The_Good_Doctor

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

The post apocalyptic career for you!   6 members have voted

1. 1. Where in the Wellstone area would you most like to work?

• Fort Hospitaller
    • The Studios
    • The Market District
    • BoS HQ
    • Northstone District

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
624 posts in this topic
18 minutes ago, BTCollins8 said:

When Disney took over they settled on a new canon, basically throwing everything out except the Clone Wars tv show, the movies, and whatever was made after they bought it, which they gave their stamp of approval. Anything since the sale is canon. 

Hate and pain fuel the dark side but that's assuming Kylo is fully committed to and embraced the dark side, which I think isn't true. He certainly wants to embrace it, but the fact he wasn't a yellow eyed beast like Mustafar limbless Anakin means he hasn't fully embraced the dark side, and so the hate and pain probably held him back more than they helped him. 

Awesome way to look at it.

42 minutes ago, BTCollins8 said:

Hate and pain fuel the dark side but that's assuming Kylo is fully committed to and embraced the dark side, which I think isn't true. He certainly wants to embrace it, but the fact he wasn't a yellow eyed beast like Mustafar limbless Anakin means he hasn't fully embraced the dark side, and so the hate and pain probably held him back more than they helped him. 

Well said. This is definitely a point they try to hammer in throughout the movie. I think there's even a scene where he straight up says to Snoke that he can constantly feel the light pulling at him. 

Made a video so you can hear what I sound like better, last one kinda got on my nerves because I don't sound like that XD, I was tired and such.

XD **** you too. Nice desk top, btw. And I didn't say you sounded like a little bitch, just not how I imagined in my head, lmfao.

Edited by CenturionAquilarius

My bad, an Anon said that XD Though they said it jokingly, but still lol. 

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Made a video so you can hear what I sound like better, last one kinda got on my nerves because I don't sound like that XD, I was tired and such.

XD I was on YouTube for a completely different reason just now and stumbled on this by accident. Good shit. And don't worry about your voice, bud. We know you're a little bitch regardless of what you sound like.

And your other video was funny. I'm sure that guy or guys, I couldn't tell if it was 2 different people, were raging because of the suicide attacks. I know I would've.

37 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

XD I was on YouTube for a completely different reason just now and stumbled on this by accident. Good shit. And don't worry about your voice, bud. We know you're a little bitch regardless of what you sound like.

XD Little ******* are the most dangerous people around, just ask Kylo Ren, AKA Space Napoleon, lol.

38 minutes ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

And your other video was funny. I'm sure that guy or guys, I couldn't tell if it was 2 different people, were raging because of the suicide attacks. I know I would've.

I don't know how many different people I did that to on the whole, but that second attack killed two people at once, lol. The charge knocked Mei off the cliff as well as the Bastion guy I took with me XD 

I couldn't even rage at that, I'd just watch in disbelief, and eventually laugh because that's some smart thinking, if I do say so myself, lol. Fastest way to stop a threat, and we took the point after that too. Mei, Bastion and D.Va cause a lot of hell in the objective points.

32 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don't know how many different people I did that to on the whole, but that second attack killed two people at once, lol. The charge knocked Mei off the cliff as well as the Bastion guy I took with me XD 

I couldn't even rage at that, I'd just watch in disbelief, and eventually laugh because that's some smart thinking, if I do say so myself, lol. Fastest way to stop a threat, and we took the point after that too. Mei, Bastion and D.Va cause a lot of hell in the objective points.

No idea what you just said there, but ok. XD I tried to play overwatch at a friends house and I sucked a fat nut at it. I'd still rage, lol.

That's what my friend in the vid said at first too until he found some he was good at ;) Just gotta figure out where you fit in the mix. I can't shoot the wide side of a barn as any of the offense guys, so Genji is who I play from there, I play junkrat when we need defense characters on certain maps or when Reinhardt isn't working out since that's my go to heavy guy, no aiming required lol, or Hanzo who for whatever reason I can actually kill people with even though he uses a ******* bow lol, and healers, I find Mercy and the silly music playing black dude (ugh why is that our hero, ******* christ) to be the most useful to the team.

And I gotta say now that I'm more versed in the game and the lore, I definitely see why Tumblr wet themselves over this game. Seriously, a movement for free love and harmony between machines and humans? Wtf, lol, I laughed pretty hard when Widow Maker shot that dude and the white chick with the robo boyfriend's reaction was priceless. 

31 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I laughed pretty hard when Widow Maker shot that dude and the white chick with the robo boyfriend's reaction was priceless. 

Glad I'm not the only one. Lol, When Tracer was all like "Why?!" I was thinking "To taste your tears, bitch!"

