DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] CK Questions

Lissy

Hi. I have been trying to find out some certain information for the Skyrim Creation Kit and I don't know which section of the forum to post these questions in. In the render window, I see some varying colored boxes in the exterior places. I have tried to find out what these are for but the closest info I found was collision boxes? I will try to include some example screenshots. I wanted to know what they were for, or what I can do about them because they are at my ideal locations for my personal house mods.

purple box01.png

Blue Box01.png

red boxes 02.png

Strange Boxes01.png

RedBoxes01.png

Those are various "Markers". In this case, they were a setup for the Civil War but the seige on Markarth was cut from content before publishing. It's basically left over garbage now.

Do not try to delete them (you'll just cause issues). You can safely ignore them and build your personal house though. The best way to 'ignore' them is to either 1) turn of Markers from view or 2) click on the boxes and hit the #1 key twice to make it temp disappear so you can see what you're doing.

Ah ok. Well there are some mods that add "cut content" I think but I can probably just check what areas they affect. Most of these screenshots are near Nilheim, which is somewhere between Ivarstead and Riften at the tall waterfall.  Thank you for responding. :) 

1 hour ago, Lissy said:

Ah ok. Well there are some mods that add "cut content" I think but I can probably just check what areas they affect. Most of these screenshots are near Nilheim, which is somewhere between Ivarstead and Riften at the tall waterfall.  Thank you for responding. :) 

It would be safer that you build your house in a place that is completely void of any of these boxes, most of them are triggers, linked to quests. The blue things in the first screenshot are effects, not triggers, so it would be safe building in a place that has some. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

2 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

It would be safer that you build your house in a place that is completely void of any of these boxes, most of them are triggers, linked to quests. The blue things in the first screenshot are effects, not triggers, so it would be safe building in a place that has some. :)

Ah dang. That spot was so nice to and a great view (screenshot 3).  Though the first screenshot has purple box, and the second one has the blue, but ok,  blue is effects. I wish some of this stuff was in tutorials unless it is explained somewhere in the classroom lessons on this site. I have actually thought about going through the classes even though I already know some of the material in case there is some parts I have missed. :)

6 minutes ago, Lissy said:

... I wish some of this stuff was in tutorials unless it is explained somewhere in the classroom lessons on this site. ...

You just have to select them in the render view and double click on them to know what these coloured boxes are. :)

I followed the classes myself months after I began modding; I already knew a fair amount of things but the course taught me a lot. ;)

Well the only info I had found by clicking on the object is in this new screenshot. I had tried looking up the terms and I didn't find anything useful at the time. I think what was most confusing for me about this was when I was looking at video tutorials for the CK (not on this site, on YouTube), I could see the modders putting stuff over these kinds of boxes or inside them if they are really big. Nothing really was mentioned about these boxes and because I see them everywhere I was kinda left wondering whether it was actually ok to do something with them or not. Either way I have plenty of time to learn about them because its not like my mods are gonna be finished anytime soon. I think I will for certain go to the classes and see if that helps to "fill in the gaps", and take your suggestion and avoid building over or even removing the boxes for now just to be on the safe side.

RedBoxEditInfo.png