DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

I need help finding the correct versions of Blender, Python nif scripts, PyFFI and NifSkope.

I have been modding for Morrowind and Oblivion for quite some time, mostly involved in making armour in Morrrowind, Oblivion not so much. I use Blender and thus am now attempting to try and make a helmet in Skyrim but I have had no luck finding the specific versions of the programs I need to be able to import/export nif files into Blender. I have been able to find the correct versions seemingly. I have installed Blender 2.49b, Blender_nif_scripts-2.5.9.77b0815, PyFFI 2.1.11.cefd181.win32, Python-2.6.6. I am using the most recent version of NifSkope 2.0 Alpha and I have attempted to set the users 1 and to from 12 and 83 to 11 and 34 as well as removed the BSLightingShaderProperty. Upon saving the model in NifSkope for the process of importing into Blender I receive the Python script error stating that the array is too long in Blender when attempting to import. If anyone knows any links to more relevant versions of Blender, Python nif scripts, PyFFI, and NifSkope I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you.

Perhaps I might be able to export the skeleton nodes as a .obj file as this tutorial states. I will have to export the mesh in that format as well since I can not work around the python import error with skyrim nif files. I may perhaps be able though to import both as .obj and do my linking and then export as nif then perhaps find a way to make it work in NifSkope.

Many thanks.

I can import Morrowind and Oblivion nifs. I am attempting to make a helmet and am thust trying to import malehead.nif. I was unsure if I needed to change the user numbers to anything besides 11 and 34. Can I simply change the NiTriShape name or delete it all together? I will have to attempt this method.

Thank you much!

Changing the User Versions and deleting the BSLightingShaderProperty block (entire block, not just that branch) is all you need to do. :)

Post a picture of the exact error message you see in Blender, and post a picture of your "import ready" mesh that you're using. Issues like this require more details than just 'it doesn't work'.

Ah, I was waiting for Hana to step in here.  She knows how.  I was going to mention the "order of install" for blender 2.49 and stuff. I`ve had troubles stemming from placement of the python and nif scripts stuff. Armor rigging twists my brain so I held off.  Please don`t give up, you`ll get it. When you do ... I guarantee you`ll jump for joy.

On 2017-03-25 at 2:52 AM, OngaaftheUnliving said:

When I remove BSShaderPPLightingProperty for the NiTriShape of my helmet, the helmet mesh is deleted. Is that supposed to happen?

No, absolutely not. The mesh will turn blank until you add a new  Skyrim BSLightingShaderProperty, but it won't be deleted.