The_Good_Doctor

Civil War Aftermath OOC #70

981 posts in this topic

70. We've done 70 of these. That's crazy.

Anyway, continue.

So here's a topic that I thought seemed fun. Who is a character from Tamrielic history that your own characters would consider their biggest hero? Excluding gods or demigods like Wulfharth. And it doesn't have to be someone that they actually know about IC. 

My answers:

Boldir- Ulfric Stormcloak
Endar- Divayth Fyr, the oldest and greatest wizard in Dunmer history. 
Mila- Finna, daughter of Jofrior, the 12 year old Nord who slew the Snow Prince.
Asgen- Either Durcorach the Black Drake, or Mercedene the "Beast of the Reach".
Faida- Potema the Wolf Queen

6 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

So here's a topic that I thought seemed fun. Who is a character from Tamrielic history that your own characters would consider their biggest hero? Excluding gods or demigods like Wulfharth. And it doesn't have to be someone that they actually know about IC. 

My answers:

Boldir- Ulfric Stormcloak
Endar- Divayth Fyr, the oldest and greatest wizard in Dunmer history. 
Mila- Finna, daughter of Jofrior, the 12 year old Nord who slew the Snow Prince.
Asgen- Either Durcorach the Black Drake, or Mercedene the "Beast of the Reach".
Faida- Potema the Wolf Queen

Ah shit, Tamrielic history.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Ah shit, Tamrielic history.

Real world history would be pretty interesting too. 

8 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Gracchus: Ocato of Firsthold

Theo: Queen Elysana

Tacitus: Admiral Bendu Olo (there is a serious dearth admirals/naval figures in the lore, and Richton looks too prissy)

Morane: Herself. No, wait Winvale. In all likelihood, Azra Nightwielder 

Posted (edited)

Baldur: Captain Burd. He grew up hearing stories of him in Bruma actually but it never came up in the rp. Not grandiose ones but real ones including his tactics against the Daedra.

Brund: He has no heroes. He's better than everyone.

Maori: lol Gaenor

Daric: also the girl who killed the snow elf, and the kid in the books Beggar Thief Warrior King. Eslaf.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

Lorgar: His Prince, Hircine, Lord of the Hunt

Avitus: No one. Avitus hates everyone in history.

Lilly: Her mother, in a really twisted way

Dales:  Saint Aleesia, and Reman Cyrodiil, Emperor of Tamriel

6 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Real world history would be pretty interesting too. 

I was joking about how all my characters are Roscrean and thus not Tamrielic.

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Baldur: Captain Burd. He grew up hearing stories of him in Bruma actually but it never came up in the rp. Not grandiose ones but real ones including his tactics against the Daedra.

Somehow I this alliance of men reminds me very strongly of this video:

Just now, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Reveal hidden contents

:rofl::rofl::rofl: 

Great post, y'all. I just finished. Some bullet points down below.

-I'll admit, I expected Dales to be much more aggressive towards Roland during their initial meeting. They got along shockingly well. That political marriage may not have been the worst thing in the world for them. 

-This is gonna sound weird, but I was glad to see a tiny mention of Ivarstead. I doubt everyone who is traveling with all these leaders is going to be squeezing into High Hrothgar, so that village is going to be booming in the coming weeks. This makes me happy considering that so many folks from Riften ended up there. Lots of rich people and soldiers = lots of opportunity = more happiness for the people of Riften.

-Also, you foreigners keep talking about Baldur and Brund and even freaking Elisif, but once again, you ignore the most obvious candidate for High King, Skald the Elder. You'll see. The Nords loved Ulfric, and none did more-so than Skald. These other leaders will bring about change, when what we need is comfortable stagnancy with a dash of giant murder. Only High King Skald will give you that.

- "If Baldur had a plan for that, he told me not. Methinks it would be unwise. The thu'um is very dangerous if exploited, and I can see many Nords using for nefarious ends. And that prospect would mean facing the Greybeards fury."

Spoken like a true Imperial. :P I don't think the Greybeards' fury is anything that Skyrim will have to worry about outside of High Hrothgar. They are pacifists, and if they were willing to harm others for using the thu'um for war, Ulfric would have died before his rebellion ever took hold.

-"Reminds me of my former spymaster."

:( 

4 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh god, my sides hurt. That's hilarious. The part with Winston and the very end is what really did it. 

3 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

-I'll admit, I expected Dales to be much more aggressive towards Roland during their initial meeting. They got along shockingly well. That political marriage may not have been the worst thing in the world for them. 

