The_Good_Doctor

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

The Queendom of Space World   6 members have voted

1. 1. Congratulations! The year is 2279, and a Lady of the Queendom has taken it upon herself to pay your debts to a certain local crime boss. The downside? You are now her serf. What do you do?

• Accept your new life. There are worse things than being a servant.
    • Embrace the Queendom's culture. Work hard, train hard, and win your freedom in a tournament!
    • Use your charisma to sow discord among your fellow serfs. Start an uprising!
    • Assassinate your Lady for an ambitious rival noblewoman to earn her favor.
    • Hack some of the Queendom's machinery, causing absolute mayhem! Use the distraction to escape.
    • Quietly sneak away and never look back.
    • Use your agility and charisma to get the Lady into bed, rock her world, make her toes curl, and become her favorite pet.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
459 posts in this topic

So since the Fallout RP is going to be starting before long, we decided to do something special. Now as Colonel pointed out in the last thread. we haven't done a lot to flesh out some of the smaller factions in and around the Brotherhood city of Wellstone (where part 1 will predominantly take place). This gave Witch the the idea for us to use the polls as a sort of mini "choose your own adventure" -styled game in which we present a scenario involving one of these factions and give everyone choices for how they would prefer to get through that scenario. This will give us the opportunity to play with them a bit as a group, one at a time, and flesh them out together.

I thought that sounded like a blast, myself, so let's see how this works out!

Scenario 1: The Queendom of Space World

Some info on Soace World

In the Old World, it was a space-oriented theme park just north of the Missouri River, built several miles northeast of Wellstone proper. By all accounts, the park was empty when the Brotherhood moved into the area, and it wasn't until some time after Wellstone's establishment that the locals began to notice strange lights and noises coming from within. No one knows who founded the Queendom, nor how. But they must have been a great mechanic, for most of the park's animatronics, machinery, and even robots have been returned to working order. They were probably female though, given that the place operates as a strict Matriarchy, based on their ideas of how feudalism worked in the Middle Ages. Why this mix of sci-fi technology with medieval culture? Well they're obviously crazy. The Brotherhood tolerates them because despite their eccentricities, they are loyal "vassals". 

-This was kind of a crash course. I can answer any questions if y'all have any.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

Also, I'm thinking that the option with the most votes could get integrated into the canon of the RP. Thoughts?

Got a question for yall's opinion, The commission is coming along nicely and will be finished some time between tonight to Monday. What I gotta ask is does this look fitting for a man of Atmoran ancestry?

Berahthram-Face.jpg

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Well he's a bearded white dude who is presumably tall, so yeah I'd say he fits the bill. 

Righto, Though you know the inspiration for the racial/physical appearance and I don't want to say what it is until everyone has a chance to speak their mind. It'll be a doozy when I say what it is though.

12 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Also, I'm thinking that the option with the most votes could get integrated into the canon of the RP. Thoughts?

As long as it doesn't really disrupt things too much I could see it work as a recent historical event. Would be such a waste if the uprising just wipes them out before Queendom could appear in the RP proper.

Ha this is a really cool idea. 

One problem. 

Where's the "use your agility and charisma to get the lady into bed, rock her world make her toes curl, and become the Lady's lover and rule together." option?

Just now, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

As long as it doesn't really disrupt things too much I could see it work as a recent historical event. Would be such a waste if the uprising just wipes them out before Queendom could appear in the RP proper.

I should've clarified. The uprising would not bring down the Queendom. Just the Lady who bought you. An in-house servant uprising, if you will. 

At best, whichever one wins will just be a funny little historic event in the RP. The Queendom ain't going anywhere unless it happens in the actual RP. 

Just call me Brick, but instead of "I punch her", I smash.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ha this is a really cool idea. 

One problem. 

Where's the "use your agility and charisma to get the lady into bed, rock her world make her toes curl, and become the Lady's lover and rule together." option?

It's the last option. Not sure how you missed it. :P 

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

It's the last option. Not sure how you missed it. :P 

You sneaky sneaky bastard!

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl:

Frankly, I am ashamed that I didn't include an option like this from the beginning. A seduction option should really be obligatory in most scenarios. :P 

I guess it's because I already checked off charisma with the uprising thing. 

I wanna change my vote damnit... That's the lady killer option really, we gotta level up first to get that, that's why.

I usually advocate that any option that's too obviously going to picked by everyone should be removed. Though if we will have that option I would remove "rule together" part because that goes against it being a strict matriarchy. Make it more like becoming a favorite pet.

5 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

I usually advocate that any option that's too obviously going to picked by everyone should be removed. Though if we will have that option I would remove "rule together" part because that goes against it being a strict matriarchy. Make it more like becoming a favorite pet.

You're right about the rule together part. I just copy pasted Colonel's post as-is because I thought it was hilarious. But now I've changed it to be more RP lore-friendly. No more ruling. You're a priveledged concubine now. 

4 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Sex slave/buddy. I'd be down with that. LONG LIVE THE MONARCHY!

Catch is you can only bang her. I'd use my newfound liberties to make escape easier when I get bored.

"LONG LIVE THE MONARCHY!"

~Sir RoyalKillaBee the First of Britain.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

:rofl: ******* hell. I'm so glad you thought of this, Witch. What a fun idea. I can add more polls with different factions over time, if we want. 

1 minute ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

:rofl: ******* hell. I'm so glad you thought of this, Witch. What a fun idea. I can add more polls with different factions over time, if we want. 

But if you can't recast your vote, can you cast a vote on an expanded poll?

Just now, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

But if you can't recast your vote, can you cast a vote on an expanded poll?

Actually I don't think you can, now that you mention it. :shrug: we can just do several for the next thread then. 

Serious question for you guys, Since there isn't really specific Scythian instruments with the closest being their southern Iranian counterparts should I look to that or do as I originally planned and have the whole of Roscrea have more historical Celtic instruments be it for war or pleasure?

This as an example of what I originally went for.

As with taking what works I don't think the more Persian instrumental style would be fitting.

Meant to say for the Casurgians, Not for all of Roscrea.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Serious question for you guys, Since there isn't really specific Scythian instruments with the closest being their southern Iranian counterparts should I look to that or do as I originally planned and have the whole of Roscrea have more historical Celtic instruments be it for war or pleasure?

This as an example of what I originally went for.

As with taking what works I don't think the more Persian instrumental style would be fitting.

I'll say as I always have: I think the Celtic and Germanic influences you've taken make much more sense than anything Scythian.