The_Good_Doctor

Civil War Aftermath OOC #70

981 posts in this topic

Pretty sure Mila can discount a nice treatment after this. I wonder how Baldur will react to hearing Mila taking after Boldir as a Stormcloak killer.

I also wonder why everyone keeps forgetting where the Emperor is from whenever the Empress and Skyrim comes up as a subject. 

Just now, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

I also wonder why everyone keeps forgetting where the Emperor is from whenever the Empress and Skyrim comes up as a subject. 

I don't think anyone has forgotten that. Not sure how it's relevant though.

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

I don't think anyone has forgotten that. Not sure how it's relevant though.

Though it feels that way when it's always only the Empress that gets a mention like she's the only monarch in Cyrodiil. 

23 minutes ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Though it feels that way when it's always only the Empress that gets a mention like she's the only monarch in Cyrodiil. 

Well if I said Emperor it would be excluding Dales, which seems even less appropriate considering he officially came to power by marrying her. Sure, they changed their name to start a new dynasty, but that only happened because her father came before her.

Though my reason for referring to Dales in this post wasn't because I forgot about Krojun or was trying to mitigate his importance. I did it because I was under the impression that the Penitus Oculatus are more loyal to her. 

1 hour ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Well if I said Emperor it would be excluding Dales, which seems even less appropriate considering he officially came to power by marrying her. Sure, they changed their name to start a new dynasty, but that only happened because her father came before her.

Though my reason for referring to Dales in this post wasn't because I forgot about Krojun or was trying to mitigate his importance. I did it because I was under the impression that the Penitus Oculatus are more loyal to her. 

I mean more that whenever Dales is mentioned, it's never as much as mentioned that she's married. Though now that I think about it, there's a lot of things that's never mentioned about Dales. Everyone's loyal to her but no one says why. No one ever mentions her past with her father or the Thalmor. Almost all that's ever really mentioned is her sexuality like that's her only defining trait. Something that should play less of a role now that's both married and have a child. 

Though this is less of a criticism towards you and instead to people in general as you've had relatively few mentions of Dales. It's just something that bothers me and you just happened to make me think about it some more with your post.

Edited by Witchking_of_Angmar

Lol gonna be real honest, the fewer mentions of some of all that, the better. It kinda grounds things, and I think the legion's probably going through a Trump effect.

People that like him rarely mention why they're so loyal to him, they just are and ignore the specific issues that rear their ugly head concerning him. Actually the same thing was true for Obama but it's far less exaggerated. People will ignore almost anything just to feel like someone sane has a hand on the wheel.

And it makes sense that the Imps might ignore Krojun for now, since he compared to her is still relatively an unknown. Even despite his actions. Still very mysterious and the Imperials need a familiar figure to rally behind. That wouldn't be the Nord. 

As for her Thalmor background I think they'd at this point just be glad they have people ready to kick their teeth in. Their worlds about to be flipped upside down. Again.

I will say there probably should be a lot less mention of her being *** though since she's got a kid and a husband. 

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I will say there probably should be a lot less mention of her being *** though since she's got a kid and a husband. 

There's only so much you can do when you've been known as "The slug Princess" since you we're a teenager. Even if you had tolerate parents, you would still be expected to marry and have children for the sake of the family.

Dales is loved because she has an aura of comradeship and care for the people under her. She holds open court, speaks to anyone, and talks to the common folk with respect and dignity  . Even personally helping them, if it's in her power. (I've shown this.) When she was in Skyrim, she helped out the soldiers, socialized with them, when emergenries happened, she was always in the medical ward helping to patch up the wounded. She eats with the Imperial Watch, Her Elite Paltenina, the Second Legion, and sometimes the Occultus. She even participates in joint training exercises (All three of which i've shown alot) Her men are very loyal, because she personally interacts with them, and she has a large reputation for humbleness.  Her reputation for strength derives from the fact she personally killed her father, her hawk-like attitude towards the Dominion and the fact she executes traitors personally.

