DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The only thing I know about my PC is I need some upgrades

5 hours ago, HeyYou said:

What card did you have before, and what card do you have in there now? How many beeps do you get?

Nvidia gt 620 or something like that and I put the card I posted further up in the thread in there which is a EVGA gtx 1050ti. It beeps once about every 40 seconds and stays on the motherboard boot up screen

22 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Wish List. Hopefully, the link will work the way it is supposed to. Still need a case. :)

"This wish list is empty."

Tease. :lmao:

Did you make it public? You should make it public.

Meanwhile, I was going to suggest reseating the card. Maybe I am savvy! :dance: Also if/when it won't boot, try turning it off with the card still in it, unplugging the computer for a minute, plugging it back in and trying to boot again. It probably won't work but it can't hurt to try.

HY here's the mobo.

34 minutes ago, grond said:

"This wish list is empty."

Tease. :lmao:

Did you make it public? You should make it public.

Meanwhile, I was going to suggest reseating the card. Maybe I am savvy! :dance: Also if/when it won't boot, try turning it off with the card still in it, unplugging the computer for a minute, plugging it back in and trying to boot again. It probably won't work but it can't hurt to try.

HY here's the mobo.

I made it public..... It shows as "shared"...... Wonder why it's being stupid..... I can email it? The formatting for the emailed version really doesn't copy/paste well (at all) though.

3 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Ok, maybe this time it will work.... Click HERE!!!!!

Still need a case, and a license for win 10 pro 64 bit. (around 169 for the license..... case is a very personal choice. :) )

That's quite the number there at bottom, lol. I'll start looking at cases and when/if I ever actually get all that and put together I'll definitely be showing it off on here.

If you are going to wait until after basic, you should look at what is available at that point. That's the trouble with computer hardware, what's new today, it 'outdated' six months later. :D

Although, going with older generation stuff at that point, might also save you a couple hundred. :D

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

If you are going to wait until after basic, you should look at what is available at that point. That's the trouble with computer hardware, what's new today, it 'outdated' six months later. :D

Although, going with older generation stuff at that point, might also save you a couple hundred. :D

I'll be sure to consult you in September lol. I still have no clue what I'm doing with any of this computer non-sense XD

• 7 months later...

I wouldn't advice to use a SSD as a boot drive due for making strange things happen in Skyrim.  Also, I've only notice this in Skyrim, no other games.

Why?  Because I use a SSD as a boot drive and ever since I start using it I notice one thing happen in Skyrim.  What I mean is when I run in-game then re-load a few times out of sudden I can't run no matter what I do, so the only thing to fix it, temporarily, is to exit Skyrim and relaunch it from Windows.  That can happen anytime for both SLE and SSE.  My guess is that SSD handle the cache memory differently in comparison to Windows, if it has a cache memory that is.

On 2017-04-13 at 9:57 AM, grond said:

couple of SSDs

26 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

I wouldn't advice to use a SSD as a boot drive due for making strange things happen in Skyrim.  Also, I've only notice this in Skyrim, no other games.

Why?  Because I use a SSD as a boot drive and ever since I start using it I notice one thing happen in Skyrim.  What I mean is when I run in-game then re-load a few times out of sudden I can't run no matter what I do, so the only thing to fix it, temporarily, is to exit Skyrim and relaunch it from Windows.  That can happen anytime for both SLE and SSE.  My guess is that SSD handle the cache memory differently in comparison to Windows, if it has a cache memory that is.

That's interesting.... I run two SSDs, O/S on one, games and such on the other, and don't have any problems with any of the games....

When I first notice it I was confused since it never happen when playing SLE from day one and at that time I use a SATA HDD, which I find to be more stable and reliable.

Using a SATA HDD as a boot drive give the user more control of how to use the disk capacity more efficient.

• Can defrag a partition anytime
  • Can create more than one partition on a physical HDD
  • Can resize/move a partition how the user wants it

Which one cannot do with a SSD without risking a SSD to be permantely damaged.

So that's why I plan to stop using a SSD as a boot drive and only use a SSD as one download partition.

Anyway, back to topic.  My advice to the OP are basically two things; 1) install as much RAM the mobo can handle, 2) upgrade both mobo and the video card.

Also, try to remember do not think you have the performance only based on the video card.  No, the monitor is what decides how good graphics a video card can show.