DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New To TES5, Previous Experience As A StarTrek Online Foundry Author & Sims 4 Modder

aleniskendra

Hi everyone!

A few months ago, my husband decided to randomly dig through his old games and started playing TES5 SE. I watched the intro and was hooked, so he installed the original TES5 on my laptop for me.

I had previously modded outfits in the SIMS 4, so once I'd gotten bored with the ingame clothing, I set out in search of mods and way thrilled to see the vibrant modding community. The ability to create quests is something I always loved about Star Trek Online's Foundry (a MMORG with user generated content) and I have previously created several Foundry Missions and been an active member of that community, but had recently decided to take a break for a while.

TES5 is great, but I soon found it's a million times more awesome with mods and thanks to Campfire/Frostfall/iNeed/Bathing in Skyrim and others, I was soon able to find the perfect balance between RP, Simming, and action/adventure.

Right now, I'm finishing up my first real mod, a lore friendly bath house. I was super excited last night, as I finally got all my scripts to work, making it fully functional and interactive. More to come soon!

• Upvote 2

On 4/25/2017 at 6:59 PM, HeyYou said:

I am definitely going to second that opinion. Holy smokes. :D

Thanks! I'm hoping to post some screenshots of my mod I'm working on a bit later. This first one is small, but I have some bigger plans for the future. I'll be looking for lots of feedback! It's dizzying how much I have to learn...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HeyYou said:

Yeah, the initial learning curve is incredibly steep..... for just about any aspect of modding. It's addicting though..... You have been warned. :D

I'm just ridiculously excited to have a 3D map editor... I'm sort of an organic builder... I drag and drop to make things look the way I want and then I worry about lining up coordinates and such later on.  I know some people who can see the grid and the math of it all in their head and build solely from xyz. Star Trek Online's Foundry has a flat (2D, top view only) grid map and in order to preview when building, you have to load the map (which you can't edit while previewing), then go back into the editor... plus if building multiple stories on a house or something, you are literally putting objects on top of objects and can't see what the heck you are doing. VERY frustrating. The CK is like a dream come true... .bugs and all! :-D OH! AND we can rotate and resize objects in CK! ALSO VERY AWESOME!!! Also, the HUGE fact that we can import new meshes and textures and aren't just stuck with having to somehow repurpose vanilla objects in a way that seems original....  yeah, kinda addicted. I was totally thinking about coming home and getting elbows deep in my mod all day today while I was at work! :-D

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, aleniskendra said:

I'm just ridiculously excited to have a 3D map editor... I'm sort of an organic builder... I drag and drop to make things look the way I want and then I worry about lining up coordinates and such later on.  I know some people who can see the grid and the math of it all in their head and build solely from xyz. Star Trek Online's Foundry has a flat (2D, top view only) grid map and in order to preview when building, you have to load the map (which you can't edit while previewing), then go back into the editor... plus if building multiple stories on a house or something, you are literally putting objects on top of objects and can't see what the heck you are doing. VERY frustrating. The CK is like a dream come true... .bugs and all! :-D OH! AND we can rotate and resize objects in CK! ALSO VERY AWESOME!!! Also, the HUGE fact that we can import new meshes and textures and aren't just stuck with having to somehow repurpose vanilla objects in a way that seems original....  yeah, kinda addicted. I was totally thinking about coming home and getting elbows deep in my mod all day today while I was at work! :-D

Yeah, you got it bad. :)

Welcome!!!! :D

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, donnato said:

What 3D modelling program do you use? 

I haven't really begun modelling in Skyrim yet. I messed around in NifScope a bit, but it's a bit intimidating. Previously, I used Blender for Sims 4 modding, but that was super simplistic compared to the meshes and textures in Skyrim. 

(Just to clarify, in my post earlier when I said 3D editor, I meant the render window in the Creation Kit.)

Ahh. I have a few graphics mods, a ton of clothing, armor, and skin/hair/eyes/body mods, a few player houses, smelting, a few Asian mods, 2 follower mods, crossbows for everyone, jaysus swords because they are lore friendly, balanced, and GORgeous, and a combo of realism/survival mods. No enb, because I'm pretty sure my laptop would gasp it's last and go on to wherever good electronics go when they die. :-D