CenturionAquilarius

The only thing I know about my PC is I need some upgrades

39 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, HeyYou said:

What card did you have before, and what card do you have in there now? How many beeps do you get?

Nvidia gt 620 or something like that and I put the card I posted further up in the thread in there which is a EVGA gtx 1050ti. It beeps once about every 40 seconds and stays on the motherboard boot up screen

Try reseating the card, see if that improves its attitude any. If it doesn't, what system board do you have?

Ummm HY ..  that link takes me through a lot of sign in stuff, which for me , has been borked for a long time now.

22 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Wish List. Hopefully, the link will work the way it is supposed to. Still need a case. :)

"This wish list is empty."

Tease. :lmao:

Did you make it public? You should make it public.

Meanwhile, I was going to suggest reseating the card. Maybe I am savvy! :dance: Also if/when it won't boot, try turning it off with the card still in it, unplugging the computer for a minute, plugging it back in and trying to boot again. It probably won't work but it can't hurt to try.

HY here's the mobo.

34 minutes ago, grond said:

"This wish list is empty."

Tease. :lmao:

Did you make it public? You should make it public.

Meanwhile, I was going to suggest reseating the card. Maybe I am savvy! :dance: Also if/when it won't boot, try turning it off with the card still in it, unplugging the computer for a minute, plugging it back in and trying to boot again. It probably won't work but it can't hurt to try.

HY here's the mobo.

I made it public..... It shows as "shared"...... Wonder why it's being stupid..... I can email it? The formatting for the emailed version really doesn't copy/paste well (at all) though.

Did you check the items? I often forget to check the items. It's a weird set of actions. To refresh your memory...

Hoops to jump through.

When I look at it, everything is there, it is marked as shared....... No clue what is going on there. :)

Your link's address reads "MySavedWishlist" but it should read "PublicWishDetail" - maybe just get a screenie :D  Trust me when I tell you Centurion, HeyYou knows his stuff.  :bow:

Capture.PNG

Ok, maybe this time it will work.... Click HERE!!!!!

Still need a case, and a license for win 10 pro 64 bit. (around 169 for the license..... case is a very personal choice. :) )

3 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Ok, maybe this time it will work.... Click HERE!!!!!

Still need a case, and a license for win 10 pro 64 bit. (around 169 for the license..... case is a very personal choice. :) )

That's quite the number there at bottom, lol. I'll start looking at cases and when/if I ever actually get all that and put together I'll definitely be showing it off on here.

If you are going to wait until after basic, you should look at what is available at that point. That's the trouble with computer hardware, what's new today, it 'outdated' six months later. :D

Although, going with older generation stuff at that point, might also save you a couple hundred. :D

8 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

If you are going to wait until after basic, you should look at what is available at that point. That's the trouble with computer hardware, what's new today, it 'outdated' six months later. :D

Although, going with older generation stuff at that point, might also save you a couple hundred. :D

I'll be sure to consult you in September lol. I still have no clue what I'm doing with any of this computer non-sense XD

10 hours ago, CenturionAquilarius said:

I'll be sure to consult you in September lol. I still have no clue what I'm doing with any of this computer non-sense XD

You will be the time we are done with you. :D Just ask Donnato.

Heheh .. yup. The only thing that snags my left eyebrow is software... like my OS and all the assorted discs for GFX, Sound Card, my CAD program, PS .. and the like. :lmao: