The_Good_Doctor

Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

The Queendom of Space World   7 members have voted

1. 1. Congratulations! The year is 2279, and a Lady of the Queendom has taken it upon herself to pay your debts to a certain local crime boss. The downside? You are now her serf. What do you do?

• Accept your new life. There are worse things than being a servant.
    • Embrace the Queendom's culture. Work hard, train hard, and win your freedom in a tournament!
    • Use your charisma to sow discord among your fellow serfs. Start an uprising!
    • Assassinate your Lady for an ambitious rival noblewoman to earn her favor.
    • Hack some of the Queendom's machinery, causing absolute mayhem! Use the distraction to escape.
    • Quietly sneak away and never look back.
    • Use your agility and charisma to get the Lady into bed, rock her world, make her toes curl, and become her favorite pet.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
861 posts in this topic

LOL ******* Ragnar. Knows right away Lagthera and Astrid are *******.

Season 4, @The_Good_Doctor

I thought Bjorn was gonna kill Rollo when he got out to sea and tossed him under the boat. I still have no ******* clue what the point of that was but whatever. When they got to Spain and Floki was in that muslim church and they were just doing their thing without messing with him I was like wtf is going and then decapitation. lmfao. Also I got a laugh out of that one guy who tried to get fancy with his dagger and Bjorn just smokechecks him with his axe. Great times.

3 minutes ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

Season 4, @The_Good_Doctor

Hide contents

I thought Bjorn was gonna kill Rollo when he got out to sea and tossed him under the boat. I still have no ******* clue what the point of that was but whatever. When they got to Spain and Floki was in that muslim church and they were just doing their thing without messing with him I was like wtf is going and then decapitation. lmfao. Also I got a laugh out of that one guy who tried to get fancy with his dagger and Bjorn just smokechecks him with his axe. Great times.

Season 4b spoilers, Balrog. ;) 

Yeah, so did I. I was just sitting there thinking about how ******* lame a conclusion this was going to be to Rollo's arc. All that shit with Paris, and all that character growth just for him to get idiotically drowned 30 seconds into his arrival in this half of the season. I think that the point of it was to get back at him as much as they reasonably could without killing him. I took it as a reverse baptism of sorts, where they took his Christian baptism with water and corrupted it to bring him back over to their side. Idk, it was a weird scene. I did enjoy Rollo's laughing at the end of it though.

The raid in Spain was great. Every now and then the show needs to do things like that to remind us that the Vikings, badass as they are, did plenty of horrible shit. The part with the women caught me off-guard though, since this was kind of the first time Bjorn had been shown to truly unleash his darker side. I guess his utter lack of shit given about his daughter dying in a ditch of starvation should've been a good indicator that he is by no means the caring good guy that Ragnar was often depicted as. The scene in the mosque confused me. I don't understand why Floki is so intrigued by their religion while having so much contempt for the Christian one. He sees an equal level of bravery and devotion from Christian characters all throughout the show (Athelstan, for example. Or Ecbert's death), but he responds to their lack of fear mockingly and with hate. What did the Muslims do in that scene that he hadn't seen before?
And Bjorn's "boss fight" with that dude in the hallway was a riot. Here I was thinking that this guy was gonna be on their level, and Ironside just smacks him aside like it's nothing.

Still, as cool as it was, I hope that Bjorn's return to the Mediterranean isn't all raids. I think it's well past time that we got to see more of the explorers/trader side of them that they're also famous for.

LOL dont know what the hell you guys were talking about, 

I was cheering at Lagetha's hostile take over.

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

LOL dont know what the hell you guys were talking about, 

Hide contents

I was cheering at Lagetha's hostile take over.

What episode are you on?

Just now, CenturionAquilarius said:

What episode are you on?

Just finished 13

So

Aethelwulf  was saving Magnus's life? That line "There are monsters in the villa...." is basically saying the King has no longer any use for him, and that he needs to leave now?

Posted (edited)

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

So

Hide contents

Aethelwulf  was saving Magnus's life? That line "There are monsters in the villa...." is basically saying the King has no longer any use for him, and that he needs to leave now?

I don't think he was saving his life so much as telling him that he was screwed no matter what. Basically "You'll probably die out there, but we're done feeding you so get out."

Ecbert isn't such a monster that he would murder a child for no reason, but he's not such a saint that he would take care of some random bastard.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

2 minutes ago, bigbossbalrog said:

So

Reveal hidden contents

Basically what doc said. Magnus was a pawn from the moment he was born. With him no longer being useful, Ecbert was either going to kill him or exile him and it seems the latter was the option they went with. Also I'm pretty sure Aethelwulf wanted him to die when he told him to tell people he was the son of Ragnar and they would "take care of him". So yeah, lol, Magnus is fucked.

New thread and poll are up. Continue your posts there. :thumbsup:

Colonel, please lock this thread when you read it.