12 minutes ago, bigbossbalrog said:

I used to be such A genji fanboy, until this ruined everything

Genji didn't do a good enough job of that himself? :P 

5 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Genji didn't do a good enough job of that himself? :P 

Dude he's a CYBORG Ninja. Its like playing as Grey Fox or Raiden. Hanzo is the edgy loser, not Genji

1 minute ago, bigbossbalrog said:

Its like playing as Grey Fox or Raiden.

Here lies the problem. 

Lol I was kidding anyway. I've never played as Genji. I'm not particularly interest in him or Hanzo though.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That's what my friend in the vid said at first too until he found some he was good at ;) Just gotta figure out where you fit in the mix. I can't shoot the wide side of a barn as any of the offense guys, so Genji is who I play from there, I play junkrat when we need defense characters on certain maps or when Reinhardt isn't working out since that's my go to heavy guy, no aiming required lol, or Hanzo who for whatever reason I can actually kill people with even though he uses a ******* bow lol, and healers, I find Mercy and the silly music playing black dude (ugh why is that our hero, ******* christ) to be the most useful to the team.

And I gotta say now that I'm more versed in the game and the lore, I definitely see why Tumblr wet themselves over this game. Seriously, a movement for free love and harmony between machines and humans? Wtf, lol, I laughed pretty hard when Widow Maker shot that dude and the white chick with the robo boyfriend's reaction was priceless. 

I main Zarya, and am pretty proficient with the rest of the tanks. I also use the healers quite a bit, mostly Lucio. For defense I go with Mei, but I don't play defense much. Offense I use McCree, Reaper, Tracer, and Soldier 76, though I don't use them that often either. Not in competitive, anyway. In  quick play I either use whatever character I want to practice with or some random person I don't usually play. Except the Hanzo and Widowmaker. I can use Ana alright but the other snipers I'm trash with.  

Im guessing that, based on this is a world with talking gorillas, time traveling jet pilots, and 1% human cyborg ninjas, that robots have actual sentience. Especially since Zenyatta seems to be a philosopher and not just a human facsimile (looking at you, synths). It definitely seems like these robots are supposed to be more sentient that Fallout 4's synths. The world is supposed to be that way, anyway. It's not really explained their sentience. They had enough to start a war and then some become peaceful, though. 

But I like the game because the characters are all pretty cool and the gameplay is fun. And since new characters get added it can change how other characters used to play. And it being teambased with so many different heroes mean there's a lot of room for variation in how you win. I've seen some people wreck with Torbjorn on attack which takes a lot of skill with him. One guy is an ungodly Lucio player and plays him more like an attack hero.

And if it's any consolation, Colonel, I think Terry Crews is voicing Doomfist. That's the rumor, anyway. 

I finally got Elder Scrolls: Total War to work and while it is a bit bare bones compared to Third Age and Stainless Steel the thing is amazing, I highly suggest it if any of you have Medieval 2.

4 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Here lies the problem. 

Lol I was kidding anyway. I've never played as Genji. I'm not particularly interest in him or Hanzo though.

Gengi is the ultimate weaboo bait, but to be honest a lot of these characters were designed to be kind of stereotypically fun. That's the only reason a character like Reaper could have ever been brought to the forefront and withstand the crucifixion the fans were lining up to give his ass.

So, I shit on it and the uber Liberal bait lore but the game is very fun, including the characters.

Except D.Va and that guy with the speaker gun, lol. They may as well have given him a bucket of chicken to heal the party with.

And D.Va seems purposefully made into the textbook definition of Mary Sue, but again, it is absurd enough to be funny and me like her inclusion a little. Even if she is effortless to play as.

So, @BTCollins, I finally got past level 25 today, currently 26, and it seems the more I play, the more my skills refine themselves, and it seems pretty clear my two best mains are Reinhardt obviously, and the one guy I never thought I'd like but now love... Junkrat XD

Throwing mines in people's faces and blasting them away from objectives, peppering the battlefield with nubetubes... I love it, they took my Call of Duty Modern Warfare strategies and made it into a character lol, I pretty much just alternated between those two all day and me and my boy wiped the floor with everyone.

I especially love that I can mine hop from my own explosions and not be injured LOL.

Oh and 3 v 3 elimination is my favorite thing now, so long as I have people to talk to, which makes a world of difference in that mode. 5 wins in a row before we finally got bored and left, lol. 8 if you count the times the team quit, which pissed me off because I don't think they count those games. 

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

Oh and I may as well go ahead and admit now I'm racist to robots, because I got that they were sentient in this game and I still didn't like that shit. Kill em all widowmaker. It's like these people have never seen Futurama, lol.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh and I may as well go ahead and admit now I'm racist to robots, because I got that they were sentient in this game and I still didn't like that shit. Kill em all widowmaker. It's like these people have never seen Futurama, lol.

**** robots