support to withhold, their guards are stormcloaks. Soldiers are recruited from all aspects of life, the main threat would be money.

37 minutes ago, BTCollins8 said:

You drive home for a few hours and you miss the whole damn debate. 

I'll make my comments brief. I think Haafingar would be really upset to have Elisif executed a couple years removed from the civil war, especially since she's done nothing wrong. And because claiming to do so in Ulfric's name is pretty strange considering he let her lived and married her. He clearly didn't think executing her to be the right move, and thought allying with her to be an even better move.

Now, I don't think it would be full blown rebellion, but withholding military and monetary support is a definite possibility. Allowing them to pick their Jarl might help but I don't know that it would do all that much. 

And finally killing her in High Hrothgar when Tullius, Ulfric, and Elenwen could all get together and respect the neutrality of the place seems not only dishonorable but cowardly and in complete violation of a tradition even the Thalmor honored. I don't think that would go over well, and I think the Greybeards would eat seriously pissed off their home was turned into a headsman's block. Especially since it would seem like Elisif was lured out by the prospect of the moot. And I don't think the idea she's a prisoner and her throne is her cell to be at all accurate since she didn't lose any power or influence within her city and hold.

I also highly disagree on "done nothing wrong" and the idea that she hasn't lost any power or influence. Her sole power and influence came from the Empire and her dead husband. She's Jarl by the grace of the Stormcloaks, her influence and power has been dealt a huge blow and continues to dwindle.

Maybe it's because I've been writing for Skyrim longer but y'all are definitely on the wrong page for Skyrim's modern state of politics. This is not Elisif fresh out of the civil war. This is not the Skyrim it was before, and the Jarls do not hold the same power that they used to. Skyrim's going through a change equivalent of Nazi germany minus the genocide. Mostly.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I also highly disagree on "done nothing wrong" 

I think he means she's done nothing wrong in the years since her pardon. That's what I meant on the last thread at least. 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Maybe it's because I've been writing for Skyrim longer but y'all are definitely on the wrong page for Skyrim's modern state of politics. This is not Elisif fresh out of the civil war. This is not the Skyrim it was before, and the Jarls do not hold the same power that they used to. Skyrim's going through a change equivalent of Nazi germany minus the genocide. Mostly.

If your going with that , that's a bad thing. Look what happened to Nazi Germany in the end.

Heil Fuhrer Baldur, eh?

1 minute ago, bigbossbalrog said:

If your going with that , that's a bad thing. Look what happened to Nazi Germany in the end.

Heil Fuhrer Baldur, eh?

Well I never said things would end in rainbows and unicorns, lol. 

32 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I also highly disagree on "done nothing wrong" and the idea that she hasn't lost any power or influence. Her sole power and influence came from the Empire and her dead husband. She's Jarl by the grace of the Stormcloaks, her influence and power has been dealt a huge blow and continues to dwindle.

25 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

I think he means she's done nothing wrong in the years since her pardon. That's what I meant on the last thread at least. 

That's exactly what I meant. She's done nothing wrong since the pardon. 

I guess her loss of power or influence is something that hasn't been shown since we haven't seen the internal politics of her hold in a while. Last we saw she didn't have much power because Ulfric was there, and since then we haven't seen Solitude. I believe you that this is all true since you're in charge of Skyrim, we just haven't seen it. 

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think this is due to the fact the stories we've read in Skyrim haven't really shown the holds or jarls outside of Ulfric and Windhelm and Baldur and Kyne's Watch. We haven't gotten much of a view into the governance of the holds to see the jarls losing power. Though we did get some look into that in both Markarth and Riften relying on the Stormcloaks to put down their respective insurrections. Of course this isn't to say you should've been showing us these politics. They haven't really been relevant in REBBA's story. 

I could be forgetting some instances of the changing Jarl influence though. If that's the case, disregard what I said above. 

I guess it's my bad for as you said, not focusing on that though it's hard for me to write as Ulfric for longer than a few snippets for risk of portraying him incorrectly after a time. And Baldur being a general didn't need much interaction with jarls.

Then again a lot of this I just figured people would know or assume from the Stormcloak victory and what a Skyrim filled with hand picked Jarls whose men owe fealty to Ulfric and swear fealty to him and the cause above all, rather than their Jarls would mean.

In any case, this moot and this war after gives me the perfect opportunity to showcase this, and the problems along with it.

2 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Anyway, it's Fort Hospitaller for me. Seems like a fun place. And I've always wanted to mess with a fresh cadaver. The ones at school looked like draugr.

I picked the Northstone district just because I imagine in the apocalypse I'd be the closest thing to a smith the Wellstone's got, and with them not being able to carry firearms, knifes and other holdout weapons such as makeshift brass-knuckles would be in high demand.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I guess it's my bad for as you said, not focusing on that though it's hard for me to write as Ulfric for longer than a few snippets for risk of portraying him incorrectly after a time. And Baldur being a general didn't need much interaction with jarls.

Then again a lot of this I just figured people would know or assume from the Stormcloak victory and what a Skyrim filled with hand picked Jarls whose men owe fealty to Ulfric and swear fealty to him and the cause above all, rather than their Jarls would mean.

In any case, this moot and this war after gives me the perfect opportunity to showcase this, and the problems along with it.

I don't think it's your bad it all. It hasn't been necessary and likely would've taken away from the stories you did write with Baldur and Ulfric. Involving unnecessary governance issues might've have been boring compared to the awesome grim trials and Ulfric Stormcloak Seeks Domestic Bliss.

A fair assumption. It's the same thing with the people Theo put in place after executing the traitors in High Rock. I guess the one question that we don't know is just how much power they lost, which we couldn't really intuit like the more general loss of power. I look forward to the moot even more now, because it'll be a perfect showcase for these issues, have some cool interactions with characters who don't normally meet, and potentially give is a Brund and Baldur showdown. 

8 minutes ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

I picked the Northstone district just because I imagine in the apocalypse I'd be the closest thing to a smith the Wellstone's got, and with them not being able to carry firearms, knifes and other holdout weapons such as makeshift brass-knuckles would be in high demand.

Funny you'd say that, because Witch is actually playing a smith in Wellstone. They have some. 

4 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Funny you'd say that, because Witch is actually playing a smith in Wellstone. They have some. 

Nice, that was just my thought process on it, but as you know that won't be my characters occupation.

4 minutes ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

Nice, that was just my thought process on it, but as you know that won't be my characters occupation.

I cant get the image of old man or woman ass in your mouth out my head XD

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I cant get the image of old man or woman ass in your mouth out my head XD

DAMN IT COLONEL, I just got that out of my head!!! Give me like 5 minutes lol.

edit: mhmm, if someone were to ravish the area, I wouldn't argue.

Edited by CenturionAquilarius