DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[OB] Questions

Lissy

I was wondering a few things before I install some more mods for my oblivion game.

1). I am using oblivion mod manager at the moment but I don't really like it that well. I do like the nexus mod manager for Skyrim and I was wondering if the nexus mod manager for oblivion was a good option.  

2). I was looking to install some texture/mesh improvement mods for oblivion, but there is a bug with the landscape, and I am not sure if these will help or make it worse. The bug in question is when I am running around, sometimes my character will just start bouncing, like a rubberband effect. Every creature in the immediate area does this as well. Its hard to move to get out of it if I cant fast travel and one time I even had to reload another saved game. Turning down the grass slider bar helped sometimes but not always. My computer isn't weak by any means, and I am capable of playing games with max graphics.

3). Is merging multiple esp's for oblivion a good idea?  I am not sure what the max count is for oblivion. I think skyrim handles around 200 something, but I wasn't sure if oblivion could handle that many.  

4). I am making my own personal house mod (not being released) and I wanted my master bedroom with a bit of a purple theme. While I found that the kvatch bed seemed intact with only a small burn spot (hardly noticeable at all), a lot of the other stuff is just completely ruined, I can barely find any purple stuff that can be considered upper class. Some of the upper rugs seem more pinkish than purple. Is there some way I can get more purple stuff? I checked the shivering isles stuff as well. There isn't a big selection that isn't dirty and that will fit. 

Edited by Lissy
  • Upvote 1

Note: I ended up learning Wrye Bash (actually still learning it). Also haven't yet run into the rubberbanding bug yet, but I haven't been in game much except for testing and screenshot purposes. I also found out the approximate max mod count. 

Note for #4: I still may make a personal house mod but haven't decided yet.

I have been following a page on nexus that had some mod recommendations. While I don't intend to add every mod on their list, I am likely going to use a good portion. I had some mods on the side that I was thinking about adding, but I don't know if some of them will compliment each other or if they will be made useless.

An example: Maskars Oblivion Overhaul and CLS-Craftybits mods. Both add some crafting (MOO actually adds more than just crafting) but will both mods crafting systems be able to be used or just one? (I hope this makes sense)

I took a look at the new homes I got from the DLC's and I found them a bit lacking. I tried searching for some remakes but I didn't really like what I found. Also some mentioned they were not compatible with the unofficial patches. So I figured I would just do a few changes myself. If I want to make them compatible with the unofficial patches, do I have to have the changes saved as a separate esp?  Also, for making it Wrye Bash compatible, should the folder structure in the archive look like this maybe?:  Data>Textures>Custom Textures       and      Data>Meshes>Custom Meshes

I don't intend on publishing any mods for oblivion so any changes to the DLC homes would just be for personal use. 

You're getting pulled into some serious modding. :D

For the purple theme ( :trophy: ) you should do it yourself with Rider's tutorials here

For mod compatibility questions you should check the mod's read me, or the page where you downloaded it. Usually you can only use one mod that adds/changes similar things.

For folder structure I'm a perfect slob so someone else needs to answer that one. Most likely the answer can be found in the texturing tutorials I linked above.

Good luck and show me your purple bedroom when it's done. :dance: 

• Upvote 1

Well  I dunno if that purple bedroom is still gonna happen. I think I may have to save it for Skyrim. I do check the 'readme' of the mods but sometimes it's still unclear as to compatibility. I actually ran into some issues following the guide I was using. So...I once again wiped my oblivion folder to do another clean install. I suspect one of the mods I downloaded to take a look at may have left some traces that could have interfered. Now I am just testing a few that I am uncertain before I 'clean install' again and restart the guide. If I have to I will leave out the qarls texture pack. Its the one that isn't wanting to cooperate at the moment. 

as for the retexture tutorial you linked...if thats what I have to go through, I will just save that kind of work for skyrim. :)  

And with that....I am headed back to my testing. Thank you for the info   :)