So when you're yelling about how it's not explained why Dales is so liked by the commoners and the soldiers, I think you're dead wrong and i've shown it extensively, and you've just bellyaching. Krojun may have victories, Dales has the hearts of the common folk and the soldiery. 

I think where Witchie is coming from is that a good personality and attentive leader only goes so far. Witchie gets the results, Dales tends to the people and soldiers personally which in my eyes makes them good partners. If we're to explain their loyalty to her specifically though, I think it should be mentioned that part of the loyalty to her is due to Witch, and that she gives them a needed and familiar friendly face, so it doesn't exclude Witch entirely.

17 minutes ago, bigbossbalrog said:

So when you're yelling about how it's not explained why Dales is so liked by the commoners and the soldiers, I think you're dead wrong and i've shown it extensively, and you've just bellyaching. Krojun may have victories, Dales has the hearts of the common folk and the soldiery. 

So far as I can see she's pulling a Queen Margaery. Which I can see getting her a certain popularity and loyalty, to a certain extent. However with Cyrodiil and the Legion being so big, Dales wont be able to help or interact with the vast majority of them. Only way to really reach out to them would be through word of mouth and/or propaganda. Even then it would be hard to reach out to most of the people that doesn't live in or visit the Imperial City. 

There's also no mention about people having doubts about her for her previous affiliation with the Thalmor. Even though it wouldn't be her fault, I'm pretty sure the Thalmor would flaunt with her signature on orders of executions and imprisonment. Which would cast quite a negative light on Dales as some people would likely see her as the reason for losing a friend or family member. 

Edited by Witchking_of_Angmar

Just now, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

So far as I can see she's pulling a Queen Margaery. Which I can see getting her a certain popularity and loyalty, to a certain extent. However with Cyrodiil and the Legion being so big, Dales wont be able to help or interact with the vast majority of them. Only way to really reach out to them would be through word of mouth and/or propaganda. Even then it would be hard to reach out to most of the people that doesn't live in or visit the Imperial City. 

There's also no mention about people having doubts about her for her previous affiliation with the Thalmor. Even though it wouldn't be her fault, I'm pretty sure the Thalmor would flaunt with her signature on orders of executions and imprisonment. Which would cast quite a negative light on Dales as some people would likely see her as the reason for losing a friend or family member. 

As Colonel mentioned, her essentially kicking the Dominion in the teeth, by restoring religious equality, and bringing back the Talos cult into Cyrdoilli, would restore her in the eyes for alot of people, enough most would forgive, or even forget her previous misdeeds. I'm also sure she made a public apology for her Inquisitorial writs some time after she took office.

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

As Colonel mentioned, her essentially kicking the Dominion in the teeth, by restoring religious equality, and bringing back the Talos cult into Cyrdoilli, would restore her in the eyes for alot of people, enough most would forgive, or even forget her previous misdeeds. I'm also sure she made a public apology for her Inquisitorial writs some time after she took office.

While that would help a lot. I think those that actually lost someone might have a hard time to forgive, just because they lost someone. 

And as you didn't dispute my first point, would you say Dales' popularity would be limited to City Isle? Not a hard limit but that fewer people care about her as much the further away you go. 

Soldiers in the Legion outside of this iles wouldn't give two shits about who's really in charge, as long as that person doesn't hang them out to dry, or who's giving what to who. They care about the men to the left right if them. They care about the food remaining stocked up. They would definitely be more loyal to their specific general/legate than any Empress/Emperor. Not that this was disputed, just my two cents.

Also, people don't easily forget things. Especially something like helping the Thalmor. All the stuff Dales has done post-WotSD will definitely help her public image, but it's not gonna pull a complete 180°. I'm fine with people supporting her, but at the same time, they aren't gonna forget especially the further you get from the City isles where people are benefiting the most.

10 minutes ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

Soldiers in the Legion outside of this iles wouldn't give two shits about who's really in charge, as long as that person doesn't hang them out to dry, or who's giving what to who. They care about the men to the left right if them. They care about the food remaining stocked up. They would definitely be more loyal to their specific general/legate than any Empress/Emperor. Not that this was disputed, just my two cents.

Also, people don't easily forget things. Especially something like helping the Thalmor. All the stuff Dales has done post-WotSD will definitely help her public image, but it's not gonna pull a complete 180°. I'm fine with people supporting her, but at the same time, they aren't gonna forget especially the further you get from the City isles where people are benefiting the most.

I made specific mention of this, when General Martullus notes, while he doesn't mind his mind liking the Empress, he makes a very large effort so that his Officers and footsoldiers are loyal to him, first, before even the Empire. Personal loyalty to general's is one of the reasons the Western Roman Empire fell.

Edited by bigbossbalrog

Hey Balrog I sent you a message a while back on our pm with Witch that you need to check out since it's relevant to the post Witch and I are working on. 

1 minute ago, BTCollins8 said:

Hey Balrog I sent you a message a while back on our pm with Witch that you need to check out since it's relevant to the post Witch and I are working on. 

Sorry BT :( I have so many pm's open, some of them get dragged down and burried.

The Baddest Bitch and Czar

Good post, I like the set up for the Baldur/Brund conflict at the moot and a possible Brund/Maori 2.0 battle before.

Nice to see the dipshit twins and their friend again after Baldur hit them with the Grim Ones conscription. XD

Czar, I like you Roscrean stuff, I really do. It's new and interesting and what not, but the fancy writing and words make it really hard to read and follow. I had to go back and reread multiple parts spend time figuring out just exactly what you meant. I know you've said you write that way specifically for Theu, but in all honesty, it's quite tiresome. Not to be rude or anything.

Second parts up ;) That'll be the last of my pre moot posts I think. Alls left is the Jarls to arrive.

Just now, CenturionAquilarius said:

The Baddest Bitch and Czar

Hide contents

Good post, I like the set up for the Baldur/Brund conflict at the moot and a possible Brund/Maori 2.0 battle before.

Nice to see the dipshit twins and their friend again after Baldur hit them with the Grim Ones conscription. XD

Czar, I like you Roscrean stuff, I really do. It's new and interesting and what not, but the fancy writing and words make it really hard to read and follow. I had to go back and reread multiple parts spend time figuring out just exactly what you meant. I know you've said you write that way specifically for Theu, but in all honesty, it's quite tiresome. Not to be rude or anything.

You're not being rude, could you give me an example of what you mean so I can avoid it in the future. Writing that with Colonel and Doc it passed their detection, albeit the one or two Gaelic words I used for Western Roscrean titles might be the problem.

I edited out "all at once" at the end since I repeated it lol, hate that. Anyway. 

Proofread as best I could before posting, but now my eyes and head hurts and that's a wrap. I apologize for any remaining errors or funny sounding phrases but I need to rest. Been a while. 

Btw BTCollins, I've read a few more of your shadow mage posts and I gotta say I don't think I've seen anyone write about Shadow magic better than you have. Not me, not people on the lore forums and reddit theorizing about it, nobody. Very good, and I love your character and her dynamic with her tutor. And, lol she seems pretty hot with her seductive murderous smile. You're too good at this man, keep it up.

18 hours ago, Witchking_of_Angmar said:

Only reason up in Roscrea that the Emperor wasn't being mentioned is that Dale's Prelate aka Awfulus Diplomaticus was very clear on who was giving the orders, plus it's rather early in the stages of this story arch.

*Press F to pay respects*

big_boss_2_857.jpg

Brund's a ******* dick head. **** him. I used to love him as a love to hate sort of guy , but now ****. On par with the Mountain in terms of douchebags. What an asshole.

So after catching up on the OOC, I love you Balrog but I have to side with Witch in this. If the characters up in Roscrea gave half a shit about the Emperor and Empress I'd have them bring up both, if not the Emperor more so. Hypothetically I can see more like minded folks up on the island finding the Emperor a man to be respected, that is if those islanders didn't hate anything with the name Imperial on it.