The_Good_Doctor

Civil War Aftermath OOC #70

981 posts in this topic

I'm not doing this to keep peace, I honestly see sides to both of their arguments. All I'll say is that the love for Dales should be partially due to Witchie's success since she's the face of the White Gold Tower, and that Witchie should expect her to get more mention than him due to his being a Nord with a mysterious background.

Think this should go here, maybe Off-Topic?

Since Theudofrid is going to be a recurring major (Roscrean) character I should share with everyone the voice I picture him with, showed Doc already before hand.

Hope you have Hulu subscription :P

https://www.hulu.com/watch/440813

11:00

It's the old man.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

he did partially avenge Ulfric's death tho

But it was a proxy.

Cool Bosmer bro didn't do it. If anyone deserved to be chicken plucked for ole Ulfric's death, it was Baldur. Brund was probably just telling himself it was for Ulfric. He dosen't give a shit. It was a sick fantasy he had to slowly torture an elf to death, and a friend of Baldur's. It's revolting.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol pretty much. No argument here tbh.

"Men want to feel righteous see the evil in the enemies eyes."

I bet Brund, deep down, wants to feel vindicated in some way. Craving what Badur has. So he's like, "This is for Ulfric, i'm a hero, i'm avenging his death!" but in reality, it just "This just gives me a hardon." It's really disturbing.

Nah. Like he said, he didn't need an excuse. 

He suspects foul play.

And Maori is both an elf and possibly killed a man he respected, plus the bonus of being close to Baldur. He for those reasons took it out on his ass. No need to be vindicated of anything.

Edited a detail:

edit:

rofl also saw I said fur pellet instead of pelt.

had Brund say soldiers saw an elf on a rooftop shoot an arrow at Ulfric.

And that he saw how skilled Maori was with a bow. It's reaching but if anyone's willing to reach to see Baldur in a bad light, enough to make an accurate jump, it's Brund

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

Colonel post 2

You bastard. Lol. I liked Maori. And Daric???? **** man. I know you left it sort of open about Daric, but still. Cold. Lol, well that's Brund I guess.

F to pay respects.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

You're not being rude, could you give me an example of what you mean so I can avoid it in the future. Writing that with Colonel and Doc it passed their detection, albeit the one or two Gaelic words I used for Western Roscrean titles might be the problem.

I have to use my phone so it will be difficult, but I will try to get you some examples here in a minute.

I use some Latin words for the Legion, and most people are fine with that. I dont see why Czar using some Gallic stuff isn't okay.

Edited by bigbossbalrog

Just now, bigbossbalrog said:

I use some Latin words for the Legion, and most people are fine with that. I dont see why Czar using some Gallic stuff isn't okay.

It isn't his Gallic words that are the problem. It's the phrasing of sentences and wording.

Just now, CenturionAquilarius said:

It isn't his Gallic words that are the problem. It's the phrasing of sentences and wording.

Wait is it the problem with what Theudofrid says or just how I type?

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Wait is it the problem with what Theudofrid says or just how I type?

Perhaps I shouldn't have used "words" in my original critic. That's just my brain spit balling a bit. It's sentence structure, the way Theu speaks, the way the rest of the paragraph is written afterwards. It's all very strange, almost like reading an old English book that hasn't been modernized yet.

Just now, CenturionAquilarius said:

Perhaps I shouldn't have used "words" in my original critic. That's just my brain spit balling a bit. It's sentence structure, the way Theu speaks, the way the rest of the paragraph is written afterwards. It's all very strange, almost like reading an old English book that hasn't been modernized yet.

I'll work on writing things better instead of writing in the way he thinks and talks, with Theudofrid it's just how the old man speaks.

I don't know if I explained it in the post but he has to translate everything in his head before speaking it, it's mentally taxing to the point where he can't speak in a Tamrielic fashion.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'll work on writing things better instead of writing in the way he thinks and talks, with Theudofrid it's just how the old man speaks.

