DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Buying a new computer...

I cannot play Skyrim, both of them, my graphics card is not recognised and they are playing on the integrated graphics. The latest drivers are installed.

Edit: after restarting the computer, Skyrim SE launches on ultra settings, Skyrim original still starts on the integrated graphics. I noticed that the "RendererInfo.txt" is missing from the My Games/Skyrim directory.

Edit 2: on pressing "play" Skyrim SE reset its settings on low and starts on the integrated graphics.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

45 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

You should be able to force the game to use the better video solution in the Nvidia control panel.

Either that, or disable the integrated video in bios.

Yep, I found those same advices on some forums; I just feel a bit odd at the idea of disabling the integrated video in the bios...

I found out how to hook the games to the GTX 970M card in the Nvidia control panel and I did it. What happens now is that, when I double click on the launcher for Skyrim SE, the game is set to "ultra settings" but  when I click on play, the game is reset to "low settings". So what I did is deleting the inis, launch the launcher and set the ultra settings inis on read only, so that when I click on play, the game is not reset to low settings. If anyone understand this behaviour, I'd be glad to know about it.

As for Skyrim original, it now launches on ultra high settings and the "RendererInfo.txt" has been created this time!

Okay, things go better. ;)

Edit: for those who may need it, here is the post that helped me, #4 in this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-/60960884

Thank you for bearing with me!

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Hhhmmm..... that's kinda odd. Wonder if the launcher isn't cluing in the game that it created the files? That's the only time I am aware of that it goes exploring for hardware.....

Although, I seem to remember having the same trouble with FO4 as well.... had to adjust the settings with the in-game menu, and then any changes I made elsewhere actually stuck.

My computer and I have spent the week-end getting better acquainted. I managed to make a colour profile in which greys are real greys, not brown, using MSI's True Color tool and Intel's card tool; it took hours though until I found a solution that would fit all the uses I'm going to make of that computer. I'm feeling better now; I was really worrying about that. :)

16 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Yeah, but, that those aren't YOURS. :D

So how do you like it so far? Things working as they should now?

Well, I still have difficulties with the colour profile but things are better on that front.

But... I have an enormous problem, not related to the new computer: I cannot uninstall the Creation Kit for the special edition. I uninstalled it through the Bethesda.net launcher but a load of crap remains in the Skyrim folder. When I try to delete them, I get an error message saying that I need a permission from ... myself ... to do so! :doh: Being the admin of my computer, this shouldn't happen. I even uninstalled the launcher, to no avail...