-This is gonna sound weird, but I was glad to see a tiny mention of Ivarstead. I doubt everyone who is traveling with all these leaders is going to be squeezing into High Hrothgar, so that village is going to be booming in the coming weeks. This makes me happy considering that so many folks from Riften ended up there. Lots of rich people and soldiers = lots of opportunity = more happiness for the people of Riften.

-Also, you foreigners keep talking about Baldur and Brund and even freaking Elisif, but once again, you ignore the most obvious candidate for High King, Skald the Elder. You'll see. The Nords loved Ulfric, and none did more-so than Skald. These other leaders will bring about change, when what we need is comfortable stagnancy with a dash of giant murder. Only High King Skald will give you that.

- "If Baldur had a plan for that, he told me not. Methinks it would be unwise. The thu'um is very dangerous if exploited, and I can see many Nords using for nefarious ends. And that prospect would mean facing the Greybeards fury."

Spoken like a true Imperial. :P I don't think the Greybeards' fury is anything that Skyrim will have to worry about outside of High Hrothgar. They are pacifists, and if they were willing to harm others for using the thu'um for war, Ulfric would have died before his rebellion ever took hold.

I was initially expecting her to be more aggressive too, but I think that she does a good job of compartmentalizing her hate. She doesn't hate all elves, just the Dominion, and even then she feels pity for their citizens. And she doesn't hate all Bretons or even Theo's family, just Theo himself, since he's the truly guilty party. 

Oh yeah, I bet Ivarstead is going to be really busy. Though they probably won't show up, I agree that some of the surviving Riften cast is chilling there, finding ways to rake in some coin from all these visiting rich nobles. Which is nice considering all the hell you put them through :stare:

Unfortunately, the Bretons just don't have the giant-murder experience the Nords do. They'll certainly feel stupid when they realize how much the Nords need their giant-murdering stagnancy. 

All the talk of giant killing is gonna make those Atmoriants across the sea nervous, Might start a Giants Activist group

:P

7 minutes ago, BTCollins8 said:

Oh god, my sides hurt. That's hilarious. The part with Winston and the very end is what really did it. 

For me it was Reaver's line immediately after that.

12 minutes ago, BTCollins8 said:

I was initially expecting her to be more aggressive too, but I think that she does a good job of compartmentalizing her hate. She doesn't hate all elves, just the Dominion, and even then she feels pity for their citizens. And she doesn't hate all Bretons or even Theo's family, just Theo himself, since he's the truly guilty party. 

You're right. Her lack of group hatred makes Dales pretty rare by Tamrielic leader standards.

13 minutes ago, BTCollins8 said:

Oh yeah, I bet Ivarstead is going to be really busy. Though they probably won't show up, I agree that some of the surviving Riften cast is chilling there, finding ways to rake in some coin from all these visiting rich nobles. Which is nice considering all the hell you put them through :stare:

Who doesn't love a happy ending?

16 minutes ago, BTCollins8 said:

Unfortunately, the Bretons just don't have the giant-murder experience the Nords do. They'll certainly feel stupid when they realize how much the Nords need their giant-murdering stagnancy. 

As long as they realize it before it's too late.

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

Hide contents

You're right. Her lack of group hatred makes Dales pretty rare by Tamrielic leader standards.

Who doesn't love a happy ending?

As long as they realize it before it's too late.

Dales has always been a pretty cosmopolitan person. She has no reason to hate a single race, because she knows, and meets plenty of good people belonging to that race in her encounters as the Empress.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, bigbossbalrog said:

Dales has always been a pretty cosmopolitan person. She has no reason to hate a single race, because she knows, and meets plenty of good people belonging to that race in her encounters as the Empress.

Even Argonians? :ohmy:

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

Never mind. You can disregard that. I missed where you said "people". 

2 hours ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Hide contents

BTW

I thinks its perfectly reasonable for Dales to be afraid of the Greybeards power after there display.

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

BTW

Reveal hidden contents

I thinks its perfectly reasonable for Dales to be afraid of the Greybeards power after there display.

For sure.

6 hours ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Hide contents

:rofl: This was a perfect analogy.

I'm not gonna lie, I like being talked about :D And in this post it's twice over because Brund, lol, it's a nice change having my characters front and center in the goings on of world events, they've been on the side lines for a long time.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'm not gonna lie, I like being talked about :D And in this post it's twice over because Brund, lol, it's a nice change having my characters front and center in the goings on of world events, they've been on the side lines for a long time.

I hear ya there. Love a good name drop. Too bad Baldur and Rebec are the only people who actually know 2/3 of my main characters with any familiarity.

Edited by The_Good_Doctor

I'll namedrop the **** outta you, no worries ;) When I catch up on the reading, especially though that entirely depends on what the hell Boldir is up to nowadays. I'm gonna start catching up this week since I'm off for three days.