I don't know if I explained it in the post but he has to translate everything in his head before speaking it, it's mentally taxing to the point where he can't speak in a Tamrielic fashion.

You did and that's fine. Have him speak strange if that's in his character. I'm not saying you have to change up your style or anything, I'm just saying for me it gets a little hard to stay in my reading trance due to sentence structure.

Here's just a quick example,

"Theudofrid being smaller in his elder years then Daric had to look slightly upwards when before them."

I would do it more like this, which isn't perfect or anything, but I feel is a little easier to digest.

"Theudofrid, being smaller than Daric in his elderly years, had to look slightly upwards when he stood before them."

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Btw BTCollins, I've read a few more of your shadow mage posts and I gotta say I don't think I've seen anyone write about Shadow magic better than you have. Not me, not people on the lore forums and reddit theorizing about it, nobody. Very good, and I love your character and her dynamic with her tutor. And, lol she seems pretty hot with her seductive murderous smile. You're too good at this man, keep it up.

Thanks Colonel! I know I've spent a lot of time reading around to try and get a grasp on shadow magic, since the games themselves don't have much. I'm glad it's paying off. And I'm glad you like Morane as well. My next post will be another one of hers and I'm excited about it. 

As for your posts...

God damn. I didn't think Brund could be more of a super villain and then he went and killed Maori like that. I hope Baldur turns him to ash. And I hope Daric survived. As unlikely as it seemed, I have to hope. But damn, I didn't think I could dislike Brund any more than I did and then her somehow became even more of a bloodthirsty psycho. And while it was nice to see the three stooges of the Grim Ones return, and I definitely enjoyed Daric finding a balance and accepting who he is, I really just hope that Brund gets his. Motherfucker doesn't deserve to live any longer. I'm excited to see how this conflict with him and Baldur ends, and I think you'll handle it great, just as you have the rest of this plot. Great job man!

Also, it was nice to see Theudofrid again. Hopefully we get more of his grandfatherly strangeness and wisdom going forward. I'm curious to see what's next for him. 

Just now, BTCollins8 said:

Thanks Colonel! I know I've spent a lot of time reading around to try and get a grasp on shadow magic, since the games themselves don't have much. I'm glad it's paying off. And I'm glad you like Morane as well. My next post will be another one of hers and I'm excited about it. 

As for your posts...

Hide contents

God damn. I didn't think Brund could be more of a super villain and then he went and killed Maori like that. I hope Baldur turns him to ash. And I hope Daric survived. As unlikely as it seemed, I have to hope. But damn, I didn't think I could dislike Brund any more than I did and then her somehow became even more of a bloodthirsty psycho. And while it was nice to see the three stooges of the Grim Ones return, and I definitely enjoyed Daric finding a balance and accepting who he is, I really just hope that Brund gets his. Motherfucker doesn't deserve to live any longer. I'm excited to see how this conflict with him and Baldur ends, and I think you'll handle it great, just as you have the rest of this plot. Great job man!

Also, it was nice to see Theudofrid again. Hopefully we get more of his grandfatherly strangeness and wisdom going forward. I'm curious to see what's next for him. 

Don't you mean Theo2.0 according to Daric?

Always fun writing Theudofrid, he'd be up at the Moot if it wasn't for theological differences between the Druids and Greybeards. It'd only cause trouble for him to be present in High Hrothgar

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Btw BTCollins, I've read a few more of your shadow mage posts and I gotta say I don't think I've seen anyone write about Shadow magic better than you have. Not me, not people on the lore forums and reddit theorizing about it, nobody.

I agree. Between it being an obscure topic, most lore fans being shit writers, and Bethesda not having much good on Shadow Magic themselves, BT may legitimately be the best author on TES Shadow Magic in the world. :lol: 

3 hours ago, bigbossbalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

*Press F to pay respects*

big_boss_2_857.jpg

Brund's a ******* dick head. **** him. I used to love him as a love to hate sort of guy , but now ****. On par with the Mountain in terms of douchebags. What an asshole.

