jamochawoke

I thought this place died, any way I can help?

This site is very important to me. I used to link people here all the time for modding tutorials but they started telling me that it was down. For months I kept getting this:

Warning: require_once(init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tesa/public_html/index.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tesa/public_html/index.php on line 12

when going to the homepage tesalliance.org. I just so happened to follow a Google link to an old topic I had written here and *BOOM* you exist!

I am both happy and sad. Is there something wrong with the site? Something I can do to help?

Well, they need money, but, beside this, you can contribute here to keep the site up in search engine lists. ;)

We have gone down for a day or two at a time, but, that's about it. Certainly not for a week or more. Might wanna check your shortcuts, and see if they are still valid. Flushing your browser cache might not be a bad idea either. :D

Hiya Jamo, there have been changes that took a bit to accomplish but I`m sure you can see this. Long story but maybe you can browse through old threads and get an idea of the sequencer of events.  Really good to see ya here. Some of us are active on AFK Mods too, as well as Druid Gameworks (kinda quiet there though.).

On 28/3/2017 at 11:01 PM, HeyYou said:

We have gone down for a day or two at a time, but, that's about it. Certainly not for a week or more. Might wanna check your shortcuts, and see if they are still valid. Flushing your browser cache might not be a bad idea either. :D

I get the same message when I type the address "tesalliance.org" into the address bar. That's with no shortcuts and the cache cleared. It's been like that for months. To get to the forums I need to use tesalliance.org/forums. If someone is trying to get to the site and doesn't know about that, they'll most likely assume that the site is down. I'm sure that's happened to many people. It should be fixed to redirect to tesalliance.org/forums.

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, RabidGears said:

I get the same message when I type the address "tesalliance.org" into the address bar. That's with no shortcuts and the cache cleared. It's been like that for months. To get to the forums I need to use tesalliance.org/forums. If someone is trying to get to the site and doesn't know about that, they'll most likely assume that the site is down. I'm sure that's happened to many people. It should be fixed to redirect to tesalliance.org/forums.

It's true:

Capture.thumb.jpg.77b50c66deeed6e7c0ec06eb4c1f4e34.jpg

and entering tesalliance.org/forums does work. ;)

Personally, these forums are one of my home pages alongside Unity3d.com forums and my mail provider.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

5 minutes ago, ladyonthemoon said:

but entering tesalliance.org/forums works. ;)

But my point still stands: If someone doesn't know about it, then they'll most likely think the site is down.

It's not good practice to have an error page for the base home address.

Yeah, I think that's something that needs to be addressed. I will point that out to DR. :)

Thanks.

It's fixed, honestly thought Wind fixed it months ago and none of my bookmarks are set to the main url so didn't notice it was still misdirecting. We merged the homepage with the forums index awhile back since folks never went to the homepage. :)

On 3/31/2017 at 6:36 AM, RabidGears said:

But my point still stands: If someone doesn't know about it, then they'll most likely think the site is down.

It's not good practice to have an error page for the base home address.

That's true, and not something we would have done intentionally. :lol:

Also, just so you all know, the site is now flagged by Google as possibly hacked. Made me a little wary at first. Probably keeps some people from donating too. I'm guessing it has something to do with the recent homepage errors. I did see that Google has a way for the webmaster to get the "hacked" warning removed... maybe someone with admin rights could do that? :-) 

This site is awesome and I just don't want people to be scared away.hacked.thumb.JPG.5d6ae5fd8b8eb9ac9ff07d245036b33a.JPGhacked2.thumb.JPG.4684b2571bc96470197133d1fb59b3e3.JPG

I'll point this out to DR.

Thanks for the heads up.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but the links for the tutorials don't work, at least for me. It's been like that for months. The only way to get at them is to use the search box or google to find them.

27 minutes ago, RabidGears said:

Also, I don't know if you know this, but the links for the tutorials don't work, at least for me. It's been like that for months. The only way to get at them is to use the search box or google to find them.

Thanks. Added that to the report.

The site was hacked back in January and the issues Google cites were fixed months ago, Google is just out of date. I've requested a review.

The Tutorials module needs an update but it costs money to renew ad we're barely keeping the lights on at the moment. Soon as I can afford it, Ill update the module. :salute: