The_Good_Doctor

Civil War Aftermath OOC #70

981 posts in this topic

And I don't mean to rain on the fun or anything, like I said I know I'm guilty of the same stuff I'm criticizing but that's my point. And someone's gotta be the bad guy once in a while and bring up stuff I know at least some of y'all have been thinking.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I don't mean to rain on the fun or anything, like I said I know I'm guilty of the same stuff I'm criticizing but that's my point. And someone's gotta be the bad guy once in a while and bring up stuff I know at least some of y'all have been thinking.

It ain't about being able to be the bad guy to me. Most of us don't have a problem speaking out when we think there's something wrong. I just genuinely don't think it's an issue for Brund or anyone else, really. For every OP character in the RP, there are many more who are still perfectly grounded. Magic can be pretty crazy OP in TES, and we crossed the line of trying to keep everyone on relatively the same level a long time ago.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with Brund being able to steal people's age or Witch crush them with their armor. If Boldir for instance bumps into him as an enemy for some reason, I don't expect him to be able to survive that fight, not unless there are special preparations made like when he went after Endar. They're not in the same ballpark and that's perfectly fine with me. The Thalmor have their own powerhouses to challenge it.

Though like I said, I don't mind the powers themselves, only the lack of limitations to them being established. Which is why I'll be doing so regardless of the conversation because I personally feel it's important.

The age eating thing I am of course keeping because it serves an important purpose to my plot, but every good superhero or villain has established weaknesses to their abilities so that you can either work around them, or overcome them.

But anyway, I'm outnumbered on it so I'll leave that to just my end.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Though like I said, I don't mind the powers themselves, only the lack of limitations to them being established. Which is why I'll be doing so regardless of the conversation because I personally feel it's important.

The age eating thing I am of course keeping because it serves an important purpose to my plot, but every good superhero or villain has established weaknesses to their abilities so that you can either work around them, or overcome them.

But anyway, I'm outnumbered on it so I'll leave that to just my end.

Are there any other specific powers that anyone has displayed that you would like to know some limitations on? I'm not as bothered by it myself, but I'm not just gonna toss what you're saying aside just because you're outnumbered. Especially since you feel it's important. 

54 minutes ago, The_Good_Doctor said:

Are there any other specific powers that anyone has displayed that you would like to know some limitations on? I'm not as bothered by it myself, but I'm not just gonna toss what you're saying aside just because you're outnumbered. Especially since you feel it's important. 

As of right now, no. Admittedly I'm curious as to what the Bretons will be capable of with their shadow magic. Nervous more like XD But I know Collins, as detailed as he is, will likely be very clear about that.

It was something I was mainly worried about for my own characters. Which is why I feel obligated to include what Brund's limitations will be. Organically of course, I'm not just gonna state that bluntly.

But the metallurgy spell definitely made me want to bring it up. But at the same time Witch did get stabbed and nearly killed so, op it may be, it still showed he can in fact be hurt, even if he did heal pretty quickly afterwards. 

It's like the Sunbird thing. They're incredibly op, yes but we know somewhat how they work and that there is a chance of beating them, even have my man Endar on the case to finding new ways to do so.

That's what I want for all of the rp's more crazier elements from here on. And less surprise crazy spells that can effectively one shot anyone.