:rofl: 

You can ask Colonel. Bardok was one of my favorite minor Stormcloak characters. But to be honest that part made me like Brund all the more.

Until Daric and Maori that is. **** **** **** I hope Daric survived that!

And damn if I didn't think Maori was one of the only safe characters in Skyrim. I figured he'd play a role in Valenwood for sure.

2 hours ago, BTCollins8 said:

As for your posts...

Reveal hidden contents

Heck yea, the Bretons are going to have a pretty fantastically powerful force on their hands... not gonna lie thstbis concerning lol.

I also love how the Redguard dude has her nervous. I hope she isn't killed though, she seriousy sounds hot XD

Also, my Christ dude ******* Mila!

like, wow! XD me and Doc were talking about the paralllels between her and Daric

rest his soul rofl

Snd it's funny how similar these two became, but this chick took out two of the best motherfucking soldiers in all of Tamriel under a few minutes! No one else in the RP can boast that.

Their reunions not gonna be as happy an affair as I'd hoped with Baldur, if that ever happens.

And rofl that ******* fight the two had XD I really like the Occulatus dudes though which you know from me, is saying a lot. Same for me liking Bretons and their fancy magic lol. And I especially love anything and everything talking about dimensional magic so it's a fascinating read. One which I'll pick up on today with another fresh plate of my beef chowder :D

Then I'll finally be fully caught up ;)

Aside from origin posts which I'll get to next as well.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Snd it's funny how similar these two became, but this chick took out two of the best motherfucking soldiers in all of Tamriel under a few minutes! No one else in the RP can boast that.

Well, Brund can now. Four of them plus Maori. And he did it ******* casually. Mila had to rely on that sneak attack bonus.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Their reunions not gonna be as happy an affair as I'd hoped with Baldur, if that ever happens.

Every time you kill off or **** up a character I love, I do something to make the Baldur x Iron-Brow eventual reunion more bitter and depressing. I'll have to get especially creative after this last freakin' post.

Also, I spoke to Doc about this but I've gone through quite a lot these past two years. It was really hard for me to start writing again, so you can blame that for my not showing the conflict between Baldur and Ulfric. I know there's a lot missing between that point and now.

But, the flashback conversations between Daric and Baldur, I hope did a better job of showing you truly where Baldur's head is and once and for all why he did what he did. Whether anyone agrees is a different matter, but just like Daric's come to understand, nothing, absolutely nothing will come between him and his family if he can help it.

Just now, The_Good_Doctor said:

Well, Brund can now. Four of them plus Maori. And he did it ******* casually.

Every time you kill off or **** up a character I love, I do something to make the Baldur x Iron-Brow eventual reunion more bitter and depressing. I'll have to get especially creative after this last freakin' post.

:rofl: well at least the three stooges are alive lol.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Also, I spoke to Doc about this but I've gone through quite a lot these past two years. It was really hard for me to start writing again, so you can blame that for my not showing the conflict between Baldur and Ulfric. I know there's a lot missing between that point and now.

But, the flashback conversations between Daric and Baldur, I hope did a better job of showing you truly where Baldur's head is and once and for all why he did what he did. Whether anyone agrees is a different matter, but just like Daric's come to understand, nothing, absolutely nothing will come between him and his family if he can help it.

Like I said in the PM, I thought that the flashbacks were a great solution. Filled the gap right up and this post was better off for it. 

The reveal that Baldur was at least partially motivated to kill Ulfric by a desire to make sure that Boldir got spared was definitely touching.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: well at least the three stooges are alive lol.

Yeah, and that's about that's ******* it. You knew Daric was one of my favorites.

I'm still crossing my fingers that the magical effect we saw was a spell that saved him instead an enchantment of Brund's hammer. Like a recall spell or Avoid Death. Though the absence of a body has me thinking that Brund scooped his ass up and is gonna show his corpse or broken body to Baldur at some point.

Whelp. Guess you'll just have to wait and see ;) The moot is finally here though. Again lol XD all will be revealed soon.