DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The only thing I know about my PC is I need some upgrades

I'm a complete #n00b when it comes to PC hardware. The only thing I know about my old pc is it's somewhere firmly between brick and toaster on a scale and needs an upgrade. I've had it since 2013 and haven't messed with the internals ever. I don't even know what it has in it. I'll post some picture of the internals for you tech savvy people to identify if you can and suggest compatible upgrades. Any help is appreciated and if yall need anymore information just ask and I'll try my hardest to get it to you.tumblr_oo6kpm09Rx1uez2l4o2_1280.jpgtumblr_oo6kpm09Rx1uez2l4o1_1280.jpg

• Upvote 1

This is the beginning of a grand adventure. :woot:

First, dig into windows and find your system specs and post them. Follow the instructions for your OS on this page.

If you want to upgrade to close-to-current standards I think you'll need a new motherboard. here's your motherboard - it supports intel 2nd and 3rd generation CPUs. They're at 7th gen now, right (I buy AMD) ?  Don't fret, they're not too pricey. 

HeyYou is going to come along and give you great advice. But he'll need to know your current system specs to see what can be saved so there's your first job :D

Think about how much money and time you're able/willing to spend on a DIY rebuild. If you've never opened the case before it can be pretty daunting. But if I got my first build to work then anybody can :lmao:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Ah. Good on your for serving. :) (Air Force vet myself..... yeah, yeah, no cracks about 'flies' please. :) )

Thank you for your service.

What motherboard should I get in the future. Just suggest the best one you can think of, price being no issue.

Actually come to think of it, just suggest a whole new build, I really want to get a new computer anyway so it would be nice to have reference when I get around making it happen

Edited by CenturionAquilarius
  • Upvote 1

What is the primary purpose of the machine? Gaming? Do you have a preference on Operating System? The latest gen offerings from both Intel, and AMD, will pretty much require windows 10.... They aren't going to support the older operating systems. (therefore, no drivers for the hardware.....)

How powerful do you want? I can get pretty stupid with these builds. :D I love spending other folks money. :devil:

• Upvote 2

Ok .. first, hiya Centurion. Second, these fine folks helped me build Bessie back in 2011 and she`s gone through many upgrades since. I`m sticking with win 7 O.S. for many reasond. I`m also an ASUS fanboy ... also for many many reasons. Don`t cheap out on things such as mobo and power supply. A power supply failure could cause a fire. I`ll always stick with Corsair.  My intel i7 2600K CPU is kinda outdated but still performs well within the specs I`m seeing from new gen. processors. This is an unlocked processor that defaults around 3.4GHz .. but I`ve clocked to 4.5GHz using the auto tune feature. I`ve had my fun with that and decided that I`m in no hurry to burn it out.  Corsair also makes a spiffy CPU juice cooling system that comes completely sealed and is just a simple (?) installation, I have the H100i , which is a double fan radiator. The H50 is a single. I did this because it gets hot here and ambient in my apt. can reach 90+F. I prefer  to blow the heat out of the case rather than blow it around inside and hope the outflow is enough.  HeyYou has been a great help and a friend to me and many others over the years. 

Edit:  Here`s a link to my continues "Build or Buy" thread from back then. 

Edited by donnato
Add link
  • Upvote 1

Big D is right about the PSU. I bought my 1200 watt Tagan in 2008 and it's still running. :dance:

7 hours ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

Yeah sure.

O man if you have 1500 to spend on a new build I bow to you sir for you can build a pretty good rig. Ryzen CPU, Asus Crosshair mobo, 64GB RAM (pick your brand), Don's Juice cooler (or a Noctua fan the size of a car battery), couple of SSDs, and a pretty metal case (I always plug the Antec 900). Done :D 

• Upvote 1

So I got the graphics card I posted up there and I got it installed, but when I start up my computer it makes a beep sound and the graphics card book says that 1 of 4 things is wrong

1) The card is not seated properly.

2) There is a problem with the motherboard's graphics card slot

3) Supplemental PCI-E power is not connected to the card

4) There is a problem with the card.

I know it's not number one because the card snapped into place nice and neat like the old one did and I don't believe its number three because the card description says it doesn't require additional power from the power supply. Which leaves me with numbers two and four.

1 hour ago, donnato said:

Have you DLed the G-Force Experience app. You can use that to help update drivers and such. It may just be that a driver issue...??  

I have that but when I have the new card in it just goes to the motherboard boot up screen and stays there and I can't do anything. I think I'm just gonna save up and by a new motherboard and power supply as well.